Hate Jeremy Kyle? Step Right On In... Page 3

• You-can-call-me-kal 15 May 2019 11:25:36 16,324 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    Seems a bit odd that Kyle himself seems to be taking the backlash rather than ITV.
    Well, his name was in the title of the show...
    Yes Iím sure he had total autonomy.
  • Psiloc 15 May 2019 11:35:55 5,114 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah my BIL's friend has been on there and can corroborate all that. They would basically encourage you to get pissed the night before, take you to the studio the next day by taxi and keep you alone in a room for hours on end, interrupted only by 'researchers' who would run in and say "oh my god, I just heard your other half call you a slag!" "Are you going to stand there and let them get away with that?" "I can't believe he would do that to you!" etc.

'Human bear baiting' is spot on TBF. Society is probably better off without it, but like most people I'd be lying if I said I hadn't enjoyed an episode or two while off sick
  • Kay 15 May 2019 11:39:02 20,087 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Kay 15 May 2019 11:39:43 20,087 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    Seems a bit odd that Kyle himself seems to be taking the backlash rather than ITV.
    Well, his name was in the title of the show...
    Yes Iím sure he had total autonomy.
    I don't think anyone is saying he did. But when your name is synonymous with a certain type of TV show, you kinda have to take a lot of the responsibility when something goes horribly wrong.

Edited by Kay at 11:40:29 15-05-2019
  • You-can-call-me-kal 15 May 2019 11:40:05 16,324 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This is nonsense.
  • magicpanda 15 May 2019 11:46:20 14,870 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    It is nonsense but it still happens, same happened with Noel Edmunds.
  • Rhaegyr 15 May 2019 11:48:01 4,772 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Do you think Kyle should bear any responsibility?
  • nickthegun 15 May 2019 11:49:44 78,293 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    If nothing else, they clearly failed to review any after care policies after love island contestants started offing themselves.
  • elstoof 15 May 2019 11:50:08 23,661 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Psiloc wrote:
    Yeah my BIL's friend has been on there and can corroborate all that.
    Was he the father in the end?
  • Psiloc 15 May 2019 11:52:53 5,114 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ha, as far as I recall he was just one of the friends who gets invited on to walk out pointing his finger going "YOU FACKING LOIER!"
  • THFourteen 15 May 2019 11:54:21 52,549 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    freddymercurystwin wrote:
    The programme will probably be repackaged and start again under a new name ....
    What's Kilroy up to thesedays
  • Baihu1983 15 May 2019 11:56:02 11,560 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    If nothing else, they clearly failed to review any after care policies after love island contestants started offing themselves.
    They should axe that.

Well I won't miss having this crap on when ever I go for lunch at work
  • Graxlar_v3 15 May 2019 11:58:07 7,253 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Honestly, the whole show was 1 step up from hobo boxing.

IT was literally there for people to point and laugh and the poor people with problems and i for one am glad it is cancelled (even if the circumstances behind its cancellation are sad).

I have noticed though that people are quick to try and make a few pennies from it (and papers/news websites are all too eager to give it to them). I did a cardinal sin on the train today and peaked over someones shoulder at the paper they were reading only (metro) only to see an article titled - I was on the show wot had that man who killed himself (paraphrasing as i cant remember the actual title).

This show being cancelled means nothing unless all media (including those trash magazines) changes.
  • elstoof 15 May 2019 11:59:18 23,661 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    BRING BACK TRISHA
  • JamboWayOh 15 May 2019 12:01:52 14,150 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Honestly, the whole show was 1 step up from hobo boxing.

IT was literally there for people to point and laugh and the poor people with problems and i for one am glad it is cancelled (even if the circumstances behind its cancellation are sad).

I have noticed though that people are quick to try and make a few pennies from it (and papers/news websites are all too eager to give it to them). I did a cardinal sin on the train today and peaked over someones shoulder at the paper they were reading only (metro) only to see an article titled - I was on the show wot had that man who killed himself (paraphrasing as i cant remember the actual title).

This show being cancelled means nothing unless all media (including those trash magazines) changes.
    It's essentially no different to the olden days where they used to throw shit at people in stocks. The only difference is that you give them a mini bar beforehand.
  • mrpon 15 May 2019 12:19:55 35,324 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    BRING BACK TRISHA
    JERRY JERRY JERRY!!
  • JamboWayOh 15 May 2019 12:25:47 14,150 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fuck it, bring back Donahue!
  • challenge_hanukkah 15 May 2019 12:30:37 11,025 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What was the ITV equivalent of Kilroy? I seem to remember a woman's impassioned defense of anal sex.
  • uiruki 15 May 2019 12:37:13 4,862 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    The Time The Place, as invaded by Chris Morris?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ecxW3KPUD4
  • challenge_hanukkah 15 May 2019 12:40:34 11,025 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    BAD AIDS
  • You-can-call-me-kal 15 May 2019 12:41:52 16,324 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Rhaegyr wrote:
    Do you think Kyle should bear any responsibility?
    Yes. Just not ďmostĒ.
  • Deleted user 15 May 2019 12:46:10
    It will be back in six months relaunched under a different name.

There is too much money to be made in humiliating people on national television.
  • Load_2.0 15 May 2019 12:47:06 29,625 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Given he probably had huge influence in it's production and constantly chastised and verbally abused the guests, attributing a lot of the blame to the host is fair.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 15 May 2019 12:49:02 6,151 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @whatfruitlivesagain Probably. Somebody further up the thread mentioned putting people in the stocks and throwing shit at them. That could be a safer, more humane alternative.

We could still give them the mini-bar first.
  • Deleted user 15 May 2019 12:54:01
    Rogueywon wrote:
    @whatfruitlivesagain Probably. Somebody further up the thread mentioned putting people in the stocks and throwing shit at them. That could be a safer, more humane alternative.

We could still give them the mini-bar first.
    The best sign Kyle is a cunt is Piers Morgan's recent tweet in this river of shit defending him.
  • RawShark 15 May 2019 12:59:18 654 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm amazed it took as long as it did for this to happen.

As a sad reminder - The show was almost cancelled some ten years ago in a cost-cutting move but was kept on due to a public backlash. Unfortunately the TV watching public, especially those watching at home at 10am, loved seeing people on the lowest rung of society's ladder dragged across coals.

It should be a stark lesson for all of us. But no one cares and no one will learn anything.
  • SnackPlissken 15 May 2019 13:26:38 1,096 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    If you've ever seen an episode of this, Jeremy is always shouting/humiliating the guest(s). So yes.. he is to blame.

Edited by SnackPlissken at 13:27:11 15-05-2019
  • Psiloc 15 May 2019 13:54:58 5,114 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    But he does the softly spoken bit at the end where he resolves all of their problems in 30 seconds
  • You-can-call-me-kal 15 May 2019 14:06:50 16,324 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Itís just so reductive to scapegoat Jeremy Kyle for it. Yes heís the brand, and heís also a cunt, so cool, he can go down in flames. Thatís fine.

But thereís a huge network of corporate types, sponsors and affiliates who have been profiteering of this nastiness for years, and they didnít even have to get their hands dirty. They can now move onto their next theatre of the misery project with their reputations and salaries in tact.

And frankly, Iíll admit to having enjoyed laughing at the Ďchavsí on Jeremy Kyle years back. Iím a bit more socially aware these days, but Iím sure plenty of others happily putting Kyle in the stocks have also played some small part in this happening.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 15 May 2019 14:23:46 1,781 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    (All of) last week's front pages:
    Some cunt managed to do what billions did before her, and spat another cunt-to-be out her actual cunt.
    Inside! Photos of a fucking foot.
    This week's front pages:
    Some cunt who made a name for himself parading cunts on TV for the amusement of lazy cunts, gets blamed for something (whatever), and there are photos of him apparently outside.
    Inside! Photos of said cunt coming home again.

It's a good job there's fuck all else going on in the world.

I shouldn't complain, it's something other than the last 2 fucking years of "look at these useless cunts you all blindly vote for, you dopey cunts".

Cunts.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.