Amazon & Play SUCK!

• The-Storm 8 Sep 2006 19:11:06 327 posts
    Seen 9 years ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Can anyone recommend a good place that takes care of PACKING a game? Amazon and play don't give a damn.
    My "Dead Rising Limited Edition" case is buckled up.

Ideally an online shop that packs up a game in foam or a larger box would be ideal.
  • Kostabi 8 Sep 2006 19:39:54 5,916 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The Amazon cardboard packaging is more than sturdy enough for a game. Sounds like your postman sat on it.
  • The-Storm 8 Sep 2006 19:47:23 327 posts
    Seen 9 years ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    yeah..man.. i'm just frustrated. it's a limited edition and amazon are out of stock of it..it'll be hard for them to replace it. the game rocks though! ;)
  • StixxUK 8 Sep 2006 20:43:51 8,358 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Gameplay give you the choice of a box or envelope.
  • Deleted user 8 September 2006 20:48:29
    The Storm wrote:
    yeah..man.. i'm just frustrated. it's a limited edition and amazon are out of stock of it..it'll be hard for them to replace it. the game rocks though! ;)
    It's not a limited edition. It's a tin box that says "Limited Edition" on it. My local Game had over a dozen of them this afternoon, and it had been on sale since at the very latest Thursday lunchtime...
  • TwistidChimp 8 Sep 2006 20:54:14 8,825 posts
    Seen 13 years ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Use Gameplay, they give you an option of packing choices and always get pre orders to me a day early.. which is nice.
  • The-Storm 9 Sep 2006 20:18:43 327 posts
    Seen 9 years ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Owen-B wrote:
    The Storm wrote:
    It's not a limited edition. It's a tin box that says "Limited Edition" on it. My local Game had over a dozen of them this afternoon, and it had been on sale since at the very latest Thursday lunchtime...

The limited edition was sold out in most areas where I live, i checked in couple of Game stores too. i managed to get it from HMV they had the last copy on the shelf. I'll be sending the "buckled" one straight back to amazon. it's a new game so I guess it will take time till all the other high street stores stock it.
  • The-Storm 9 Sep 2006 20:20:25 327 posts
    Seen 9 years ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    TwistidChimp wrote:
    Use Gameplay, they give you an option of packing choices and always get pre orders to me a day early.. which is nice.

Thanks for that tip. I'll definetly consider gameplay, I usually use amazon for my other purchases so placed my order there thinking it will arrive in perfect condition.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.