Following Depression Page 244

• Deleted user 28 April 2019 21:28:01
    Post deleted
  • fontgeeksogood 28 Apr 2019 21:45:13 7,427 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I know this sounds trite but take care of the physical is so important. Managing diabetes doesn't have to be difficult, diet is common sense and a bit of dialling it in, and I used to do triathlons with a type I who regularly dropped me. I've seen (and helped) so many lifestyle diabetics get to reversal of their diagnoses, and almost as a side effect, massively helped their mental state
  • Lukus 28 Apr 2019 22:30:14 22,252 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The mood swings from cheese (assuming no other causes) is almost certainly down to how it affects your gut flora. We're on the cusp of getting a proper understanding of just how crucial the bacteria in our bodies is in many areas, from IBDs to depression.

Purely anecdotally, I used to have to take metronidazole, an antibiotic, every so often. Each and every time, within 24 hours it would make me about as depressed as I've ever been, just crushing, deep dark lows. Then within a couple of days of stopping I'd be back to normal.
  • Deleted user 28 April 2019 22:39:14
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 29 April 2019 20:51:11
    No idea why but my MH has deteriorated massively in the last couple of days. Can't eat, knackered but can't sleep. Been getting more exercise than I have done in ages (without nothing too strenuous), and I've been drinking less lately too.

Fucking stupid brain.
  • JamboWayOh 30 Apr 2019 17:59:27 15,589 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hmmm.
  • Addy__ 3 May 2019 20:54:05 1,912 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Meh. Terrible week so far :( can't shake the tiredness and low moods at all. Found out today I have to do a presentation at a big conference in November and it's done my head in so much I think I'm going to hand my notice in, just so I don't have the stress of that on my mind as it looms closer.

I'm off for a week now. Going to center parcs with the family so hopefully clear my head a bit and chill.
  • Frogofdoom 3 May 2019 21:03:43 14,502 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Have a good holiday mate.

Dont even think about work until you get back. You can always find a new job before worrying about putting your notice in. You could also say to them that you just dont feel you can do that presentation.
  • Addy__ 3 May 2019 21:27:58 1,912 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    Have a good holiday mate.

Dont even think about work until you get back. You can always find a new job before worrying about putting your notice in. You could also say to them that you just dont feel you can do that presentation.
    Yeah I think my manager is going to try and get me out of it. Everything seems an issue at the moment. Like I can't do the simplest bau tasks at work. Fuckin hell just need to weather this storm.

Cheers dude. Looking forward to a break. Not had any time off since Xmas really.
  • mrharvest 4 May 2019 11:41:44 5,591 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @Addy__ Hang in there Addy. November is still a fair way off and there's plenty of time to become more grounded.

But sometimes the best option is to change jobs, especially if you've been feeling like it's too tough for a while. I moved country because the circumstances were getting on my tits and it didn't look like it would be getting better.

Of course doing job seeking when you're already feeling overwhelmed can seem intimidating but you can do it like Swahili "pole pole" - slowly slowly. Put aside half an hour here or there to have a look what options you've got in your area and you'll probably sidestep the whole November worry. :)

Hope you have a good holiday mate!
  • elstoof 5 May 2019 23:45:39 24,370 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Think Iím at the lowest point Iíve ever felt in my life
  • thelzdking 6 May 2019 03:52:50 9,633 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @elstoof

What's up? What's going on? Even if you don't want to talk on here just find someone to talk to and get it all out.

Edited by thelzdking at 03:53:21 06-05-2019
  • DUFFMAN5 6 May 2019 06:49:02 25,050 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Think Iím at the lowest point Iíve ever felt in my life
    Not good at all apart from recognising you feel this way. You need to talk with someone asap. Doesn't matter who but articulate why and get help please.
  • Deleted user 6 May 2019 07:54:04
    I am a positive person from day 1. But I feel depressed, and I think it is not a personal problem.

Edited by LifeIsStrange at 07:54:21 06-05-2019
  • Deleted user 6 May 2019 07:55:31
    This world is poisoned with individualism. And it makes me sick.
  • Addy__ 13 May 2019 00:18:50 1,912 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Well back from a pretty stressful time in Center Parcs with the girls being upset and extremely hard work and the wife having a go constantly at me and trying to belittle me Infront of her mum. We had a big row in the car on the way back and I think we are talking about a split.

I'm getting referred for ASD testing as well. Heads a mess and I've basically had enough now.

Edited by Addy__ at 00:19:41 13-05-2019
  • ChiefGB 13 May 2019 00:46:50 11,625 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just popped in here....

Hang in there, does your wife know the work stress youíve been feeling? You guys have a fair bit to cope with, I donít know all of your home situation but enough to know that your daughters need a fair amount of support from you both. Is there a way to find some time for just the two of you, maybe a weekend break or such.
    I imagine You put a lot of energy into your family and sometimes you need come away for just a short while.
  • DaM 13 May 2019 13:03:37 17,394 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @FussyDuck Sorry, bit late to this, but have you got a Libre/Dexcom? It makes T1 a piece of piss.

I've been off the bike due to laziness, but am back commuting again.
    I've also started hill walking recently. With the Libre, I've learned that my BS shoots up when I get out of bed. So I normally take insulin to cover that (no breakfast).

When hillwalking, I don't do that, let it rise, then see it plummet after an hour or so. I can see this happening real time, on my watch, and can set alarms too. I've not had a serious hypo since I started on them, 3 years ago.
  • KD 26 May 2019 12:28:16 2,199 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Had a referral off GP in Feb and only this week found out it been turned down as I apparently binge drink, I'm lucky to drink 5 or 6 pints of Coors Light a month, got to be a very short period of time from 5 or so years ago before I found the right medication and didnt need to be drunk to sleep tidy.

Hope you services in England aint as fucked and drainned of cash like here in Wales, I've seen the drop since the financial crisis and shit just gets worse and worse since.
  • erasr 26 May 2019 18:02:09 359 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Addy__ Two years ago I split up with my girlfriend of 8 years. At the time our daughter was 9 months old.

It was a very up and down relationship. The highs were high and lows...low. I genuinely think gaming played a part as I played every night from about 9pm. I lost focus on what was important.

When you have something so close, sometimes you only realise what you had when itís gone. At the time, I was thinking about splitting up with her or at least thinking how depressing it was knowing my entire life would be with her.

Biggest and stupidest mistake of my life. Obviously I no longer have that magical family thing going on and looking back, I could quite easily have been happy with her all my life.

Itís all about compromise and probably a lot more so on the blokes side.

My advice is to take a step back. Stop everything else. Totally focus on the wife. Change everything if you need to. Imagine a world where you donít see them every week, let alone every day
  • TechnoHippy 27 May 2019 12:14:51 15,532 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    My experience with the mental health team has been pretty poor - primary care was ok, but support teams were way overstretched and as I don't have a family I'm not a priority.

For the most part I've maintained an even keel, but goy myself into a bad state last night and ended up stabbing myself in the stomach with a scalpel - only a minor wound though so not tood bad.
  • Psiloc 27 May 2019 21:54:48 5,208 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @TechnoHippy I haven't been following your story but I hope you mention this to someone IRL if nobody's aware of this going on
  • TechnoHippy 28 May 2019 08:02:16 15,532 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Psiloc I've not seen a doctor for about a year for my mental health, but will be trying to make an appointment this week.
  • prettyvacant 28 May 2019 13:54:58 275 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    There is a new service that I think is being funded by some of the royals charities called Shout.
    It's an anonymous text service on 85258 , have a look at the site and please talk to someone .

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.