Chris Cornell has left Audioslave... Page 3

  • ronuds 5 Mar 2009 19:24:22 21,781 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    mouse wrote:
    lol

    Is that a no? LOL...it sounds like he should own it!

    Well, shows how much I know about JT and Timbaland. I retract my earlier Timbaland comment then. :p
  • Deleted user 5 March 2009 19:29:47
    Timbaland is a producer whose previously worked WITH JT. ;) here.
  • ronuds 5 Mar 2009 19:30:58 21,781 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Oops! Well, that's all rather odd then! lol

    I'm a dope...
  • warlockuk 5 Mar 2009 19:33:30 19,492 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Ugh... I had a listen to the tracks on myspack and... it sounds like someone's taken recordings of him singing and overlaid it on shitty chart music. :/
  • Syrette 16 Mar 2009 01:45:05 50,308 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Trent Reznor doesn't hold back and tells it like it is...

    You know that feeling you get when somebody embarrasses themselves so badly YOU feel uncomfortable? Heard Chris Cornell's record? Jesus.

    Off of his Twitter.
  • ElectricDemon 16 Mar 2009 01:57:09 2,415 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Heh! Deathgibbon linked me to that, made me laugh.

    I still don't think it's THAT bad!

    On another Chris Cornell-related note, I bought Badmotorfinger the other day, and think it's fucking awesome \o/
  • DUFFMAN5 25 Mar 2009 14:26:41 24,920 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Well. I have listened back to back 4 times now, and while not in the class of SG,TOTD or Audioslave ect, it is still Chris Cornell, and he did write all the lyrics so, I would say if you love his voice then you will put up with Tim Mosley and dj Timmy T (Surely that is also Timbaland, all I can think about is South Park TIIIIMMMMYYYY)
    The album does have a MJ sound about it, especially the lead track/single "Part of me"
    It will join all the other CC related albums on my mp3.
    For the next album, Mr Rick Rubin please Mr Cornell.
  • Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:48:57
    Post deleted
  • DUFFMAN5 12 Dec 2011 09:28:30 24,920 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Just bought "songbook" by CC, which once again confirms he is the greatest rock vocalist of his generation, no one else has the soul, power and "chops" of Cornell, what with this and Soundgarden back it is all coming up Millhouse.
  • Murbs 12 Dec 2011 09:34:21 24,347 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Soundgarden, Nottingham Rock City, 1994 (supported by Tad). Still one of the finest gigs I've been to.
  • DUFFMAN5 17 Dec 2011 05:29:44 24,920 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Just a repost really. If any of you guys love music you must buy/download Chris Cornell "songbook" it is fookin excellent. His voice is topform cica early 1990's

    Along with Buckingham my album of the year.
  • jonsaan 17 Dec 2011 07:21:57 27,031 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ElectricDemon wrote:
    Owen-B wrote:
    He did the vocals on that rather inocuous Casino Royale theme, didn't he?
    Yeah, "You Know My Name".

    I think he has a cool voice, it's a really good general rock voice
    I don't think there is anything particularly general about CC's voice! He is a one off. Some of his output is a bit hit and miss but the man is a vocal powerhouse.
  • DUFFMAN5 17 Dec 2011 07:56:42 24,920 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    ElectricDemon wrote:
    Owen-B wrote:
    He did the vocals on that rather inocuous Casino Royale theme, didn't he?
    Yeah, "You Know My Name".

    I think he has a cool voice, it's a really good general rock voice
    I don't think there is anything particularly general about CC's voice! He is a one off. All of his output is fookin class and the man is a vocal powerhouse.
    jonsaan (with a little correcting) knows his music ;)
  • DUFFMAN5 19 Jan 2017 17:11:06 24,920 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Interesting bit of news on BBC website re anti shows for Trumps big night...

    Rock band Audioslave will play their first concert for 11 years at an Anti-Inaugural Ball in Los Angeles, organised by rock/hip-hop crossover band Prophets of Rage on Friday.

    This could be the start of something ? I love CC and ANYTHING he does so get to it Chris and then a new Soundgarden please.
  • GoatApocalypse 19 Jan 2017 17:42:17 5,851 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Just bought "songbook" by CC, which once again confirms he is the greatest rock vocalist of his generation, no one else has the soul, power and "chops" of Cornell, what with this and Soundgarden back it is all coming up Millhouse.
    Maynard James Keenan is a vastly superior vocalist.
  • DUFFMAN5 19 Jan 2017 18:09:51 24,920 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    GoatApocalypse wrote:
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Just bought "songbook" by CC, which once again confirms he is the greatest rock vocalist of his generation, no one else has the soul, power and "chops" of Cornell, what with this and Soundgarden back it is all coming up Millhouse.
    Maynard James Keenan is a vastly superior vocalist.
    ...ok Goat, so says you that is fine and all, but to my ears, not so.
  • GoatApocalypse 19 Jan 2017 18:21:07 5,851 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fair enough. I can't get on with his voice at all. Sounds nasal and constantly strained to me.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 19 Jan 2017 18:23:15 10,925 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I don't think he's given a really good vocal performance on record since Euphoria Morning. He's got so much more nasal with age too.
  • GoatApocalypse 19 Jan 2017 20:08:04 5,851 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The words "acquired taste" are probably applicable here!
  • pk1980 19 Jan 2017 20:08:39 1,199 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    If you like him acquire some taste ;)
  • FrostPan 19 Jan 2017 20:20:33 1,616 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Probably the most obvious thing to say in regards with Cornell. That Bond song he did was alright.
  • cov 19 Jan 2017 21:44:14 1,969 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    chris cornell ... a lot of man love and a truly fine vocalist... oh and he was out of this world live.

    Soundgarden Manchester international 2 in 1991 was one of the finest and perhaps the loudest gig I have ever been too - and his voice soared over the top - stupendous.

    Will not hear a word said against him and will hunt down anyone who does grrrr
  • Saul_Iscariot 19 Jan 2017 21:51:55 3,168 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If Temple of the Dog tour Europe this year anyone fancy a meet up?
  • jimnastics 19 Jan 2017 22:31:16 1,645 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    From late 80s to 94ish Cornell was untouchable, best rock vocallist on tbe planet. Blew hus voice in 97 I think? Still sounded great on EM just mellow, but I always thought he struggled through Audiislave. He's learnt to control his voice now and sounds great with Soundgarden again. Saw him solo at Royal Albert Hall last year and it was silky smooth perfection. Hopefully they film this Audioslave reunion!
  • JoelStinty 21 Jan 2017 14:51:50 8,080 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah I saw him do the songbook tour a few years back and his voice was sublime. Hunger strike and when I'm down we're amazing.

    Here's footage from the gig last night : http://www.stereogum.com/1920916/watch-audioslave-reunite-at-prophets-of-rages-anti-inaugural-ball/video
  • Salaman 21 Jan 2017 22:59:12 23,686 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    jimnastics wrote:
    From late 80s to 94ish Cornell was untouchable, best rock vocallist on tbe planet. Blew hus voice in 97 I think? Still sounded great on EM just mellow, but I always thought he struggled through Audiislave. He's learnt to control his voice now and sounds great with Soundgarden again. Saw him solo at Royal Albert Hall last year and it was silky smooth perfection. Hopefully they film this Audioslave reunion!
    UGh. He ended up cancelling the Belgian show on that tour. :-(
  • Syrette 21 Jan 2017 23:07:19 50,308 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    JoelStinty wrote:
    Yeah I saw him do the songbook tour a few years back and his voice was sublime. Hunger strike and when I'm down we're amazing.

    Here's footage from the gig last night : http://www.stereogum.com/1920916/watch-audioslave-reunite-at-prophets-of-rages-anti-inaugural-ball/video
    Voice is not fine for the reunion performance though, sadly. He sounds like he's had a few to drink beforehand or is about to fall asleep.

    Luscious hair, mind.

    Edited by Syrette at 23:09:29 21-01-2017
  • DUFFMAN5 18 May 2019 04:20:53 24,920 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Chris Cornell died 2 years ago today :(
    Only CC music today, First up is Right Turn.
  • JoelStinty 18 May 2019 11:36:28 8,080 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Amen to that Duffs. Had Ultramega on earlier, which i have listened to a lot over the last couple of years. Its a wonderful remaster. Just watched the Letterman performance of Beyond the wheel. Force of nature.

    You see they got a live soundgarden dvd etc coming out soon
  • DUFFMAN5 18 May 2019 11:41:28 24,920 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @JoelStinty

    I did mate. :)

    Just had the holly trinity of: Black Rain, Incessant Mace and Loud Love.

    As I reply I have on The Worm, TOTD next
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.