Chris Cornell has left Audioslave... Page 2

• strangeed 18 Feb 2007 20:48:16 637 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I really like Cornell's voice. I'm looking forward to his second solo album.

RATM were good live, a bit of drivel between songs but otherwise good entertainment.
  • Nemesis 18 Feb 2007 21:05:53 19,518 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    When RATM announced 'that' date, I think plenty of people were wondering about Audioslave. 2 albums with the odd gem (Shadow of the Sun being a top number) and a 3rd album which wasn't that hot IMO - my friend called it pub rock and he may have a point....

It opens the door to RATM, something I've been desperate for since they split.

Morello needs to get back to doing what he does best and stop dicking around like the last A album before he becomes another effects-laden Edge.

Still, they've left some good tracks, Cornell has a decent voice and everyone should do well in the future.

RATM to tour in the UK FFS. That's what we're all hoping for.
  • Heartcore_Ninja 18 Feb 2007 21:22:30 1,727 posts
    Seen 11 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Nemesis wrote:

RATM to tour in the UK FFS. That's what we're all hoping for.

+1
  • Timmy 18 Feb 2007 21:23:16 9,208 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Temple of the Dog were good with Cornell.
  • Ampeg 18 Feb 2007 21:30:48 35 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah, been listening to that album a lot this week and id forgotten how good some of the songs on it were. Pushing Forward Back and Say Hello To Heaven really stand out and Hunger Strike sounds as good as ever.
  • jimmyjimbob 18 Feb 2007 22:50:21 313 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    If this split means I can get to see RATM live then that's good. If however, we're losing Audioslave and not getting anything to replace it other than solo artist stuff then that sucks.

At the moment a bit of a sad day, revelations was a bit of a grower as a whole I think it's my favourite Audioslave album. Fingers crossed that something good will come from it.....
  • jellyhead 19 Feb 2007 09:51:23 24,346 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Temple of The Dog is an understated classic. I love it to pieces.
  • Murbs 19 Feb 2007 09:55:21 24,239 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    jellyhead wrote:

+1

Hunger Strike is an exceptional record.
  • ElectricDemon 4 Mar 2009 23:57:53 2,415 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Seems a good enough place to post this, I've just started listening to Cornell's new album streaming on MySpace. I was sceptical at first about it being produced by Timbaland, but I have to say, it's pretty decent so far.

Linky
  • GingerMagician 5 Mar 2009 00:03:28 3,011 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    jellyhead wrote:

+1

Hunger Strike is an exceptional record.
    Great, great album.

Plenty of superb tunes on it - All Night Thing is a stone-cold classic.
  • sirtacos 5 Mar 2009 00:55:24 8,132 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nemesis wrote:
    Cornell has a decent voice

The universe is big.
  • spindizzy 5 Mar 2009 01:02:25 7,755 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    ElectricDemon wrote:
    Seems a good enough place to post this, I've just started listening to Cornell's new album streaming on MySpace. I was sceptical at first about it being produced by Timbaland, but I have to say, it's pretty decent so far.

Linky

This is making me happy - thank you!
  • sirtacos 5 Mar 2009 01:13:26 8,132 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    spindizzy wrote:
    ElectricDemon wrote:

Linky

This is making me happy - thank you!

I heard a preview of two or three of the album's songs a few months ago and they made me cry inside.
    I'm scared to try it again.
  • spindizzy 5 Mar 2009 01:17:18 7,755 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    It's not as good as ... well any of the previous stuff, but the voice is still amazing.
  • ElectricDemon 5 Mar 2009 01:23:34 2,415 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I dunno, after having listened to the whole album, I'm quite liking it. I think I might buy it when it comes out
  • Deleted user 5 March 2009 16:33:51
    ecureuil wrote:
    They should get Maynard to be their singer. Then I might actually like them.

ahahahahahaa, oh god please no

I liked Audioslave's first album, all of RATM and a fair bit of Soundgarden.
  • DUFFMAN5 5 Mar 2009 18:35:32 24,547 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Chris Cornell is awesome, even with the wanker timbaland producing. Fingers crossed Rick Rubin for the forth solo cd. Or maybe Chris will make up with Kim
  • silentbob 5 Mar 2009 18:38:21 29,510 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Really like the guy's voice. Might give this a punt, despite not being anywhere near what I'd usually listen to.
  • DUFFMAN5 5 Mar 2009 18:40:08 24,547 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Check out the links or you tube for "Scream" Two Drink" (which is class) and Ground Zero, this will give you an idea of what Timbashitland brings to the table.
  • malteaserhead 5 Mar 2009 18:46:15 13,443 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I don't know if this is brave and interesting or just plain silly yet.
    Different for him though.
  • asphaltcowboy 5 Mar 2009 18:47:51 5,156 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Wow, that's a really different sound. Kinda cool though. Love the Cornell! :D
  • DUFFMAN5 5 Mar 2009 18:50:16 24,547 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yeah, at least he has the balls to try something else. Getting a lot of average to negative reviews and interest.
    The voice still carries it for me, and after a few listens it sticks.
    Listened to him from SG, through to Temple onto Audioslave/solo, Great Rock musician.
  • asphaltcowboy 5 Mar 2009 18:55:52 5,156 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Getting a lot of average to negative reviews and interest.
    'Course he will - he's been around long enough that people expect certain stuff. I kinda like the underlying hip-hopness of it. Works pretty nicely.
  • ronuds 5 Mar 2009 18:56:31 21,781 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Produced by Timbaland?

Oh boy has he gone south. In his glory days do you think he'd have to rely on some jackass like Justin Timberlake to produce his album?

Oh me...what happened to the Chris I saw at Lollapalooza all those years ago? He told people in the stands that he'd "rip their effing heads off" because they were throwing lemons at him as he sang...the jackasses. These days, he'd probably thank them for coming. :p
  • DUFFMAN5 5 Mar 2009 19:02:23 24,547 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    rounds: gotta pay the man...man ;)
    He is still and will always be a rock behemoth.
  • ronuds 5 Mar 2009 19:06:05 21,781 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I love him, don't get me wrong. There's just no denying his better days are behind him.

IMO, of course...
  • Deleted user 5 March 2009 19:08:43
    I can see why people find it a bit toothless compared to what has gone before, but full respect for doing something so different. Timbaland did a rather good job with Nelly Furtado's change of direction, despite my initial reservations as I thought her second album was great - he's an excellent pop producer. It's nice to hear his vocals clear and Timbaland seems to concentrate on orchestrating something that suits his artists and it's clear he's fun to collaborate with.

Not sure what JT has to do with anything. Regardless, if you think JT's an asshat, from what I've ever seen or heard from him, he seems like a fellow at the top of his game that enjoys a laugh. Nobody likes success.
  • ronuds 5 Mar 2009 19:11:24 21,781 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Isn't Timbaland owned and run by JT?
  • Deleted user 5 March 2009 19:13:23
    lol
  • DUFFMAN5 5 Mar 2009 19:18:06 24,547 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I think the cd has turned out very well, but would love for him to work with Rick Rubin again, who I have loved as a producer from the Beasties though to Tom Petty and Johnny Cash.
    Brilliant producer who seems to go for sparse arrangements now days, would suit CC vocal style totally.
    I like artists trying something else.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.