Registered 2 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    brokenkey wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    brokenkey wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    Methinks thou doest protest too much
    I didnít say I am not on a sex tour. Just that I am annoyed people assume I am...
    Also, not the first time you've been there. How many sex tours is it up to now?
    First time Myanmar. But 6th time Asia in 26 months.

Honestly, it is the most welcoming place I have ever been. Crippling issues in uk disappear when I am here. Hell in uk I take inhaler every day, here I forget it in the hotel and donít even notice for two days.
    You're British, aren't you? We call it Burma.
    Missed this.

They really don't like Burma over there. They tolerate the name, but it does rankle and the preferred name is Myanmar. It is similar to calling the UK England, Burmese are a portion of the population, not the whole.

So it was explained to me by my friends who live out there.
    Also I didn't think Ryan was British.
  • JamboWayOh 28 Mar 2019 15:36:20 13,615 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I believe Ryan is 'Surf Afrikan' mate.
  • fontgeeksogood 28 Mar 2019 18:43:27 6,239 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Post deleted
  • Mola_Ram 28 Mar 2019 23:07:12 20,403 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thread fix
  • Tonka 29 Mar 2019 06:44:19 29,587 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    What do the Rohingyas prefer?
  • drhickman1983 2 Apr 2019 07:33:49 5,922 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Looking for flats is annoying. I doubt I can afford anything in this over-rated and over-priced city anyway, but 75% of the search results for 1 bed flats end up being for "single room in 5-bed flat". Fuck off, I want a place of my own, not with some other cunts.
  • challenge_hanukkah 2 Apr 2019 07:36:49 10,903 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Finally had enough of the housemates?

I'd fucking kill to live on my own again. The sublime pleasure if getting in from work and there being no annoying cunt there boring you with the minutiae of their tedious day.
  • thelzdking 2 Apr 2019 07:54:38 9,409 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    drhickman1983 wrote:
    Looking for flats is annoying. I doubt I can afford anything in this over-rated and over-priced city anyway, but 75% of the search results for 1 bed flats end up being for "single room in 5-bed flat". Fuck off, I want a place of my own, not with some other cunts.
    Fucking hell yes.
  • septimus 2 Apr 2019 08:36:35 13 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Anyone tried Elder Scrolls Blades yet? What in the mother fuck were they thinking!? Designed by accountants. Loot boxes, timers, always connect required on that kick you out of the game as soon as signal drops.

I like mobile gaming in general, but this shit makes me hate it when they take a good name and ruin it for morons who think IAP is Ďgudí.

Apple Arcade I hope takes off. This sucks.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 2 Apr 2019 09:19:50 5,971 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I did the housemates thing for a while when I started my first proper job. First time was with a group of four others I'd been friends with as an undergrad - nice, big shared house in a reasonable area. First six months were great, but then it started to sour. We all started annoying the shit out of each other and by the 18 month point, we'd had enough of the rows and drama and all went our separate ways. We all patched it up over the couple of years that followed and get along well again now.

The second was a total disaster. Moved in with a couple of other people I knew from work, to a reasonable-ish but over-priced 3 bed flat. Signed up for a minimum 12 month lease, but one of them was wanting to move out to live with his girlfriend after just a couple of months. The other guy was moving out of his parents' home for the first time (in his mid 20s, but had gone to uni near home and never moved out), had badly miscalculated his budget (not used to paying for utilities etc) and just had no idea how to do the whole "independent living" thing. Plus his mother was weird and religious and used to wake us up every Sunday morning by hammering the doorbell before 8AM to make sure he was up and dressed for mass.

Ended up spending the last three months of that until we were out of the lease paying two and a half peoples' share of the rent (girlfriend-guy had fucked off, while mummy's boy couldnt afford his share), living off supermarket own-brand pot noodles and vowing never to have housemates again.
  • Mola_Ram 2 Apr 2019 09:29:33 20,403 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've just moved out of a house that I shared with 5 other people, 2 dogs and 2 cats. I managed it for more than 2 years, but I'm absolutely over it now. I liked my housemates, but I just couldn't deal with the shared kitchen, living spaces, the constant chores, having to find a time to do and hang out your washing, the overflowing recycle bin, everything.

I don't know if I'll share in the future, but if I do it's going to be 1-2 other people at the most.
  • Technoishmatt 2 Apr 2019 09:43:28 3,437 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I am lucky to have moved in with my gf towards end of uni and then haven't looked back, 13 years later. And even before that, I was living in a uni friends parents flat, which after he finished uni and was too lazy to find more tenants was just me in a 4 bedroom flat.

Although we do have a lodger now, which is a real pain. Wakes up early in the morning, cries when we don't get him his milk :)
  • askew 2 Apr 2019 10:19:16 19,302 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Baby or cat?
  • Technoishmatt 2 Apr 2019 10:38:55 3,437 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Baby, 1 year today.
  • askew 2 Apr 2019 11:06:53 19,302 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Aww ^_^ Happy birthday!
  • JamboWayOh 2 Apr 2019 12:39:53 13,615 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Happy birthday, Techno baby!
  • DrStrangelove 13 Apr 2019 23:28:10 14,258 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So recently got my Moto G6 and yeah it's pretty good but there's one thing I hate about it. Glass hardware. My previous phone was a Moto G4 which was made of plastic. I already miss that.

An all-glass phone looks nice until anyone touches it so it's quickly full of ugly fingerprints. It's got only--ONLY--disadvantages. It's more expensive. More fragile. More prone to fingerprints. Heavier. Less grippy. I appreciate if something looks nice but not if that makes it worse. There is literally no advantage to this glass shit. It's bad in every conceivable way.

So it's got this nice deep indigo whatever colour. Looks nice on its own without fingerprints. But that doesn't matter because if you don't want it to shatter in a thousand pieces the first time it falls down you need some plastic cover. They obviously knew that because it comes with a plastic cover. It's transparent so you can still admire its beautiful finish except you can't because it's ugly as fuck and also prone to fingerprints. The only solution is to get a black plastic/silicone/whatever cover that fixes all this. Well done. You've made a fancy glass phone and you'll have to hide it behind some black rubber to fix it.

And don't get me started about metal shit like aluminium. Slippery, sweaty, easily dented, it gets hot... and it's heavy of course and expensive. Jesus, stop making this rubbish, just be sensible and use polycarbonate or whatever. I can't stand them making things shittier only because it looks nicer before anyone touches it.
  • KRadiation 14 Apr 2019 09:17:33 1,432 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    woman at work keeps attempting to finish my sentences for me as I talk to her... but keeps guessing wrongly so ends up blurting out the wrong words. its driving me fucking bananas..... or "up the wall" as she would have guessed I was going to say.
  • monkman76 14 Apr 2019 09:20:26 14,811 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah that's infuriating. I'm not that fucking predictable you twat!
  • Frogofdoom 14 Apr 2019 09:23:08 13,426 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @DrStrangelove I had one of those, dropped it from a couple of feet and it cracked from corner to corner. The gorilla glass on it is shit, make sure you get a decent case as mine had a cheap one and it didn't help. Have a spigen on my new phone and it's great.

They also charge a shit load to replace the screen.
  • DrStrangelove 14 Apr 2019 10:01:02 14,258 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Frogofdoom thanks for the tip, I'll get one of those.
  • Load_2.0 14 Apr 2019 14:08:40 29,505 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    KRadiation wrote:
    woman at work keeps attempting to finish my sentences for me as I talk to her... but keeps guessing wrongly so ends up blurting out the wrong words. its driving me fucking bananas..... or "up the wall" as she would have guessed I was going to say.
    Have you tried mustard around the anus?
  • fontgeeksogood 14 Apr 2019 14:13:57 6,239 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    KRadiation wrote:
    Have you tried mustard
    Around the anus
  • thelzdking 14 May 2019 01:07:10 9,409 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Why is it that people who make appeals to 'common sense' are often dimwits who can't see past the end of their own nose?
  • challenge_hanukkah 14 May 2019 07:36:45 10,903 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    Why is it that people who make appeals to 'common sense' are often dimwits who can't see past the end of their own nose?
    Not enough sterilisation knocking about in my view.
  • thelzdking 15 May 2019 10:06:32 9,409 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Damn right CH.

On another note, I wish that they hadn't taken all of the good stuff out of cold medicines. I'd love a pseudoephedrine- and codiene-packed pill right now.
  • sirtacos 15 May 2019 13:19:16 8,135 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    Damn right CH.

On another note, I wish that they hadn't taken all of the good stuff out of cold medicines. I'd love a pseudoephedrine- and codiene-packed pill right now.
    You can still get a good buzz off DXM-only cough syrup but that's closer to a full-on psychedelic ketamine trip than a comforting opiate hug
  • thelzdking 15 May 2019 20:44:23 9,409 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    sirtacos wrote:
    thelzdking wrote:
    Damn right CH.

You can still get a good buzz off DXM-only cough syrup but that's closer to a full-on psychedelic ketamine trip than a comforting opiate hug
    That hug is what I need. The pills I've got mock me by having "no codiene" emblazoned on the box like it's a good thing.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.