Depression Page 245

• TechnoHippy 28 May 2019 15:15:24 15,038 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Managed to get an appointment today, so now on some meds, with more tests next week.
  • TechnoHippy 28 May 2019 17:51:24 15,038 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I've been on them before and they do dull the feelings, but in my case that's not a bad thing, and hopefully they'll help me sleep a bit.
  • Addy__ 28 May 2019 18:24:02 740 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    Managed to get an appointment today, so now on some meds, with more tests next week.
    Hope you get sorted bud. I feel like I'm on a spiral downwards I can't control. Like I've broken something in my mind and can't fix it.
  • DrStrangelove 28 May 2019 18:28:40 14,115 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SonShine wrote:
    I've found anti depressants life saving tbh. They dull the hell out of emotions, good and bad, but sometimes emotions really do need to be dulled.
    Some do, but different meds have different effects. Not all dull you out.
  • TechnoHippy 28 May 2019 18:35:30 15,038 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Addy__ Are you getting any help?
  • Addy__ 28 May 2019 18:48:08 740 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    @Addy__ Are you getting any help?
    On waiting lists for CBT and Counselling. 12 and 20 weeks wait time.
  • TechnoHippy 29 May 2019 08:22:56 15,038 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Addy__ I hope it all goes well!
  • Darth_Flibble 30 May 2019 08:14:50 3,429 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Went to see the doctor yesterday and he prescribed some anti depressants as been through a crappy time and just feel like shit, worry (lack of sleep does not help) since getting made redundant from my job in feb. Not keen on taking them but hopefully I will get back to my old self. I know if I get a full time job I will get better

Unfortunately the job market is bad at the minute for graphic designers and its a lot of junior roles aimed at people just graduated
  • TechnoHippy 30 May 2019 11:20:52 15,038 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Darth_Flibble They can take a little while to start working, but don't be afraid to let the doctor know if they don't improve your mood as they come in different types.
  • Darth_Flibble 30 May 2019 11:34:34 3,429 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @TechnoHippy

Thanks, the doctor said to see him again if I have any problems or concerns
  • CrispyXUKTurbo 31 May 2019 23:27:00 1,887 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Think I’m gonna have to go back to the doctors again for the “sleeping” pills. Dealing with my mums Alzheimers is killing my sleep and making me an unhappy bunny again
  • Addy__ 4 Jun 2019 19:41:11 740 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    Hope everyone is doing ok :) I've got my first appointment for CBT tomorrow so hopefully that will help. I've recently discovered (through stopping) that I've got myself hooked on codeine. I've been taking it for around 7 years for kidney pains but over the past year I've just necked more and more just because the buzz lightens my mood and takes my mind off the stresses I'm currently going through.

Anyway as I'm trying to physically and mentally sort myself out I decided to stop the co codamol and have had awful withdrawals so far. I spoke to someone I know has gone through an opiate addiction and I'm experiencing all the telltale symptoms. Ok so onwards and upwards. I just need to ride this out and cross that off my "improve wellbeing" checklist. I'm back at the gym and eating better again so I feel i'm making steps in the right direction.

If I've come across a bit of a twat in any threads I apologise now and in advance. Tough times.
  • quadfather 4 Jun 2019 19:44:47 34,489 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Addy__

Hang in there boss
  • Frogofdoom 4 Jun 2019 19:47:13 13,262 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Glad to hear that you have CBT coming mate.

As for the codeine addiction, dont be scared to visit a local group of you are finding things tough mate, there is so much support if you cant kick it by yourself.
  • JamboWayOh 4 Jun 2019 19:53:32 13,225 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Addy__

We're with you man. All the way. Good luck.
  • fontgeeksogood 4 Jun 2019 19:55:18 6,084 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Hopefully the cock and ball torture will take your mind off the codeine x
  • Addy__ 4 Jun 2019 19:57:13 740 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    Nah I've been addicted to getting kicked in the stones for as long as I can remember. No way I'm weaning myself off that.
  • JamboWayOh 4 Jun 2019 20:16:02 13,225 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    You forgot to rev your bike!
  • fontgeeksogood 4 Jun 2019 21:00:39 6,084 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Ach fucks sake
  • CrispyXUKTurbo 7 Jun 2019 02:55:05 1,887 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So I wanna get back on the sleep pills but mum has started wandering evenings, anyone know how easy it is to wake up if needed?
  • GuybrushFreepwood 7 Jun 2019 04:56:52 956 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    @CrispyXUKTurbo depends on the type. Some just about put you in a coma. Last time I “had” to get up in the middle of the night while on them, I was like a drunk. It was very unpleasant and I’d have been no use trying to help someone else. These were zopiclone.

Everyone reacts differently to pills. I know I couldn’t keep an eye on someone while on them though. Certainly not at the start or in the middle of the night.
  • DUFFMAN5 7 Jun 2019 06:34:13 24,547 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Addy__ wrote:
    Hope everyone is doing ok :) I've got my first appointment for CBT tomorrow so hopefully that will help. I've recently discovered (through stopping) that I've got myself hooked on codeine. I've been taking it for around 7 years for kidney pains but over the past year I've just necked more and more just because the buzz lightens my mood and takes my mind off the stresses I'm currently going through.

Anyway as I'm trying to physically and mentally sort myself out I decided to stop the co codamol and have had awful withdrawals so far. I spoke to someone I know has gone through an opiate addiction and I'm experiencing all the telltale symptoms. Ok so onwards and upwards. I just need to ride this out and cross that off my "improve wellbeing" checklist. I'm back at the gym and eating better again so I feel i'm making steps in the right direction.

If I've come across a bit of a twat in any threads I apologise now and in advance. Tough times.
    Morning mate
    How did you get on ?
  • TechnoHippy 7 Jun 2019 08:29:06 15,038 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Addy__ I've been recommended for CBT so I'd be interested in hearing whether it helps you or not. Good luck with it!
  • Addy__ 7 Jun 2019 13:42:25 740 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Addy__ wrote:

Morning mate
    How did you get on ?
    Hi mate. Yeah it went ok I guess. First session was very much information gathering on her behalf. Detailing down what causes my anxiety and how my body reacts etc. The opiate addiction obviously hasn't helped so I'm day 5 without now and the restless legs are driving me Insane :(

She is going to work on a plan and i've another session booked in 2 weeks.
  • JamboWayOh 7 Jun 2019 13:52:47 13,225 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Addy__

Have faith mate, I promise it does get better. I can only speak from my own experience of having CBT last year due to my depression from cancer, but it was revelatory and took me to events and feelings throughout my life that I had repressed and had never vocalised. I definitely feel all the better for it and have almost got back to the Jambo I used to be but with added experience points.
  • Addy__ 7 Jun 2019 19:27:38 740 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    @JamboWayOh

Cheers matey. Yeah hopefully something good will come from it :)
  • Frogofdoom 7 Jun 2019 19:34:25 13,262 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Plenty of us in a similar boat to you Addy, you are just brave enough to vocalise it and try and fix it. The fact that you are doing so means it will get better :).
  • Trowel 7 Jun 2019 19:43:19 22,539 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    CBT is a great place to start. I did it as group sessions (which were usually pretty miserable to be honest), and found bits of it really useful, other bits not useful, and some just common sense. I found it best to treat it like a toolkit and use the bits that gave me immediate help through small changes, rather than think I needed to change my whole outlook. I'm sure it's different for everyone, but I would think anyone on a CBT course will find at least a small part helpful.
  • GuybrushFreepwood 7 Jun 2019 21:25:41 956 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    +1 for cbt. Helped me a huge amount (well, trans diagnostic treatment which is cbt based).

By the way, magnesium supplements can help with restless leg. It helps me a lot.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.