Post of the day Page 4

• silentbob 23 Oct 2007 00:15:36 29,527 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Sure. He's probably one of those fun 'knockabout' biggots who's a laugh down the pub.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 23 Oct 2007 00:15:58 12,422 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    As far as I remember, he just completely went off the rails, and as one is inclined to do in such cases, lashed out at all and sundry. I suspect that the only reason he hasn't come back yet, hat in hand, is because he's too ashamed of what he did to run the gauntlet with the regs on here who clearly can't forgive him.

FWIW, I didn't like him as a mod at all. I don't think he modded very well. Just my opinion now. But, he posted like crazy for a long time and contributed a lot, and I think it'd be kinda sad if everyone refused to see that he did what he did because he just completely flipped out. Correct me if I'm wrong there, as I may well be...
  • Lukus 23 Oct 2007 00:19:14 23,581 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    As far as I remember, he just completely went off the rails, and as one is inclined to do in such cases, lashed out at all and sundry. I suspect that the only reason he hasn't come back yet, hat in hand, is because he's too ashamed of what he did to run the gauntlet with the regs on here who clearly can't forgive him.

FWIW, I didn't like him as a mod at all. I don't think he modded very well. Just my opinion now. But, he posted like crazy for a long time and contributed a lot of tedious shite, and I think it'd be kinda sad if everyone refused to see that he did what he did because he just completely flipped out. Correct me if I'm wrong there, as I may well be...
  • Micro_Explosion 23 Oct 2007 00:20:01 9,692 posts
    Seen 12 years ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    But you don't think anyone mods well.

Edit @ TG

Mapster acting like a cunt under several socks for a few weeks - "flipping out" isn't a good reason for that behaviour; if it had been just one night then maybe, but it wasn't.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 23 Oct 2007 00:22:02 12,422 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Micro_Explosion: Not true. Kalel's a good mod. Shinji, Raups and Craigy too, Otto for the most part. Don't really have a problem with any of them to be honest.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 23 Oct 2007 00:22:38 12,422 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Lukus: ?
  • silentbob 23 Oct 2007 00:22:41 29,527 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I don't know how people can see an 'event' like this and not worry a little for the person(s) involved. Some people seem to err on the side of callous as a default position.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 23 Oct 2007 00:23:17 12,422 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Ah...
  • NewYork 23 Oct 2007 00:23:19 24,807 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I suspect that the only reason he hasn't come back yet, hat in hand, is because he's too ashamed of what he did to run the gauntlet with the regs on here who clearly can't forgive him.
    Granted, you probably know him better than I do, but I think that's over-analysing.

Here's how I picture Mappy: laughing at all the speculation and attention that's being poured on him, and not acting on anything deeper than wanting some self-amusement.

Coming back without mentioning anything was just to wind up everyone to took it more seriously than what it really was - random spamming. People were expecting fireworks for when he returned and it's damn funny that he just acted normal when he came back, denying everyone those explosions.

Now I'm over-analysing.
  • Deleted user 23 October 2007 00:23:20
    Shinji's the only good mod, he doesn't lock anything.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 23 Oct 2007 00:24:36 12,422 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    silentbob wrote: I don't know how people can see an 'event' like this and not worry a little for the person(s) involved. Some people seem to err on the side of callous as a default position.
    +1 That's EG for you though. I myself have been roasted over the coals once or twice for virtually nothing. EG can be pretty cruel sometimes. :/
  • JYM60 23 Oct 2007 00:25:28 18,510 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Wasn't mapster banned from AATG after he came back?
  • silentbob 23 Oct 2007 00:25:37 29,527 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    cubbymoore wrote:
    Shinji doesn't lock. He molests!
  • NewYork 23 Oct 2007 00:25:43 24,807 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    cubbymoore wrote:
    Shinji's the best.
  • Deleted user 23 October 2007 00:25:54
    @TG

Well you do ask for it with that thing you do with quotes. Just leave it be!
  • silentbob 23 Oct 2007 00:26:16 29,527 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    NewYork wrote:
    Now I'm over-analysing.
    Actually. That was spot on.
  • Deleted user 23 October 2007 00:26:30
    Shinji, Raups and Craigy too,
    Don't those guys just work here (or used to). I didn't think that they really got involved in day to day modding. Raups is probably a little busy, Craigy usually seems to be fixing bugs or finding out how bit the forum is or something if we're all bored and Shinji just batters dissenters to death with esseys of pure Irish anger.

So all in all I thing we can surmise: TG = anarchist who hates all mods, except maybe otto. And apparently kalel too, but personally I think that he's lying about that one...
  • Deleted user 23 October 2007 00:27:45
    Yeah everyone knows kalel's under qualified.
  • JayPee 23 Oct 2007 00:28:03 1,490 posts
    Seen 7 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Gears is a good game.

Halo 3 is better.

By about 2.
  • NewYork 23 Oct 2007 00:28:11 24,807 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    silentbob wrote:
    NewYork wrote:
    Now I'm over-analysing.
    Actually. That was spot on.
    That happens sometimes with me.

/goes back to spouting rubbish
  • Lukus 23 Oct 2007 00:28:13 23,581 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    cubbymoore wrote:
    Yep. I like how Shinji will often join in with the filth.
  • Inquisitor Moderator 23 Oct 2007 00:28:15 14,557 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Well he was a bit abusive to deem when I last saw him on this forum but thats by the by.

It'd be a bit like letting Angus Deatyon back on HIGNFY though, he'd be ripped apart on a daily basis and we'd never get any rest.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 23 Oct 2007 00:29:09 12,422 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    disussedgenius wrote: Shinji just batters dissenters to deaths with essays of pure Irish anger.
    Careful you, I can do that too ya know. It's the first thing we learn in Paddy school.
  • Deleted user 23 October 2007 00:30:06
    disussedgenius wrote: Shinji just batters dissenters to deaths with essays of pure Irish anger.
    Careful you, I can do that too ya know. It's the first thing we learn in Paddy school.
    You even corrected the spelling!!!
  • Furbs 23 Oct 2007 00:30:18 45,735 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Well he was a bit abusive to deem when I last saw him on this forum but thats by the by.

It'd be a bit like letting Angus Deatyon back on HIGNFY though, he'd be ripped apart on a daily basis and we'd never get any rest.
    I'm sure he's back. Thats the thing about communities though. Fuck up the community, you get shunned. Its what seperates us from the savages.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 23 Oct 2007 00:30:40 12,422 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @cubby: >:{D>
  • Telepathic.Geometry 23 Oct 2007 00:31:11 12,422 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Furbs: Communities need forgiveness though.
  • Deleted user 23 October 2007 00:32:39
    I'm afraid that in my head your posts don't sound Irish, whereas Shinji's do, even though he's got a very un--Irish username. So put down that hurley ya big girls blouse. :)
  • Deleted user 23 October 2007 00:33:35
    cubbymoore wrote:
    You even corrected the spelling!!!
    He also puts the freekin' colon outside of the bold tags!?!

EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!!
  • Furbs 23 Oct 2007 00:34:21 45,735 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @Furbs: Communities need forgiveness though.
    Why? In the context of an internet community I mean? Theres a million Mapsters out there. Just like theres a million Peejs, ottos, Deebs, Gremmis, cubbys (ok maybe thats a one off).

Noone is irreplaceable.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.