The Football League Thread Page 295

• the_milkybar_kid 8 Jan 2019 12:45:45 7,989 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Used to happen to us nearly every other week in our early Premier League years. I wouldn't expect much of a bounce though. We're truly fucking dreadful and scared of our own shadow at home. Don't know how long Rowett's influence will last.
  • the_milkybar_kid 9 Jan 2019 09:58:52 7,989 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Soooooooo it looks like Nathan Jones from Luton will be taking over. Brief bit of digging suggest he's an attacking minded manager, he's taken Luton up and they're flying in league 1. Any Luton fans vouch for him?

I do worry that the job was too big for Rowett, how will a manager from the lower leagues get on with a bunch of ex-Premier league fannies that have had smoke blown up their arse for too long? I'm taking hope in the fact that Darren Moore and Dean Smith both stepped up and cracked on.

End of the day, if he brings some pride back to the club with some decent football, I'm happy. We've been on our arse for 3 years so some semblance of that would be nice.
  • nickthegun 9 Jan 2019 10:09:49 77,889 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    They were talking about this on talksport last night and the general concensus was that hes better off staying at luton and finishing the 'project' than committing career suicide at a toxic club no manager can succeed at.
  • fontgeeksogood 9 Jan 2019 10:11:51 6,099 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Paul Hurst is available
  • Jono62 9 Jan 2019 10:16:20 22,259 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If only you had acted last week, you could have got the genius that is Steve Bruce.
  • nickthegun 9 Jan 2019 10:18:07 77,889 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    My mate is fumming hun xx that not only have they signed an 'ex-pig', that ex pig is Steve Bruce.
  • the_milkybar_kid 9 Jan 2019 10:18:32 7,989 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ooof, toxic. You're partially right. It's taken long enough but the fans have started to realise the CEO and the fat fuck Director of Football are the root of the problems and chanted about wanting them out at games, as well as soon wising up to an abrasive, arrogant wanker that only played a shit imitation of Pulisball. Bit strong to say no manager can succeed though. The last 2 appointments were terrible. Third time lucky, I guess.
  • nickthegun 9 Jan 2019 10:40:25 77,889 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Well.. as much as I disliked the football, he did finish 5th with a much worse squad than Lampard now has, so while it may not necessarily have been the right appointment, I don't think it was terrible. I would certainly have expected him to finish top six.
  • the_milkybar_kid 9 Jan 2019 10:58:24 7,989 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @nickthegun We seemed to get progressively worse for us. For the last few months before he got sacked, the performances were dire. As bad as anything I've seen even when we were under Chic Bates and Chris fucking Kamara. There was absolutely no redeeming qualities to it and the 10 game unbeaten run completely flattered us. That game against you was the only time we looked like a cohesive football team, even then it was a pretty agricultural performance like the early Pulis days. I do think he would have struggled to get us inside the top ten. This is after spending close to 50m in one window.

Edited by the_milkybar_kid at 10:58:46 09-01-2019
  • fontgeeksogood 9 Jan 2019 17:41:42 6,099 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Nick,

Who the fuck is Simon Dawkins
  • askew 11 Jan 2019 13:40:08 19,119 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Drama: https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/01/club-statement-3
  • nickthegun 11 Jan 2019 13:46:22 77,889 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The comments on the Facebook article are hilarious. 100+ variations of 'dirty leeds'
  • Deleted user 11 January 2019 14:07:22
    Well. If true they shock be given a massive fine and a points deduction.

Still the scummiest club in the land despite playing great football this year.
  • HairyArse 11 Jan 2019 20:47:07 1,255 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Surely this happens up and down the country week in week out?
  • Deleted user 11 January 2019 20:51:59
    Fucking Leeds. Horrible club, horrible fans.

I happen to live 5 mins walk from the stadium (lovely area, legalised red light district), so I fell fairly qualified to say they're cunts to a man.

Really hope Derby pull this back.
  • Deleted user 11 January 2019 21:08:19
    If the FA don't throw the book at Leeds well, what the fuck
  • LionheartDJH 11 Jan 2019 21:08:38 20,291 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Jyzzy-Z as a Bantam that works in Leeds I concur.

Peacock-Farrell perfectly demonstrating there.
  • Deleted user 11 January 2019 21:18:59
    Fuck this cunt also:

From the guardian

Mauricio Pochettino said the episode was not a surprise. The Tottenham manager played under Bielsa at Newell’s Old Boys, Espanyol and Argentina. “There is nothing wrong to try to find information and know a bit more about what the opponents are doing. That happened 30 years ago in Argentina. Not only Marcelo, all the managers were like this,” he said. “Here maybe it is a little bit weird but in Argentina it happened. It is not a big issue or a big deal.”
  • Deleted user 11 January 2019 21:19:46
    Hope United bum them on Sunday.

Edited by Jyzzy-Z at 21:19:57 11-01-2019
  • You-can-call-me-kal 11 Jan 2019 21:28:32 15,769 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    They were talking about this on talksport last night and the general concensus was that hes better off finishing the 'project' than committing career suicide at a toxic club no manager can succeed at.
    But enough about Pochettino.
  • Zomoniac 11 Jan 2019 23:36:26 10,019 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Jyzzy-Z wrote:
    Well. If true they shock be given a massive fine and a points deduction.

Still the scummiest club in the land despite playing great football this year.
    We’re a scum club, but scummiest in the land? I can only assume you’ve never had the privilege of going to see your team play Millwall.

I’d be surprised if there was anything punishable. Being on public land with binoculars might be unethical but it’s not illegal.

We were great tonight, definitely deserved to win by more, and that first minute penalty being overturned was outrageous. Not sure about the Peacock-Farrell incident. From where I was in the ground I didn’t see it and assumed their player had gone down because we had a good break on, but having got back and watched the highlights it definitely appears that BPF looks at him before his foot goes into his shoulder, it looks very conscious and deliberate from the replay, and if reviewed I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get a ban for that.

Bit disappointed with Derby really. I was very nervous going into the game, I was convinced we wouldn’t win but they never played like a team in 6th, offered very little threat. I’m guessing it was just an off day since you don’t get in the playoff spots playing like that.
  • fontgeeksogood 12 Jan 2019 16:54:10 6,099 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    IT'S HAPPENING
  • Mr_Sleep 12 Jan 2019 18:31:52 22,593 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Hmm, we are shite after all. Grealish getting injured ended our season, it says a lot about how average all the other players at the club are. Actually, average might be an exaggeration.
  • fontgeeksogood 12 Jan 2019 18:48:34 6,099 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    James Collins was imperious for us today. I dunno how often he'll play.

Absolutely on the rack the entire second half
  • nickthegun 12 Jan 2019 21:53:36 77,889 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    It's put my mate, Mr Clubshop, in a difficult position. His wife bought him the full beans tour with Micky Stockwell showing him round and lunch with John Wark before the game.

Now his mates are all insisting he upgrades his season ticket to a weekly hospitality package.
  • fontgeeksogood 12 Jan 2019 22:02:21 6,099 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I hope he got leathered with Warky cos we were shite (but who cares)
  • Jono62 14 Jan 2019 12:47:57 22,259 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Martin O'Neill is the new Forest boss...
  • the_milkybar_kid 14 Jan 2019 12:59:26 7,989 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Wow. Could be a good signing for them given his history with the club, can't imagine he'd want to let them down. But the last time he was a decent manager was over 10 years ago.
  • Deleted user 14 January 2019 13:01:23
    Shirley that means a return for Keane there also. Seems a good move all round to me.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.