Exercise advice and weight loss Page 580

• Psychotext 1 Apr 2021 14:42:41 69,978 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Not really in this case, 9 years since he published the 5:2 diet.
    Still jury is out on it, I didn't follow it but have used some of the recipes.
    So he created another fad diet (and I call it that because it's no more effective than CICO in trials) 9 years ago... cool?
  • Derblington 1 Apr 2021 14:51:17 34,780 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @DaM I guess you track food/weight pretty regularly to keep your diabetes in check?

Just thinking that, generally, it may be easier to have a lower cal week every 4-6 weeks of normal eating, rather than taking a whole month of restricted eating?
    Just to prevent so much of the yo-yo effect. if not make it a bit easier for you to not need to restrict for so long?
  • Armoured_Bear 1 Apr 2021 14:51:20 30,281 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Not really in this case, 9 years since he published the 5:2 diet.
    Still jury is out on it, I didn't follow it but have used some of the recipes.
    So he created another fad diet (and I call it that because it's no more effective than CICO in trials) 9 years ago... cool?
    I'm no raging evangelist, as I said, I've lost the weight on a Spanish program that aims to teach you to eat better permanently and avoid the yo-yo stuff.
  • DaM 1 Apr 2021 14:57:26 17,671 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    @DaM I guess you track food/weight pretty regularly to keep your diabetes in check?

Just thinking that, generally, it may be easier to have a lower cal week every 4-6 weeks of normal eating, rather than taking a whole month of restricted eating?
    Just to prevent so much of the yo-yo effect. if not make it a bit easier for you to not need to restrict for so long?
    It's just a case of balancing carbs with insulin, and also taking account of exercise. This makes it a lot easier to get the fabled "flat line" we all strive for with modern continuous glucose monitoring. There are some Low Carb cultists who take it very seriously.

I can probably stick it for 3 weeks, then get out on the bike more, get back hillwalking. Exercise isn't great for weight loss if you need to take carbs to cover it.
  • Psychotext 1 Apr 2021 15:18:00 69,978 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    You can do exercise without carbs (or any calories for that matter), but you need to be REAL careful about your intensity, especially in the early days of teaching your body how to deal with it.

Edit - To be clear, not talking about for Diabetics, which I know absolutely nothing about. :)

Edited by Psychotext at 15:18:41 01-04-2021
  • Jono62 1 Apr 2021 15:24:38 26,762 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    sport wrote:
    Link to stream or GTFO!
    Sport, even with your desire for 'pics' No-one needs to see my sweatfests.

Especially not with headband & wristbands to catch sweat. That's before we get to mesh tops & bibshorts horror! 😃
    I'd subscribe.
  • JYM60 1 Apr 2021 15:41:15 18,846 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Best weight loss I ever did was get hit by a car and be in hospital for 3 weeks. Lost over 2 stone. Should have wrote a book or something.

Would recommend it as much as this 800 calorie thing.
  • mrpon 1 Apr 2021 15:41:59 37,082 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
  • Decks 1 Apr 2021 15:44:36 29,411 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    JYM60 wrote:
    Best weight loss I ever did was get hit by a car and be in hospital for 3 weeks. Lost over 2 stone. Should have wrote a book or something.

Would recommend it as much as this 800 calorie thing.
    Amputation?
  • LegendaryApe 1 Apr 2021 15:46:38 2,381 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Decks

Nope they shaved his back for an operation
  • Decks 1 Apr 2021 15:51:46 29,411 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Desmegged his glans.
  • JYM60 1 Apr 2021 15:57:32 18,846 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Was on a diet of ice cream and jelly and violently puking for at least the first week. Didn't even need to run or any of that shit.
  • Vortex808 1 Apr 2021 16:33:00 15,017 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    Vortex808 wrote:
    sport wrote:
    Link to stream or GTFO!

Especially not with headband & wristbands to catch sweat. That's before we get to mesh tops & bibshorts horror! 😃
    I'd subscribe.
    Guaranteed weightloss due to being put off food after witnessing the horror/fashion disaster fusion!
  • sport 1 Apr 2021 16:55:18 16,796 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    Jono62 wrote:
    Vortex808 wrote:
    sport wrote:
    Link to stream or GTFO!

I'd subscribe.
    Guaranteed weightloss due to being put off food after witnessing the horror/fashion disaster fusion!
    Don't say that. You're a beautiful man. Be proud and show the world.
  • challenge_hanukkah 1 Apr 2021 17:01:34 14,085 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    Jono62 wrote:
    Vortex808 wrote:
    sport wrote:
    Link to stream or GTFO!

I'd subscribe.
    You looked fantastic last time I saw you. Through night vision goggles at least.
  • Vortex808 1 Apr 2021 17:52:41 15,017 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:

You looked fantastic last time I saw you. Through night vision goggles at least.
    😃 Thanks, I'll give a pec flex and a wee jiggle of my beshorted arse when i dismount next time just for you!

Edited by Vortex808 at 17:52:55 01-04-2021
  • DaM 6 Apr 2021 09:53:07 17,671 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    You can do exercise without carbs (or any calories for that matter), but you need to be REAL careful about your intensity, especially in the early days of teaching your body how to deal with it.

Edit - To be clear, not talking about for Diabetics, which I know absolutely nothing about. :)
    It is more difficult! The main difference is your body will release insulin in response to your blood sugar rising if you eat something, and a little for general balance.

In T1 diabetics, we've got to work that out for ourselves. So we've got to have a general background, and deal with everything that can raise or lower blood sugar, mainly food/exercise. It's not even just carbs, fat/protein affect it too in a different fashion. I don't think there can be many medical conditions where to treat it successfully you have to calculate a dose of a potentially fatal drug multiple times a day!
  • Psychotext 6 Apr 2021 11:19:10 69,978 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Sounds utterly shit.
  • Wayne 8 Apr 2021 14:40:13 3,156 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Back on the health kick and really struggling.
    Can anyone recommend some good easy to prepare lunches and breakfasts that are pretty filling?
  • Armoured_Bear 8 Apr 2021 14:45:22 30,281 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wayne wrote:
    Back on the health kick and really struggling.
    Can anyone recommend some good easy to prepare lunches and breakfasts that are pretty filling?
    Breakfast is easy, blueberries with muesli and plain yoghurt (make sure you buy muesli without added sugar or just make your own), add some high fibre seeds, nuts to it.
    For a change, Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and chives (no toast).
  • Wayne 8 Apr 2021 14:54:45 3,156 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear I used to make "Overnight Oats" which isn't too dissimilar. Might start that again. Completely forgot about that.
  • Armoured_Bear 8 Apr 2021 14:57:46 30,281 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wayne wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear I used to make "Overnight Oats" which isn't too dissimilar. Might start that again. Completely forgot about that.
    Also, porridge is mega easy and filling and you can vary it so much with some
    Fruit , nuts etc.
  • Derblington 8 Apr 2021 15:05:59 34,780 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    My current preferred breakfasts are oats, with unsweetened almond milk, strawberry jam and peanut butter, or acai puree, with granola, dates or raisins, and shredded coconut.
    Add a protein shake on the side - My Protein clear whey isolate because it's really easy to mix/drink.
    If I'm time pressed or not particularly hungry it's just a bowl of cereal with almond milk, piece of fruit and a shake.

Lunch is typically 3 egg omelette with spinach, mushrooms, pepper and cheese, 200g of broccoli or similar veg on the side, and fruit or a protein bar. On days I don't fancy that it'll be something like chicken in a marinade, with veggies and fruit, or leftovers from the night before.

My days vary for calories, from 2200 to 3100, so I vary my evening meals to co-ordinate and keep my earlier meals somewhat fixed.

Edited by Derblington at 15:06:55 08-04-2021
  • Psiloc 8 Apr 2021 15:10:12 6,125 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I smash the protein powder in with the porridge to flavour and sweeten it.

In fact now that I think about it I never actually just drink a protein shake, it's always mixed with something to be eaten
  • Derblington 8 Apr 2021 15:14:40 34,780 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I've done that previously but found that it dried out the porridge. I drink a lot of water or 0 cal squash so it replaces that with the meal.
  • Psiloc 8 Apr 2021 15:23:16 6,125 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've been eating a lot of fat free natural yoghurt + protein powder lately. It's pretty good, tastes like a massive fromage frais or something yet it's basically guilt-free.
  • challenge_hanukkah 8 Apr 2021 15:25:28 14,085 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've been eating a lot.
  • captbirdseye 8 Apr 2021 15:29:47 10,702 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Protein Fluff is great snack. So filling.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 8 Apr 2021 15:42:53 17,132 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    All my good work has completely fallen apart while Mrs and Baby Maybe are home for the Easter holidays.

No free time to exercise and constant offers of snacks and quick fixes for the exhaustion of full time toddler parenting.

Should be back to normal with work and nursery next week
  • mrpon 8 Apr 2021 17:29:26 37,082 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    I've been eating a lot.
    Easter eggs are great for breakfast.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.