Following The 4am thread Page 60

  • b-rk 26 Feb 2019 04:36:23 926 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I'm here, just about. Play Anthem, oh wait, you can't, the server is about to shut down (again).

    /grumbles
  • DUFFMAN5 26 Feb 2019 05:17:49 24,547 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @b-rk
    Morning mate
  • GuybrushFreepwood 26 Feb 2019 10:27:30 956 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    I was awake at 4am too (which I have been every morning the last week or so), but I'm trying to avoid picking up my phone when it happens.

    Had an all clear on a scan this morning for something scary, so I am hoping I will sleep tonight.
  • Jono62 27 Feb 2019 03:28:53 22,252 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Can't sleep. Really tired. Watched a few episodes of Only Connect which seems to have made me sleepy so hopefully I'll be able to sleep.
  • ChiefGB 27 Feb 2019 03:57:52 10,704 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Iím at work whilst having some new hardware installed overnight. Fun times.......managed to watch the oldboy remake thatís been on my Netflix queue for a while. Iíve never seen the original or this one. Was alright I guess, I know the original is supposed to be better but not sure if the story is worth the effort for a second time. Iím Really starting to lag a bit now though, been up since about 5:30 yesterday morning.
  • DUFFMAN5 27 Feb 2019 04:11:15 24,547 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @ChiefGB
    Morning mate
    What time you finishing work then ?
  • Dougs 27 Feb 2019 04:59:49 89,219 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Morning gents. Hospital wards are noisy bastards. Managed 2 hours between 2.30-4.30am but that's it. Foolishly I brought headphones with me, not earphones which means I can only sleep on my back. Which I can't really do because it hurts my back. Can't wait to get home to my own bed!
  • ChiefGB 27 Feb 2019 05:53:18 10,704 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 6am, 10-6am shift done.
  • ChiefGB 27 Feb 2019 05:54:12 10,704 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Dougs yep the worst places to sleep. Usually when you need all the rest you can get.
  • GuybrushFreepwood 7 Mar 2019 12:08:33 956 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Still waking up most nights between 3 and 4. Mostly it is due to work stress, sometimes due to a cat which wants the bit of the bed that I'm currently sleeping in. Meditation "usually" gets me back off, but the odd night (like last night), my mind won't shut down. I'm trying acupuncture to help.

    Bit tired today. Needless to say the issue I was worrying about last night at 1 am I was able to sort within an hour of getting into work and (nearly) everyone thought I was great. I'd been dreading it. I'm tired now though.
  • Blakester 7 Mar 2019 12:40:50 4,729 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    GuybrushFreepwood wrote:
    Still waking up most nights between 3 and 4. Mostly it is due to work stress, sometimes due to a cat which wants the bit of the bed that I'm currently sleeping in. Meditation "usually" gets me back off, but the odd night (like last night), my mind won't shut down. I'm trying acupuncture to help.

    Bit tired today. Needless to say the issue I was worrying about last night at 1 am I was able to sort within an hour of getting into work and (nearly) everyone thought I was great. I'd been dreading it. I'm tired now though.
    I feel your pain.

    I've been waking regularly at 3am for the last two weeks and struggling to get back off. 100% work stress related and nothing I'm trying seems to help me get my 8 hours.

    Feeling like a zombie every day and struggling to concentrate is not making me a happy camper.
  • GuybrushFreepwood 18 May 2019 04:57:49 956 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Bloody annoying cats wanting feeding because itís dawn...
  • DUFFMAN5 18 May 2019 05:02:46 24,547 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @GuybrushFreepwood

    Morning mate, I have been up since 3am...where were you cats then ;)
  • GuybrushFreepwood 18 May 2019 08:35:22 956 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    @DUFFMAN5 they actually woke me at 3:50 something. I spent the intervening hour twatting about on the internet, checking emails and wondering if it should take Audibleís deal of the day.... as you do.

    After my above post, I then lay in bed while my mind went through a greatest hits of ďopportunities Iíd missed over the last 40+ years and selected screw upsĒ. Mindfulness got it to stfu in the end.

    So Iím tired now.
  • adamasunder12 18 May 2019 09:58:16 210 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    I've been up at 3 ish for weeks now. I wake up at least 3 times a night due to lithium dehydration.

    The irony is that sleep is essential for Bipolar sufferers yet the meds I'm on promote sleeplessness.

    Frustrating as I was bored all day yesterday and today I have to cook normal service on a new section and then cater for a wedding.

    This gonna be hard and I'm undoubtedly going to be a difficult bastard due to lack of sleep. Meh
  • DUFFMAN5 18 May 2019 10:00:56 24,547 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @adamasunder12
    Not good mate, just take each hour as it comes. Al the best.
  • adamasunder12 18 May 2019 10:07:22 210 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    @DUFFMAN5 Thanks mate, it seems churlish to moan when you have had to deal with extreme autism for over a decade. (And now that sounds reductive but I hope you get my meaning).

    All I can say is that if I were Bipolar and had a son with the issues James has then I reckon I'd be dead. Do you still go to the gym a lot? I find that helps no end in terms of decompression. Plus you start looking much better too!

    I hope James as he grows finds coping mechanisms and close friends that help him through, life can be incredibly isolating when you are bit different.
  • crashVoodoo 19 May 2019 04:40:19 6,267 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Awake at 2. At airport.

    Yawn
  • DUFFMAN5 19 May 2019 05:46:03 24,547 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @crashVoodoo
    Happy Holidays ???
  • DUFFMAN5 19 May 2019 05:53:25 24,547 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    adamasunder12 wrote:
    @DUFFMAN5 Thanks mate, it seems churlish to moan when you have had to deal with extreme autism for over a decade. (And now that sounds reductive but I hope you get my meaning).

    All I can say is that if I were Bipolar and had a son with the issues James has then I reckon I'd be dead. Do you still go to the gym a lot? I find that helps no end in terms of decompression. Plus you start looking much better too!

    I hope James as he grows finds coping mechanisms and close friends that help him through, life can be incredibly isolating when you are bit different.
    Hi mate
    Nothing churlish at all. I hope your day went ok. Day off today ?
    Re the Gym, alas no. I train so rarely now. I just do not have the enthusiasm, energy or desire. Which is hard to admit but it is true. Shame as I was a Gym instructor and trained (bodybuilder) from 18- early thirties with 100% commitment. I was never huge (13 stone approx) but I did look good and feel great...15.6stone now and I do not look great...!

    I also have the devil of depression mate, so know what you are saying on that front.

    Take it easy and enjoy your Gym time. Don't forget aerobic and anaerobic training for best results.

    Oh Yeah! ;)
  • THFourteen 19 May 2019 09:45:39 51,988 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Say No to CardiO
  • Mola_Ram 19 May 2019 09:54:03 20,113 posts
    Seen 53 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cardio is the fucking best.
  • DUFFMAN5 19 May 2019 09:57:43 24,547 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Say No to CardiO
    :)
    When I started weights I was 67 kgs at 5ft 11. To me cardio was walking from one weight rack to another ;)
    ...couldn't afford to lose any calories!

    That was 1990/91 though, my first Gym had no cardio equipment at all..that was for girls ;)

    Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 11:44:59 19-05-2019
  • crashVoodoo 19 May 2019 11:05:47 6,267 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    @crashVoodoo
    Happy Holidays ???
    Yup, first in 2 years cos of OH paramedic course.
    Kids can't wait.
  • DUFFMAN5 19 May 2019 11:44:32 24,547 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @crashVoodoo
    Where you off then, don't keep us in suspenders man ;)
    Hope you all have a great and fun time.
  • elstoof 19 May 2019 12:08:25 23,212 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Thought this was the comeback year Duff
  • DUFFMAN5 19 May 2019 12:20:09 24,547 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Thought this was the comeback year Duff
    So did I mate, started positive for a couple of weeks...nada since really, not with diet or Gym.
  • elstoof 19 May 2019 13:08:01 23,212 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Ah well thereís no point forcing it if you arenít feeling it
  • adamasunder12 19 May 2019 17:57:43 210 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    adamasunder12 wrote:
    @DUFFMAN5 Thanks mate, it seems churlish to moan when you have had to deal with extreme autism for over a decade. (And now that sounds reductive but I hope you get my meaning).

    All I can say is that if I were Bipolar and had a son with the issues James has then I reckon I'd be dead. Do you still go to the gym a lot? I find that helps no end in terms of decompression. Plus you start looking much better too!

    I hope James as he grows finds coping mechanisms and close friends that help him through, life can be incredibly isolating when you are bit different.
    Hi mate
    Nothing churlish at all. I hope your day went ok. Day off today ?
    Re the Gym, alas no. I train so rarely now. I just do not have the enthusiasm, energy or desire. Which is hard to admit but it is true. Shame as I was a Gym instructor and trained (bodybuilder) from 18- early thirties with 100% commitment. I was never huge (13 stone approx) but I did look good and feel great...15.6stone now and I do not look great...!

    I also have the devil of depression mate, so know what you are saying on that front.

    Take it easy and enjoy your Gym time. Don't forget aerobic and anaerobic training for best results.

    Oh Yeah! ;)
    Na, work again today and same up 3 times in the night.

    Shame about gym but you sound like you've been a hero for a along time. Some workout will help with depression but you know this already!

    Going back to 4/5 times a week from this week coming now I have some money coming in. It's been only 1 or 2 for the last couple of weeks and I'm worried about losing my gains from the last year!

    I don't do a lot of cardio apart from the half hour walk each way to gym and 2km run to warm up. Lifting as cardio!
  • DUFFMAN5 19 May 2019 18:08:20 24,547 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @adamasunder12
    I will pm you today/tomorrow re some good routines :)

    I will not delete, as that offer of a pm shows how much I have taken our brilliant but now dead system for granted :(

    Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 18:09:16 19-05-2019
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.