Following Final Fantasy XV Page 2

• dirigiblebill 24 Jul 2008 22:21:46 1,634 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I loved IX, even though it was nothing especially new. They hit just the right balance of swashbuckling adventure, humour and nostalgia. VIII was great- hell, they're all great- but it tried too hard.
  • Hughes. 24 Jul 2008 22:32:27 2,812 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I lost the memory card with my FF8 save on it, I was on disc three at about 70 hours, never had the heart to go back to it.

FF8 does get a bad rep, mainly down to Squall's mardy-arsed attitude. Good game, I missed materia though, and having to draw magic was a grind.

Only ever got onto disc 2 of IX, I liked it a lot but I'd got distracted by my shiny new PS2 by then.
  • Widge Moderator 25 Jul 2008 09:30:40 13,858 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The thing that got me about FFIX was the final boss! You know, Mr "oh hey, you've not heard about me in this game at all but I've decided to show up and end all life anyway..."

I thought the game was great up until the introduction of Garland halfway through, kinda loses its focus at that point.
  • Psychotext 25 Jul 2008 09:42:36 63,970 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I only really enjoyed VII. I did watch the cutscenes on XII though (which were way too long anyway!)
  • Spiral 25 Jul 2008 09:51:16 371 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    There's a theory that Necron was the spirit of the Iifa Tree. If it's right it explains quite a few of the problems with that section of the plot, for example why he appeared (Kuju killed you with Ultima, and you went to him to be sorted like all dead souls) and why the tree went mental and died after you killed Necron. The end makes a lot more sense if that's right. It really should have been clearer though. If you have to rely on fan speculation for your plot to make sense, you fucked up.
  • Landmaster 25 Jul 2008 14:50:34 187 posts
    Seen 10 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Final Fantasy 8 remains my favourite to this day - I've got Special Figurine Boxsets and everything!

Now just where are they... *Wanders off in search of figures*

Oh my brother used to skit FF8, saying the after battle screen music sounded like Donkey Kong. He wasn't all wrong mind.
  • Scimarad 27 Aug 2008 09:47:34 9,505 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I can't wait to see some more on this one - Unfortunately I think it's going to be quite a while before we see anything approaching gameplay.
  • JediMasterMalik 27 Aug 2008 18:53:44 11,820 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Beautiful shots, the style and graphics are just fantastic. Miles ahead of something like IU or Last Remnant. (though ofc this is further away)
  • itamae 31 Aug 2008 14:12:50 10,210 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Read this at the Magic Box:

- In an interview with Nomura and Toriyama from Dengeki, the two producers revealed that:

* Final Fantasy XIII will not be released for Xbox 360 in Japan.
    * Final Fantasy Versus XIII for PS3 will be more like a traditional Final Fantasy game than FFXIII, in Versus XIII you travel across mountains, ocean, wandering in dungeons and battle with summon beasts and so on.
    * Final Fantasy Agito XIII for PSP will be released after FFXIII.

O_o

So if Versus is classical FF, then what exactly is FF XIII? Or might there be something lost in translation?
  • CosmicFuzz 31 Aug 2008 15:50:11 32,402 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ooh really? That sounds pretty interesting.
  • Deleted user 31 August 2008 15:54:39
    Hmm it does. Damn I want this game. You think we will have it by summer next year?
  • Deleted user 31 August 2008 15:58:50
    Will we see XIII before summer?
  • Bloodloss 31 Aug 2008 16:04:15 4,497 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    What? I thought they were planning to ruin this game and make it action adventurey. If it's more like the previous ones, excellent.
  • Deleted user 31 August 2008 16:29:18
    I just hope it's not like XII, I just didn't like it.
  • JediMasterMalik 31 Aug 2008 16:32:27 11,820 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    There were two problems with XII:

1) The action was not involved enough, it didn't feel like you were really in control
    2) The spells and special attacks didn't really feel all that special at all.

The gambit system worked pretty well and the basics of the battle system, in not having random battles, were fine, but a more involved system is the way forward.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.