Question about GAME pre-orders...

• Aretak 4 Oct 2006 12:44:40 10,391 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    If you redeem some reward points towards a pre-order, do you get them back if you cancel it?
  • Deleted user 4 October 2006 12:52:57
    You get it put back on a gift card AFAIK. Though I've never had to pay upfront for a game pre-order. It's just a case of pay-on-the-day.
  • Fatfish 4 Oct 2006 12:53:56 3,377 posts
    Seen 10 years ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I don't see why you shouldn't, but I couldn't say for certain. They should have your reward card details from when you redeemed the points (and it's registered to your account), so shouldn't be hard for them to do.

edit: sorry, thought you meant online. Yes, I'm sure I've had it put back on a gift card before. They do when I '10 day return' a game, so shouldn't be any different.

Edited by Fatfish at 12:55:22 04-10-2006
  • Aretak 4 Oct 2006 12:59:01 10,391 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Thanks for the replies.
    Fatfish wrote:
    edit: sorry, thought you meant online. Yes, I'm sure I've had it put back on a gift card before. They do when I '10 day return' a game, so shouldn't be any different.
    Actually, I did. You can redeem them online through their 'InstantRedemption' thingumy when you place the order, but they say nothing about whether you'll get them back if you cancel said order. I e-mailed their customer services a few days back to ask, but haven't received a reply.

I think I'll just cancel the pre-order anyway and hope they have some common sense.

Edited by Aretak at 12:59:12 04-10-2006
  • Aretak 5 Oct 2006 11:45:40 10,391 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Because I know everyone was on the edge of their seat waiting for news, I thought I'd note that the reward points have appeared back in my account this morning... which is nice. :-)
  • Fatfish 5 Oct 2006 11:55:37 3,377 posts
    Seen 10 years ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    GAME are quite good like that. I moved house a couple of years ago and forgot to change my details (this was before they put points on the reward card and would send you vouchers instead). They sent 10 worth of vouchers to my old address and I had no way of getting hold of them, so they changed my details and posted them out to me again at the new address. No questions asked and only took one phone call.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.