Random rants that don't warrant their own threads Page 481

Next Last
  • anephric 1 Oct 2019 10:40:42 3,426 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    They set up swim lanes. They're absolutely vital.
  • Psychotext 1 Oct 2019 12:02:27 65,637 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    True, you don't want to get accidentally kicked in the head.
  • anephric 1 Oct 2019 12:39:04 3,426 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've tried to blag my way into a PM job a few times at mine because it's a grade bump and they seem to do fuck all other than palm off amp forms for me to sign off on.
  • Psiloc 1 Oct 2019 16:48:55 5,197 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    In fairness, the stress of the job is clearly that if anything goes wrong, it's your ass. You therefore have to micromanage the shit out of everything to make sure you're covered.

What nobody seems to have figured out is that this means the job literally only exists so it can justify itself.
  • Darth_Flibble 8 Oct 2019 11:06:30 3,625 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Cunts who just recline their seat right back on a plane, was flying from Singapore to Heathrow on Saturday/sunday. Unfortunately in front was this jabba the hut (who was sitting in the 1st row, so had loads of leg room) would just flop down back into the chair and the chair would shake then would just push the chair back violently. The woman next to me even commented that it was annoying her. after a while I got up and told her can she stop. But even when the shit inflight meal come along she refused to move her seat upright until the stewardess made her do it. You fucking Aussie sheila bint, I ended up just kicking the back of her chair every time she shook the entire plane

Also fuck Singapore airlines at Singapore for asking for £750 to upgrade to premium economy! The stewardess are great but fuck the ground staff
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 8 Oct 2019 11:37:37 6,533 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Darth_Flibble A lot of airlines are starting to phase out reclining seats in economy. You won't see dramatic change overnight, as the cycle by which airlines replace or refurbish aircraft is pretty slow, but a majority of them now accept that it's the way to go. Removing reclining seats cuts down on air-rage incidents, which are very expensive if the aircraft has to turn back or divert (and also do reputational damage). In addition, the number of must-recline die-hards is pretty small, but they really are fanatical on the issue, so the thinking goes that it will be easier to flog them upgrades to premium-economy.

I've always wondered why people who would never think of being such cunts elsewhere decide that they can do whatever the fuck they want with their seat on a plane. Guessing it's part of the same "fuck you, I'm on holiday" mentality that sees people pissed and lairy in airport pubs at 8AM.
  • macmurphy 8 Oct 2019 12:14:04 3,987 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Darth_Flibble

Iím a bit on Jabbaís side here. Itís her chair, itís her space to recline it.

Now donít get me wrong, Iíd always try and check behind me and lower my seat slowly. If someone asked me to raise it during a meal I would.

But I was once on a really long flight and there were a couple of lanky fucks behind me and they wanted me to keep my seat up the whole journey. Itís not my fault youíre too much of a cunt to sort legroom out for yourself. Had a really uncomfortable sleep - the head lolling neck muscle tearer youíd expect. Meant I was dangling at the other end and had to have an early night on what was the first day of my holiday.

Everything including the table works fine with the seat down. Iím going to be considerate in the way I lower it, but after that you can suck a bag of dicks.
  • Psychotext 8 Oct 2019 12:19:28 65,637 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I have to agree to be honest, if the chair reclines, then I'd expect someone to recline it on a long haul flight. That said, I'll always check behind me before doing so.

If you do it on a short haul flight you're a cunt though.
  • Darth_Flibble 8 Oct 2019 12:34:35 3,625 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I have no problem if someone whats to recline the seat but as macmurphy said check behind and lower the seat slowly. Also don't do after you just finished stuffing your face with the airline meal gruel because someone behind will still have their tray. This utter cunt would just flop into the seat (and it would shake) and just instantly push the chair right back. Rogeywon is right, its part of the "fuck you, I'm on holiday" Some people are really fucking selfish when on a plane.
  • X201 8 Oct 2019 12:37:26 19,415 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The problem is the airlines treating everyone like cattle.

Although the public are also responsible a bit in their demands to fly to the same place for the same price they paid 20 years ago. That's the reason that service gets skimped on and fee's for this that and the other are levied.
  • souvlaki 8 Oct 2019 14:08:08 949 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    On one flight last year (4 hours) the couple in front of me had a spare middle seat and reclined that. I was sat behind it in the middle and was not happy at all and asked them to at least have that seat up as noone was using it and the guy proper flipped, punched the seat etc. and told me to fuck off and that they could do what they liked.

The atmosphere was bad then for the whole flight but when I got off I thought, well, at least that is over with, only for the women to walk deliberately up to me at baggage claim and loudly shout look, here is that cunt from the plane. Some people :(

Clearly I had wound them up somehow but given I spend the whole flight listening to music, playing a handheld, it's hard to see what.
    Edited by souvlaki at 14:08:33 08-10-2019

Edited by souvlaki at 14:09:57 08-10-2019
  • Psychotext 8 Oct 2019 14:28:48 65,637 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Why the fuck would you recline an empty seat?
  • smoothpete 8 Oct 2019 14:55:49 36,013 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    One of the last flights I went on (out of Stansted) was delayed by an hour because some woman had managed to get herself too shitfaced to fly by 8am. Strong work.
  • Ror 8 Oct 2019 14:58:11 18,894 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Either that or she's a proper lightweight.
  • Psychotext 8 Oct 2019 15:20:30 65,637 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    That very nearly happened to me by accident. Was stuck in a lounge for 5 hours and just absent-mindedly trying the different champagne etc they had on offer. Stood up to go to the gate and was like woah.

Took some concentration to get there. lol
  • fontgeeksogood 8 Oct 2019 15:44:29 7,026 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    The hardest part of sobriety is flying while unpissed
  • Dougs 8 Oct 2019 19:33:15 90,576 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    One of the last flights I went on (out of Stansted) was delayed by an hour because some woman had managed to get herself too shitfaced to fly by 8am. Strong work.
    I have a lot of time for this. Probably someone who hated flying and mixed booze and valium or something
  • Psychotext 8 Oct 2019 21:33:02 65,637 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Oh, and whilst it's unlikely to happen at Stansted, don't discount the fact that 8am to you could very well be more like 9pm to someone that's just rocked up on a long haul for a layover.

That's always my excuse anyway. :D
  • fontgeeksogood 8 Oct 2019 22:52:41 7,026 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Or they got comped into a lounge and went nuts because, well, that's how it be
  • Frogofdoom 9 Oct 2019 09:21:21 14,245 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My doctors surgery has one appt in the next 5 weeks, well none now as I took it. They have an automated appointments line which only does the next 3 weeks and is completely useless as there is never an appointments available on it so they may as well turn the fucking thing off as it just wastes peoples time and money calling it.
  • Psiloc 9 Oct 2019 10:55:38 5,197 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I don't know if it's still going on, but a few years ago my GP had an "all patients seen within two days" rule imposed on them. It was obviously a target coming down from somewhere.

To achieve this they literally refused to give you an appointment if they had no slots available within those 48 hours. You would have to try calling again the next day, then the next day, then the next day. To anybody with any capacity for critical thinking, this is obviously not the same thing as seeing someone within two days. Even in situations where the patient (me) said I could wait a few days, just let me make an appointment, the answer was no.
  • Psychotext 9 Oct 2019 12:15:57 65,637 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah, mine did the same. Cunts.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.