The **Official** Dream Diary Thread Page 3

• Futaba 31 Mar 2008 10:33:41 3,636 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I think my dream last night was heavily influenced by playing San Andreas on sunday. Most of the dream I saw from a top-down view, but this dream was rather tame compared to some I've had recently.

I was surprised how vivid some of the colours were in my friday night dream. I was walking through a field with my ex girlfriend, the grass and flowers seemed 3 times bigger than normal and all the colours were pretty intense. Then we had lunch or something back at her place (not her real house), her older sister was there and everything was very awkward. She doesn't have an older sister in real life though o_o
  • Inquisitor Moderator 11 Apr 2008 01:57:10 14,557 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    LOL! Dreams are ace. I had some weird dreams last night too - much about limbs dropping off (I was sleeping awkwardly on my hand) and for some reason Kate Bush's Wuthering Heights was rattling round my head. :-|

Ahhhh, that bit about limbs falling off reminds me of the dream I used to get quite often.

Basically these luminous, glowing ghosts existed that would tear you to shreds if you wore or held anything shiny, even those little foil strips on money was enough to send them psycho.

Very strange indeed.
  • chronom4n 11 Apr 2008 06:53:55 529 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    the night before last i dreamt that turkey was going to be nuked! but really weird in the sense that all i saw were, you know when you are in a plane flying above the clouds? well that is what i saw in my dream. don't know how i got to the point about Turkey getting nuked!
  • smoothpete 11 Apr 2008 09:20:13 37,616 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Part of my dream last night was that I was in a fishing contest, which started off that I was fishing in this shallow pool and doing quite well (I pulled out two fish that looked like pike then kicked them in the face to kill them). Then it wasn't a pool anymore but I was indoors and the pool had become a carpet but there were still fish coming out of it
  • opalw00t 11 Apr 2008 09:29:23 12,836 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Something about a school that wasn't a school and all I really remember is that I drank a bottle of Sprite and it was literally the best thing ever. Couldn't find any in the shop this morning to verify my dream theory :(

Maybe I was being dream-advertised?

/dons tinfoil hat
  • Katsumoto 22 Apr 2008 08:48:13 1,358 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I had a dream last night that Eurogamer reviewed The Agency (upcoming PC/PS3 MMO) and they gave it 1/10 and just printed the words "FUCKING AWFUL" all over the page. Then this woman from my class at grad college shoved her breasts in my face.
  • smoothpete 22 Apr 2008 09:09:38 37,616 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I dreamt that I was on various trains with some friends, and where ever we stopped for a while we got tattoos
  • opalw00t 29 Apr 2008 12:40:46 12,836 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Right then. I don't normally remember dreams, but maybe the fact I was dozing from 5:30 am might have helped fix it in my mind.

So my family had just moved into a new house. Note that the parents were not my parents and I had a sister and 3 younger brothers (I have one brother in real life). This was a bit weird. Specially as my sister was flirting with me.

Anyways, my room in the house slid off the roof one day. All the neighbours helped push it back on, but it happened the next night too and it ended up floating on a pond. So my dad and I cut a hole in the floor and started fishing through it. All we caught were lots of cute beetle/bug things which were all identical in every way except for their colours.

Then my viewpoint changed and I was watching my dad in the back garden talking to a female neighbour. I noticed now that he looked like the dad of Shameless, but slightly tidier and with a clever gleam in his eye. The neighbour had a go at him and called him dodgy, but then a ball came over the fence and my dad started doing fancy ball juggling tricks until the neighbour shouted at him. He then had a serious expression on his face and then defied physics with ball before warning the neighbour that he had powers.

For some reason I was then playing with little brothers, who were 3 mixed-race triplets about 6 months old (everyone else in the family was white). So we had some fun there playing peekaboo and airplanes and pulling silly faces. This was stopped by the arrival of mum, dad and sis - who revealed we were actually all evil magicians who can shapechange, but they had hidden the knowledge in our minds. Everybody changed shape so then we were 7 young adults with glowing auras. My 'sister' was in fact my missus! We went off for some fun and I woke up just as she took off her shirt.

It was all rather confusing.
  • smoothpete 29 Apr 2008 12:44:07 37,616 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Paging Dr Freud!

I had a dream a couple of nights ago that I visited koti's shop, and met him and lutz. Then I cooked dinner for my brother and his family, I did some oven food, like alphabites or smiley potato faces, summat like that. But they turned their noses up at it. Then my missus cooked them an over pizza which they ate, then I was annoyed that they'd eaten her food but not mine
  • opalw00t 29 Apr 2008 12:44:53 12,836 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I did eat a bit of cheddar before bed. And 7 pints.
  • pjmaybe 29 Apr 2008 12:47:02 70,666 posts
    Seen 12 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Had a really weird fucked up dream last night - my car's exhaust was playing up and was really loud, so my neighbour purposely doctored his car to be even louder. After driving around the car park we got into a stand up toe to toe scrap and no matter how hard I hit the fucker he just wouldn't drop. It was horrible. I hate those "ineffective punching" dreams.
  • Inquisitor Moderator 1 May 2008 10:44:15 14,557 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Some ridiculously cool dreams last night but can only remember one (two were so horriffic they actually woke me up, but I see that as a sign of a good dream).

Anyway, in one dream I got arrested and sent to prison for a crime I didn't committ (or did, but I didn't think it was a crime).

I'd been sentenced to 60 days in prison and on around the second day I escaped from the jail cell, but for some reason the jails cells were all interlinked, no corridors (well, some but I'll describe them later) or anything so I kept getting into the next cell and having to escape from that one.

Each cell had a puzzle that you needed to solve to get out, very computer gamey, pilling boxes to escape, finding key cards, guessing door lock codes and so on (I met very few other prisoners on my journey, those I did meet were often hiding behind the cells in wall cavities and the like for some reason).

I also had the power to turn into a giant dragonfly, looked similar in some ways to the dragon from never ending story...I used this power to fly between these huge chasms that criss crossed the prison. The chasms acted as corridors, with cells reaching as far down and across as you could see, with suspended walkways running the length.

I got to the exit of the prison on the 60th day, where the prison manager met me to tell me I could go as my sentence had ended.
  • Dougs 11 May 2008 07:05:47 99,066 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I just had one fucked up dream. It was a little surreal, and I'm not sure if I was one of the main protagonists or was just watching in closely. Anyway, seemed two young kids (I think I was one of them) had been kidnapped by a man and woman double act.

After some struggling (where the woman showed she meant business by kicking the crap out of "me") etc, they get the 2 kids back to a flat. The guy then drags the other kid off to a room, where god only knows what happens. I try to escape through a bathroom window but get rumbled and have a gun pulled on me so cack it.

For some reason they then decide to let us go - why I don't know. I'm dragged outside, and the other lad is set free - at first glance I look and think that he's OK. I then notice the gun in his hand, and he promptly puts it in his mouth and pulls the trigger. Then it dawns on me the horrors that he must've endured (with an adult mind if that makes sense), if that was the only way out. Last memory is me running down the road screaming (before it then morphed into another dream involving a mate of mine getting married again - to the same woman).

I hate having vivid dreams sometimes, woke up all depressed.
  • Inquisitor Moderator 11 May 2008 07:34:42 14,557 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Just had a strange dream.

I was watching a news report on the race for London mayor and some guy on stilts walked past the camera, except he wasn't on 'stits' he had funny animal legs not unlike the ones on the metal gears in the MGS 4 trailer.

Scared the shit outta me for some reason.
  • smoothpete 11 May 2008 07:55:59 37,616 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Dougs, that's pretty fucked up!

I had some dreams last night but I can't remember anything about them
  • Deleted user 11 May 2008 07:59:19
    BanjoMan wrote:
    HarryPalmer wrote:
    I always ALWAYS dream that i can fly, not like Superman style but just sort of hover about, difficult to explain, but i can just jump a bit and then remain suspended in the air and paddle about. Its sooo cool but then i wake up and feel so depressed i could cry.

I used to have these all the time, and usually involving me using my skills to hunt zombies or vampires.

Apparently, dreaming about semi-flight is about feeling like you're not quite reaching your potential.

Heh, interesting. I have these quite regularly too, like last night - I dreamt I could do a similar hovering thing but only if I concentrated really hard, and even then I could only get to about head height, which didn't really seem to impress anyone. Falling short of my potential, eh?
  • Inquisitor Moderator 11 May 2008 08:04:34 14,557 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    nekotcha wrote:
    BanjoMan wrote:
    HarryPalmer wrote:
    I always ALWAYS dream that i can fly, not like Superman style but just sort of hover about, difficult to explain, but i can just jump a bit and then remain suspended in the air and paddle about. Its sooo cool but then i wake up and feel so depressed i could cry.

I used to have these all the time, and usually involving me using my skills to hunt zombies or vampires.

Apparently, dreaming about semi-flight is about feeling like you're not quite reaching your potential.

Heh, interesting. I have these quite regularly too, like last night - I dreamt I could do a similar hovering thing but only if I concentrated really hard, and even then I could only get to about head height, which didn't really seem to impress anyone. Falling short of my potential, eh?

Yea, I've had similar dreams... Not had any for ages though but I used to get them all the time.

It took a lot of effort and I could get up to the height of about a first floor window. Achieved it through breastroke strangely enough, swimming in the air basically.

Always seemed to involve the headmaster of my primary school for whatever reason, he's dead now, maybe that's why the dreams stopped :D

I think I did have one or two after he'd died actually, though no one seemed as impressed as they did before, in fact, they were pretty dissapointed in my ability.
  • smoothpete 11 May 2008 08:07:43 37,616 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I never fly as such, but I float a lot. Like, I will jump down a flight of stairs but I'm not moving quickly, just floating a foot or so over the ground, and I can keep this going like there is some kind of repellent magnetic force between my feet and the floor. Oh but to really fly, that would be awesome

Are there things you can take to give you lucid dreams?
  • Inquisitor Moderator 11 May 2008 08:09:53 14,557 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Yea, mine were similar I guess, felt like I was swimming through treacle.
  • Deleted user 11 May 2008 08:11:46
    smoothpete wrote:
    I never fly as such, but I float a lot. Like, I will jump down a flight of stairs but I'm not moving quickly, just floating a foot or so over the ground, and I can keep this going like there is some kind of repellent magnetic force between my feet and the floor. Oh but to really fly, that would be awesome

I dunno about things you can take, but I find I dream most lucidly after a day of using my imagination a lot - y'know, if I'm doing something creative.
  • smoothpete 11 May 2008 08:14:08 37,616 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    nekotcha wrote:
    smoothpete wrote:

I dunno about things you can take, but I find I dream most lucidly after a day of using my imagination a lot - y'know, if I'm doing something creative.
    Creative you say? Hmmm

/breaks out finger painting kit

The closest my job gets to being creative is a little bit of creative accounting here and there ;)
  • Dougs 11 May 2008 08:41:00 99,066 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    Dougs, that's pretty fucked up!

Tell me about it. And the most fucked up thing? If I was the other kid, I was female. :-|
  • smoothpete 11 May 2008 08:45:59 37,616 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I wouldn't be too concerned. I once dreamt I was in a no holds barred fighting competition against a pack of kung fu nuns. On an ice rink.
  • Inquisitor Moderator 17 May 2008 10:22:51 14,557 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Had some weird ones last night.

One was most definitely a night mare...I had an essay to do and had left it till the last possible minute, literally had an hour to do it. The whole dream was just me panicking about the thing for half an hour or so of that hour. Probably the most horrible dream I've had in a long time.

It was such a 'real' situation it got me much more worked up than your average nightmare.

I also had a particularly obscure dream in which I worked in Koti's (H3_L0) shop :o

I got fired because I didn't understand the stupid numbering system they used then I trod on a dalek plushie and got it dirty /o\
  • rutter 21 May 2008 08:17:40 1,918 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I don't normally remember my dreams, but last night I did - and it was really quite strange!

I was in an Outback bar somewhere in London, with Martine McCutcheon working behind the bar.
    Anyway, we got chatting about music, and she invited me back to her place to check out her collection of old skool hardcore/drum'n'bass. She then produced an original press of Noise Factory's 'The Fire', which is a tune I'd always wanted since I was about 13. And lent it to me!

She then asked me to take a couple of saucy pics of herself with her new Motorola UIQ phone, for her records, as she'd managed to lose 16 stone!

Odd eh!
  • Lutz 21 May 2008 10:49:53 48,870 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Odd dream at about half seven this morning. Really knocked me, (as in I was dead tired after it)

I was in a room and these 3 ghost type thingies were attacking me and some girl, who I never saw. And I had a purple sword thingy. Then a dragon came a breathed fire everywhere, killed one ghosty thing, and the other 2 fled. So I cooked some pizza near the fire to fill me up, and went to give some to the girly, but couldn't find her. So I passed out.

I woke up on some grass, and came round to find the other 2 ghosty things leaning over me. So I stabbed one with my purple sword, but it was now a purple key ring attached to my house keys. The other one stabbed me in the back, then ran away over a hill. So I jumped in a 4x4 and chased it over a hill. I saw it on the road, but it turned out that it was actually Libby from Neighbours instead.

So after swerving to avoid her, I went to the school parents evening, where they were showcasing a new game called "Solid metal head", which was written in halo writing and had a picture of Arnold Schwarzneggar as a terminator on the front. Then I sat in the auditorium and listened to a beeping, which turned out to be my alarm on my phone waking me up.

So I woke up.
  • smoothpete 21 May 2008 10:51:55 37,616 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Lutz wrote:
    I stabbed one with my purple sword.
    PAGING DR. FREUD! AGAIN!
  • pjmaybe 21 May 2008 10:53:28 70,666 posts
    Seen 12 years ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    rutter wrote:
    I don't normally remember my dreams, but last night I did - and it was really quite strange!

I was in an Outback bar somewhere in London, with Martine McCutcheon working behind the bar.
    Anyway, we got chatting about music, and she invited me back to her place to check out her collection of old skool hardcore/drum'n'bass. She then produced an original press of Noise Factory's 'The Fire', which is a tune I'd always wanted since I was about 13. And lent it to me!

She then asked me to take a couple of saucy pics of herself with her new Motorola UIQ phone, for her records, as she'd managed to lose 16 stone!

Odd eh!

At which point did you wake up spot-welded to your sheets?
  • rutter 21 May 2008 13:15:29 1,918 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    pjmaybe wrote:
    rutter wrote:

Odd eh!

At which point did you wake up spot-welded to your sheets?

lol, it didn't get quite that far!

I can explain away most of it. I recently sold my old record collection, and we got WiiFit yesterday - so that explains the records and weight loss/tracking part.
    However, where Martine came from I have no idea!!
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.