Following The Official Metal Appreciation ThreadŽ Page 395

Next Last
  • DakeyrasUK 20 May 2018 01:56:35 1,685 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Chug666 im just back from Machine Head's show at the camden roundhouse.

Immense performance. They covered hallowed be thy name which made me so fucking pumped for the second half of their nearly 3hr set!

I for one love the "an evening with machine head" style touring they have taken too. So good getting to hear much more of the catalogue than would be the case if it was a stand 100 minute set.

I have to say tonight is possinly up in my top 5/10 gigs after iron maiden for the first time, metallica playing master of puppets in it entirety, prodigy in the tent at download, faith no more reunited at download, frank turner at the forum in t.wells and slipknott disasterpieces show are the only ones better that i can think of right now!

Edited by DakeyrasUK at 01:57:26 20-05-2018
  • Chug666 21 May 2018 10:02:36 429 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @DakeyrasUK Hallowed must have been one of the songs we missed- what a shame! Hope your hearing has returned to normal by now.

I have no more gigs lined up until Blackberry Smoke in December, but I hear Cancer Bats are doing a little tour between festivals...
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 21 May 2018 11:40:34 6,788 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Should I feel bad that I can name most of the men in the new Ghost video but none of the women? Is everyone in it supposed to be famous anyway?

I do dig the song though. Both tracks from the new album so far have a bit of a classic solo Ozzy vibe to me.

also, how is Phil Anselmo looking younger than he has in nearly 20 years?
  • StixxUK 22 May 2018 08:14:55 7,909 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    The new alkaloid album, Liquid Anatomy, is a definite album of the year contender!
  • FuzzyDucky 23 May 2018 21:45:35 3,215 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @StixxUK Didn't realise they have a new one out! Is Grossmann still on the drums? Dude is relentless in both his playing and output.
  • wuntyphyve 24 May 2018 10:16:38 10,435 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Played with these guys earlier this year. Fellow Scottish metal band Goodhuman have put an EP out recently and it's well worth a listen. They call themselves deathcore whatever that means. It's all just metal to me, but I was pleasantly surprised after listening to it yesterday.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/goodhuman/1387331561

It's on amazon as well and youtube / bandcamp etc.
  • FuzzyDucky 7 Jun 2018 13:23:50 3,215 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ralph Santolla has died, only 48, fuck :(

He's played with some pretty amazing bands and his lead work on Device's "The Stench of Redemption" is the highlight of their career.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 7 Jun 2018 15:52:58 6,788 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The new Bong album makes me want to build an altar in the woods and see in the dawn beneath burning torchlight. But then, don't they all?

https://ritualproductions.bandcamp.com/album/thought-and-existence-2
  • drhickman1983 10 Jun 2018 00:36:40 5,353 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Listening to Urfaust - The Constellatory Practice

Really rather enjoying it. Drony, doomy, ritualistic sounding black ambient metal.

Might be enjoying it more than empty space meditation (which I liked a lot) It's good music to listen to sat in your pants alone, drinking beer in a dark room.

Shit this track is just sublime.

Actually one of the more conventional tracks they've done that I've heard (if a 12 minute dirge can be called conventional) but... Fuck.

Edited by drhickman1983 at 01:01:42 10-06-2018
  • drhickman1983 10 Jun 2018 08:44:55 5,353 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just came across this on bandcamp. Guess it's ambient black metal, but it's surprisingly delicate. Kind of haunting. Maybe too pretty sounding for some. But it's pay what you want, so potentially free.

https://bloodbark.bandcamp.com/album/bonebranches
  • GoatApocalypse 10 Jun 2018 10:18:02 3,987 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    drhickman1983 wrote:
    Listening to Urfaust - The Constellatory Practice

Really rather enjoying it. Drony, doomy, ritualistic sounding black ambient metal.

Might be enjoying it more than empty space meditation (which I liked a lot) It's good music to listen to sat in your pants alone, drinking beer in a dark room.

Shit this track is just sublime.

Actually one of the more conventional tracks they've done that I've heard (if a 12 minute dirge can be called conventional) but... Fuck.
    I fucking love Urfaust. It's my wife's birthday this month so I can't afford to splash out (especially since shipping from Van is so bloody expensive) but I'm picking it up in July, no doubt.
  • StixxUK 13 Jun 2018 14:19:51 7,909 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Shit, I've just bought tickets to see tesseract thinking they were the contortionist.

BTBAM in support at least!
  • samharper 13 Jun 2018 15:41:06 997 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh man The Contortionist are really something live, the whole crowd is in a complete trance the whole time they're on. Saw them with Periphery in Hamburg last year, incredible experience.

Saw Sleep Token in Manchester with Holding Absence and Loathe when I was stuck there during the snowpocalypse in March, I'd listened to them before but I'm absolutely hooked now. The singer has an unbelievable voice and the drumming is so, so groovy.

Also saw Dyscarnate when I went to see Bleed From Within a couple of months ago in Glasgow, absolutely insane live, bassist from Arceye who does the high screams and it's just godly.

And it's late but to agree with the poster on the other page re: the Trivium show, saw it in Glasgow, I liked Venom Prison so much I bought their vinyl on the way out but my god Code Orange were rancid, one of the least pleasant live experiences I've ever had. They felt like they were trying waaaay too hard, and when the drummer came out with that "well done for listening to heavy music" bit I nearly threw up in my mouth. They're like a shit version of Knocked Loose imo.

Edited by samharper at 15:45:46 13-06-2018
  • GoatApocalypse 13 Jun 2018 19:37:15 3,987 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Macabre Omen - Gods of War - at War!

https://youtu.be/f7WOng8p24Y

Fucking epic Greek black metal
  • GoatApocalypse 14 Jun 2018 17:25:14 3,987 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rotting Christ - AEALO

More epic Greek metal, I always liken this to Amon Amarth covering Non Serviam. And it's fucking brilliant.

Some properly majestic leads on show here.

https://youtu.be/NKI49Il1VwY
  • wuntyphyve 14 Jun 2018 17:30:05 10,435 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I do love a bit of RC
  • GoatApocalypse 14 Jun 2018 17:46:08 3,987 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Non Serviam and Thy Mighty Contract will always be my faves but AEALO is such a banger.
  • FuzzyDucky 14 Jun 2018 23:16:58 3,215 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @StixxUK New Obscura incoming! :)

https://youtu.be/nMVlMGgdkGA
  • StixxUK 15 Jun 2018 07:54:05 7,909 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @FuzzyDucky nice, some very Cynic vocals going on there!
  • GoatApocalypse 15 Jun 2018 19:11:20 3,987 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ulcerate - Everything is Fire

Because sometimes you need to feel like the world is collapsing around you.

https://youtu.be/uQlHHEde-ho
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 15 Jun 2018 22:45:52 6,788 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Fantastic set from Cave In at the Caleb Scofield tribute show. Some small condolence that the community has rallied for the family like this

Info and donations at https://scofieldbenefit.merchtable.com/

There's another show planned for later in the year with an Isis reunion.
  • BeheretiK 19 Jun 2018 10:45:55 903 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So Funeral Mist, one of my favourite BM bands of all time, stealth released a new album last week:

First listen now but sounds promising!
  • warlockuk 20 Jun 2018 08:52:13 19,427 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @BeheretiK Cheers for the heads up, that'll do for work.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.