Amazon delivery - gone to the dogs? Page 44

Next Last
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 29 Jun 2020 09:26:04 9,030 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    They sent out my XB1X with Hermes, which was tantamount to just handing it to a random guy in the street, so of course it got lost or stolen. Was particularly annoying as it was the Scorpio version and they said they couldn't do a like-for-like replacement (though offered to send out a regular version).

In the end, I just took the refund from them and picked up a Scorpio from Game.
  • Carlo 29 Jun 2020 09:44:51 21,328 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    They sent out my XB1X with Hermes, which was tantamount to just handing it to a random guy in the street, so of course it got lost or stolen. Was particularly annoying as it was the Scorpio version and they said they couldn't do a like-for-like replacement (though offered to send out a regular version).

In the end, I just took the refund from them and picked up a Scorpio from Game.
    So it might have been your actual console then, just passed through one extra pair of hands.
  • askew 4 Jul 2020 13:34:23 21,568 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Didn't want to jump on the Hermes-bashing bandwagon, but ordered some headphones last week which went AWOL on leaving their Warrington depot. Got my money back and ordered them again… and the same fucking thing has happened.
  • drhickman1983 4 Jul 2020 16:22:22 6,869 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Got a refund for the phone that never arrived, twice.

Anyway, ordered some headphones. Delivery was 8 stops away, then 7, eventually 1 stop away, I can see it on the map, very close!

Then 15 minutes later is still one stop away. It appears to have driven past me.

30 minutes later it's still one stop away, pootling down cul de sacs, still nearby but increasingly further away.

Guess it wont be today then? :/

Edit- now it's become "the driver has a few more deliveries on the way to you address" so that pretty much means it's definitely not today.

Edited by drhickman1983 at 16:30:13 04-07-2020
  • freddymercurystwin 4 Jul 2020 18:53:59 2,191 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    There's always a first time of course but since 2004 I think I think I've had one order go astray, perhaps a handful of times they've been delayed but otherwise all good. Probably 30-40 orders a year.
  • anephric 4 Jul 2020 19:01:01 4,207 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I don't often order from Amazon (fight the power) but since they've built an Amazon city just a few miles away, all of my standard delivery, non-Prime stuff comes next day. One even came same-day order, on a Sunday.

I pity the poor delivery slaves churning this stuff out but for me, there's no point in having Prime (for delivery, anyway).
  • drhickman1983 4 Jul 2020 20:16:46 6,869 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    New update - "Unfortunately, a problem occurred during shipping and we had to cancel your delivery. The package is being returned, and we will issue a refund within 5 - 7 business days after the return is processed. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience."

So between the phone that didn't arrive (twice!!) and this I think I'm done with Amazon.
  • frightlever 5 Jul 2020 12:22:44 1,492 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Speaking of Hermes, did you not see the Joe Lycett bit about them?

I dread seeing Hermes as my carrier for Amazon orders. Whatever's happening is going to be at the sorting offices though, not the delivery drivers. Hence the near industrial scale of the "returns" auctions that Joe investigated.
  • Psychotext 28 Jul 2020 15:30:36 67,198 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Has anyone else noticed that Amazon don't include item information in their order confirmations now? So you basically end up with a bunch of completely fucking useless emails with a link in them saying "click here to find out what you actually ordered".

Pissing me off. Might as well not bother sending anything.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.