Game - New bunch of c***s Page 88

Next Last
  • nickthegun 29 Dec 2018 13:40:55 76,185 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This is an interesting, if familiar, read. A giant company sits with it's thumb up it's arse while everyone steals it's business.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/jan/15/why-did-hmv-fail

And further to that article, I used to work for a web design/hosting company that were pitching for HMVs new site as I was leaving. The penny had finally dropped that they needed to invest in the online part of the business.

I left this place in 2014. Twenty fucking fourteen.
  • Deleted user 29 December 2018 14:07:11
    I remember I was in one of their shops a few years ago with my girlfriend at the time, we were walking around, holding hands, and we got chatting with one of the sales assistants about retro games and that. Bizarrely she started flirting incessantly with me despite how clearly enamoured we were.

Another time I was gonna sell them a brand new Xbox 360 which I'd got as part of a mobile package for free. So, I went off to grab some lunch while they "tested" it. I went back and the guy said it wasn't working. Not sure what their testing procedure was because it was working fine when I got it back home.

Is every game employee just weird or incompetent?

Edited by Innit at 14:12:32 29-12-2018
  • JamboWayOh 29 Dec 2018 15:03:46 10,729 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Innit wrote:
    I remember I was in one of their shops a few years ago with my girlfriend at the time, we were walking around, holding hands, and we got chatting with one of the sales assistants about retro games and that. Bizarrely she started flirting incessantly with me despite how clearly enamoured we were.

Did you have fish fingers, chips and beans after you banged her?
  • DangerousDave_87 29 Dec 2018 15:38:14 5,427 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Remember they're all paid minimum wage. Having product knowledge pretty such a job is pretty much a bonus at that level. Most of them are probably just trying to avoid the hospitality sector and who can blame them.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.