PC World - Shitty Ads, Shitty Staff, Shitty Shitty Page 3

Next Last
  • iancognito 10 Oct 2014 13:11:11 2,476 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    I used to work there when I was a student as well and thinking back it was so fucking dodgy it's a wonder they are still in business.

As an example in our store we were always told to add PPI to all credit agreements and only remove it if the customer queried it. The interest on those agreements was also something crazy like 28%.
    The credit agreement training was pretty poor considering how risk an area it is now. When I was there the 28% APR was an option where you could pay it off within an interest free period. There was a credit option of about 8% (reasonable rate at the time) if you definitely wanted the credit. I'd make a big point of explaining the difference but I imagine most people wouldn't.

We were told the form was arranged to get people saying Yes to everything, which included PPI but there wasn't a push to tick it and sort it out if asked.
  • convercide 10 Oct 2014 13:35:45 6,434 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Rhaegyr Yeah, I left just as that started too. The staff were great but as you say, the sales roles are pushed too hard to achieve unrealistic targets.
  • convercide 10 Oct 2014 13:38:02 6,434 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @iancognito Yeah that's it. It's like the CEO watched Derren Brown and thought NLP could be used on everyone who walks into a store.
  • iancognito 10 Oct 2014 14:20:01 2,476 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It might be a step up from when I worked there, when there were six steps in the process, one of which featured six specific questions. Perhaps it was a bit complicated. I worked at a newly opened shop so they spent two full-time weeks(!) instructing us in the technique. They had easy to remember acronyms that didn't really work, and spent ages trying to get someone to say exactly the right word on the training script.
  • Rhaegyr 10 Oct 2014 14:40:53 5,310 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    As an example in our store we were always told to add PPI to all credit agreements and only remove it if the customer queried it.
    This brings back memories :D Hopefully a few of the people who took this received some compensation in the big PPI brewhaha. I also worked there whilst a student in Leeds - started as a Christmas temp and they asked me to stay on due to knowing a bit about HDTV's back when they were becoming mass market. The store I worked at is closed now though - if I'm honest I'm a little gutted as I always liked popping in when I was visiting Leeds and knowing I'd never have to work there again :D
  • Blurp 9 Dec 2016 17:18:01 1,447 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Shitty service. I bought something on Saturday for click and collect and I've still not received confirmation that it has been delivered. I went down to the shop on Tuesday and the sales assistant told me that the courier dispatched the product on Sunday but it has still not arrived yet. I apparently have to wait for the confirmation email. Six days later, nothing. Tried phoning them and couldn't get through. Sent them an email three days ago, no reply. I can't track my order online because I bought it as a guest and didn't register an account. Poor.

The worst part is it's the CPU cooler for my PC that is needed to use said PC. It's just sitting there, already built, taunting me. Fuck you PC world.
  • Deleted user 9 December 2016 17:26:26
    They're as bad as CEX and they don't even have Amy.
  • Blurp 9 Dec 2016 17:35:50 1,447 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Last time I ever buy from them, that's for sure.
  • Deleted user 9 December 2016 17:46:27
    Are you a Jiggabboo user Blurp
  • Blurp 9 Dec 2016 17:50:45 1,447 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah nigga.
  • Deleted user 9 December 2016 17:55:11
    There's your problem then. Amy sent word
  • nickthegun 9 Dec 2016 18:10:36 84,540 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Was every other tech retailer in the known universe out of fans that day?
  • Lukus 9 Dec 2016 18:16:03 24,000 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I bought a tablet from PC World recently, which, after 20 minutes of use I realised wasn't suitable.
    I tried to bring it back, only to then be told that because I'd switched it on I couldn't return it.
    I pointed out that this might have been useful information to provide at the point of purchase, particularly when making payment had been a 40 minute long ordeal where I repeatedly had to tell the salesman that I didn't want any additional software or cover as he stumbled through the paperwork, as if I was taking out a mortgage, before I could even provide my card details and get the hell out of that antiquated shithole.
    The only reason I bought it there was cos of a Love to Shop voucher.
    The sooner that place goes bust the better.
  • Deleted user 9 December 2016 18:45:02
    I bought a tablet from Amy in CEX. I don't remember much more about the night but I woke up in a skip wearing nothing but her vest.
  • Blurp 9 Dec 2016 19:21:08 1,447 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    How clean was the vest?
  • Deleted user 9 December 2016 19:23:33
    Not very. It was covered in the remains of a full English and sweat because she gets very hot, even on cold days.
  • Deleted user 9 December 2016 19:24:45
    DukeSilver wrote:
    the remains of a full English
    were there sausages involved in this roll
  • Deleted user 9 December 2016 19:29:16
    She loves it. You can tell from her tattoos. Things got a little awkward when we went for a curry but otherwise it was a great evening.
  • Next Last
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.