The **Official** Dream Diary Thread

First Previous
  • Deleted user 16 February 2007 10:48:42
    Thought it might be fun to have a place where we can share some of our more bizarre dreams. Could be a good chance for the pseudo-psychologists of the forum to get some thoughts together as well.

To kick things off I had rather a cool games related dream last night. I had a new Parodius game on the PSP, which in itself was awesome, but the best bit was that you could play 2 player, and the second player got to be Ecco the Dolphin. Teh w1n or what??
  • smoothpete 16 Feb 2007 10:54:07 37,616 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I dreamt last night that I was trying to kill these guys in some woodland with a homemade bow and arrow. I was making the arrows on the fly out of nettle stalks and using the leaves as flights, and they didn't sting for some reason. Got one bloke right through the chest as he was about to do me in
  • Deleted user 16 February 2007 10:59:54
    smoothpete wrote:
    I dreamt last night that I was trying to kill these guys in some woodland with a homemade bow and arrow. I was making the arrows on the fly out of nettle stalks and using the leaves as flights, and they didn't sting for some reason. Got one bloke right through the chest as he was about to do me in

Sounds like a pretty standard (if quite fun and cool) anxiety dream to me. I hate being chased dreams, I always get them when I’m stressed.
  • Deleted user 16 February 2007 11:02:46
    I dreamed that an alsatian raped me once.
  • MetalDog 16 Feb 2007 11:03:28 24,076 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I had a wierd one a while back I wouldn't mind some opinions on.

I'm hunting in the woods when I see a deer. Initially planning to kill it for food, when I get up to it, I see that someone's been slashing cuts into the thing, designed to hurt, rather than kill. The cuts have been badly bandaged over and the words 'Deliberate Harm' are printed on them in red ink.

The deer is saying, "The rabbit! The rabbit!" in a terrified voice, so I take pity on it, lift it onto my shoulders and go in search of a vet. As I'm jogging along, a camera flash goes off and I think, 'They're going to think I was one who slashed the deer up'. I decide it doesn't matter, because the deer needs help regardless.

What. The. Fuck?
  • smoothpete 16 Feb 2007 11:04:13 37,616 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I sometimes have chasing dreams, this didn't feel like that though so I'm not sure it was anxiety related. They were looking for me, but I was hunting them and wasn't really running away, just around them. It was a cool dream! They all are though :)
  • Deleted user 16 February 2007 11:04:24
    I can never remember my dreams in the morning which is a shame because i'm almost certain that they consist of numerous acts of sexual depravity with the Minogue sisters.

Sometimes if i'm woken up suddenly then i'll be aware that i was dreaming but - and it's a very odd feeling - i can almost feel myself forgetting it, if that makes any sense! I knew what i was dreaming about as soon as i woke up but a few seconds later it's gone. Feels like someones wiping my brain with a wet sponge :D

I now fully expect someone to tell me i have a tumour and will be dead within a week.
  • DaM 16 Feb 2007 11:06:21 17,681 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Fozzie_bear wrote:
    I can never remember my dreams in the morning which is a shame because i'm almost certain that they consist of numerous acts of sexual depravity with the Minogue sisters.

Sometimes if i'm woken up suddenly then i'll be aware that i was dreaming but - and it's a very odd feeling - i can almost feel myself forgetting it, if that makes any sense! I knew what i was dreaming about as soon as i woke up but a few seconds later it's gone. Feels like someones wiping my brain with a wet sponge :D

I now fully expect someone to tell me i have a tumour and will be dead within a week.

Have a pen and paper at the side of your bed and write them down straight away, it seems to crystallize it in your mind. I tried this for a few weeks about 15yrs ago, I can still remember them!
  • Deleted user 16 February 2007 11:07:07
    MetalDog wrote:
    I had a wierd one a while back I wouldn't mind some opinions on.

I'm hunting in the woods when I see a deer. Initially planning to kill it for food, when I get up to it, I see that someone's been slashing cuts into the thing, designed to hurt, rather than kill. The cuts have been badly bandaged over and the words 'Deliberate Harm' are printed on them in red ink.

The deer is saying, "The rabbit! The rabbit!" in a terrified voice, so I take pity on it, lift it onto my shoulders and go in search of a vet. As I'm jogging along, a camera flash goes off and I think, 'They're going to think I was one who slashed the deer up'. I decide it doesn't matter, because the deer needs help regardless.

What. The. Fuck?

Hmmm, I’m in danger of revealing that I actually only ever have one interpretation of dreams, but, that sounds like an anxiety dream to me :)

Seriously, that’s a fucked up dream right there. I would say that you show a very admirable attitude in the dream, so kudos to that…
  • smoothpete 16 Feb 2007 11:08:50 37,616 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Writing them down works, it can be an arse when you're really sleepy. I stopped doing it as it was starting to freak me out! The last one was when I'd been playing a lot of Hitman. I was a hitman, and I had to kill a guy in an opera house bar by pouring hot blue curacao down his arse crack :/

MD, lol @ "the rabbit! the rabbit!"
  • Deleted user 16 February 2007 11:09:37
    Slurpy J wrote:
    Fozzie:

You have a tumour, you may be dead within a week

Bollocks. I knew it.

/cancels pension
  • MetalDog 16 Feb 2007 11:10:28 24,076 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Smoothpete's sounds like the opposite of an anxiety dream to me. He took control, was uber competant and rocked the bad guys.
  • markh 16 Feb 2007 11:11:13 3,599 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    about a month ago i had a dream where i was sleeping in my parents house and my brother came into the room where i was sleeping. He was really loud and shouting "It's 4am, i've been partying all night!" and then loads of my friends came into the room too, followed by Jay-Z.

I then heard loads of noise outside and i looked out the window and Dr. Dre was outside and he was with a load of men - all of them were dressed in suits and carried Tommy guns a la Bugsy Malone. Dre was shouting "Where's Jay-Z, i'm going to shoot him".

So Jay-Z went outside and got shot by them all and Dre was shouting "This is for Biggie, this is for Suge Knight". He then proceeded to break into the house and start to shoot everyone. Me and my girlfriend escaped through a window while all of my friends died.

Random.
  • Deleted user 16 February 2007 11:14:11
    MD's sounds like a need to do what she considers to be "the right thing" despite the sneers from other people. It reveals an inner compulsion to do one small thing to help one individual whilst knowing that in the grand scheme of things the culprit gets away scot-free. There is the frustration of having done a good deed but society as a whole ignoring or deriding the effort.

Either that or it's penis envy i'd say. Psychology all seems to boil down to cocks in the end.
  • Deleted user 16 February 2007 11:14:36
    Witchking wrote:
    Slurpy J wrote:

Fozzie:

You have a tumour, you will be dead within a week

fixed ;)

Oh bloody hellfire.

/cancels xbox live subscription
  • MetalDog 16 Feb 2007 11:18:49 24,076 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    There was an element of 'This deer needs help, dammit!' in the dream that I found hilarious when I woke up. The thing that bugged me about it were the cuts with 'deliberate harm' written on them - I don't remember ever reading in a dream before.
  • Deleted user 16 February 2007 11:21:55
    MetalDog wrote:
    There was an element of 'This deer needs help, dammit!' in the dream that I found hilarious when I woke up. The thing that bugged me about it were the cuts with 'deliberate harm' written on them - I don't remember ever reading in a dream before.

Did the deer play guitar for Manic St Preachers?

The 'Deliberate Harm' thing is maybe reinforcing the point that someone chose to do hack up the deer for a laugh rather than it being an accident or a natural predator - worrying about the injustices carried out by people for which they're not held accountable....

I don't see what you've got against rabbits though. That's just odd.
  • Deleted user 16 February 2007 11:26:09
    Did you see ‘The Fly’ at a very young age, or have some other insect related incident that really disturbed you as a kid?
  • Deleted user 16 February 2007 11:32:34
    ManicMinerUK wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Did you see ‘The Fly’ at a very young age, or have some other insect related incident that really disturbed you as a kid?

I am mad phobic of insects, yes.

Never saw The Fly though...

Are you sure? Maybe you were so disturned you've completely buried it in your subconcious ;-)

It's just that the foetus thing reminds me of it, and that's quite an odd image for a child to come up with. How would you have known what a foetus was or looked like?

Anyway, you have my sympathy. I've got a couple of nasty recurring night time nasties and it can really fuck with you.
  • MetalDog 16 Feb 2007 11:32:43 24,076 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Fozzie_bear wrote:

I think the rabbit did it.
  • MetalDog 16 Feb 2007 11:35:28 24,076 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    ManicMinerUK wrote:
    I'm in a massive old dark house, and almost as soon as I realise where I am swarms of insects start pouring out of every opening... plug holes, taps, electrical sockets, keyholes... any hole you can think of in a room has bugs gushing out of it like water.

It does sound very horror movie-esque. Did you have the fear of insects before or after the dreams started.
  • smoothpete 16 Feb 2007 11:36:13 37,616 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    ManicMiner, that sounds rancid, I don't envy you that one
  • Deleted user 16 February 2007 11:37:04
    MetalDog wrote:
    Fozzie_bear wrote:

I think the rabbit did it.

Why would your subconscious mind create a scenario where a rabbit is a vicious deer-slasher though?

Did you watch Holy Grail when you were young?

Do you have a fear of men with big ears and buck teeth?
  • smoothpete 16 Feb 2007 11:38:34 37,616 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Anyone want to join me in starting to write a dream diary, ie notebook by the side of the bed? I'll nick a book from work today and get started over the weekend
  • Deleted user 16 February 2007 11:42:19
    smoothpete wrote:
    Anyone want to join me in starting to write a dream diary, ie notebook by the side of the bed? I'll nick a book from work today and get started over the weekend

I kinda do it. I don't write them down, but I elbow my girlfriend and tell her about them. That's usually enough to cement them in my head.
  • Deleted user 16 February 2007 11:43:28
    I had a dream the other night that I had a PS3 and I lived on Pharell Williams speedboat.
  • Dougs 16 Feb 2007 11:43:56 99,066 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Mine tend to be incredibly surreal - some bits of normality interspersed with utter craziness. I can barely remember them though, other than they were odd. I think I'll do the notebook thang too. I'm a little scared to though.....
  • RubyRed 16 Feb 2007 11:52:47 4,303 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Mine are usually toilet-related. Last night I dreamt that I moved into a flat that had no toilet, so I had to go into a pub down the road and use the toilet in there. Except I couldn't use any of those either because they all had gigantic turds clogging them up.
  • First Previous
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.