Bloody Royal Mail!

First Previous
  • david78 30 Sep 2007 21:58:40 829 posts
    Seen 8 years ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    In case you didn't know, they're striking again from Thursday of this week to Saturday, and Monday to Wed the following week.

Is anyone else starting to get so bloody pissed off by this?

Call me selfish, but this'll fuck up my delivery of Phantom Hourglass!
  • Aretak 30 Sep 2007 22:00:45 10,391 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Yes. And in addition to their strike, I'm sure they'll all be helping themselves to 5 free items of mail from the absoloutely huge piles which are going to build up.

Cunts.
  • Heartcore_Ninja 30 Sep 2007 22:07:17 1,727 posts
    Seen 13 years ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    For fuck sake all they have to do is deliver mail and work half a day each day- and they want how much? They don't even deliver stuff properly half the time anyway- mail being delivered to the wrong address and turning up at gone 1pm each day is a regular occurance.
  • Deleted user 30 September 2007 22:12:13
    It may surprise you to learn that there's a great deal more to the entire Royal Mail service than just some 'moaning lackey' who only has to work half a day to pop your letter through your letter box then go home.

Not that I'm supporting the strike, but people can be so single-minded.
  • rock27gr 30 Sep 2007 22:12:13 6,438 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Heartcore_Ninja

Why don't you do it if it's so simple and lucrative?
  • Heartcore_Ninja 30 Sep 2007 22:17:57 1,727 posts
    Seen 13 years ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Well they rarely do the job they're supposed to- ie I don't think delivering to the wrong address and gone 1pm is acceptable really.

The only time I have sympathy for them is say when it snows real bad but are still expected to complete their rounds, or say like in the floods (I live in Sheffield and I was out in it and believe me it was bad.)

Striking though- they've gone way too far now.
  • rock27gr 30 Sep 2007 22:29:39 6,438 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    rock27gr wrote:
  • Heartcore_Ninja 30 Sep 2007 22:39:16 1,727 posts
    Seen 13 years ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    rock27gr wrote:
    rock27gr wrote:

It's not my job but if it was, I'd make sure I didn't post through the wrong bloody letter box regularly or took the piss delivering late afternoon. However, the first point might be the fault of the guys that sort the letters.

Either way most prople don't think the royal mail offer a particularly great service and are getting a bit pissed off with all these strikes. Tell me I'm wrong?

I've not heard many hail royal mail.
  • Micro_Explosion 30 Sep 2007 22:44:42 9,692 posts
    Seen 12 years ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I've only ever had one incident with Royal Mail and that was at Christmas from the hired help to cover the period.

My post and parcel guys are both great.
  • rock27gr 30 Sep 2007 22:46:49 6,438 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Have you heard anyone hailing other working people; lawyers; PC world employees; call operators; Game employees; hospital doctors; private doctors; waiters; etc etc?

Everyone complains about everybody else, that's what we do.

/gets depressed
  • Heartcore_Ninja 30 Sep 2007 22:48:54 1,727 posts
    Seen 13 years ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Well I just wish they'd do their job more efficiently. I'm not exactly sure what they are payed but I'm sure I heard/read it was decent. They've decided to stike AGAIN which doesn't help us, as customers, gain a great opinion of them seen as many of us have experienced wrong deliverys and I experience late deliverys very frequently despite living very closely to the depot. It's not particular people working for them I have a problem with, it's the company or who ever is responsible for the fuck ups.

And although people strike for a reason, when we are all said and done- I didn't say I did not have any respect for them, like in bad weather, and it's not too much to ask for a delivery at a decent time to the right address- it's not the most taxing of jobs- but with all these strikes you'd think so.
  • rock27gr 30 Sep 2007 22:52:21 6,438 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Well I get second-class mail delivered next day first thing in the morning if they are posted by 2, so they are great!

Which is much more than I can say about other, private, delivery companies that don't even show up...
  • Heartcore_Ninja 30 Sep 2007 22:53:43 1,727 posts
    Seen 13 years ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    rock27gr wrote:
    Have you heard anyone hailing other working people; lawyers; PC world employees; call operators; Game employees; hospital doctors; private doctors; waiters; etc etc?

Everyone complains about everybody else, that's what we do.

/gets depressed

A good point. I guess it's mainly down to personal experiences and that.

Like Game employees- I've had some who I thought were great, whereas I've also experienced some right fuck-tards.
  • IMadeThis 30 Sep 2007 22:55:42 1,298 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    FFS that is a long time without post! I can't complain (on the most part) about the service, but jebus, that's a full week! No PH for me either then. I think they timed it on purpose :(
  • Heartcore_Ninja 30 Sep 2007 22:56:18 1,727 posts
    Seen 13 years ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    rock27gr wrote:
    Well I get second-class mail delivered next day first thing in the morning if they are posted by 2, so they are great!

Which is much more than I can say about other, private, delivery companies that don't even show up...

You see I would agree that is good, though I can't say the same for the service we receive. Don't get me wrong, it's not terrible, just not particularly good either- I'd prefer my mail in the morning and not to get other people's mail often enough to moan about. It's mainly the stikes that are annoying me.
  • Deleted user 30 September 2007 22:59:34
    Doesn't bother me what time it turns up. Just so long as it does as opposed to, say, being stolen.
  • DFective 30 Sep 2007 23:02:56 2,013 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    All last week my post wasn't delivered until 3PM. I HAD TO WAIT TILL 3PM FOR HALO 3! Fucking livid I was.

:D
  • Heartcore_Ninja 30 Sep 2007 23:03:00 1,727 posts
    Seen 13 years ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Fozzie_bear wrote:
    Doesn't bother me what time it turns up. Just so long as it does as opposed to, say, being stolen.

True. Like I say though it's the strikes that are my main issue right now. Too many, too often. The time and getting the wrong mail isn't the best, but it's not enough to get me over there complaining. If Royal Mail want to up the pay for their workers then fine do it, but if not I wish they'd just stop striking and leave if they don't want to work for the money they are on. Their job is fairly important of course but without knowing exactly what they earn, there becomes a limit.
  • smugla 30 Sep 2007 23:13:25 2,297 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I worked as a postman for a year

due to the start time ie at work 6 days a week at 4 am
    the new recruits get the WORST walks the best ones are guarded and getting in with the union guy

Most new recruits jack it in within a couple of weeks (very high turnover of staff)

god help you if your road becomes a training round

a card test which NOWONE has ever passed in London

on my round I had a minimum of 140kg of mail a day

internal racism ,bullying, thieving, politics ,jobsworths,

this was one big eye opener
  • PinkSpider 30 Sep 2007 23:19:07 3,349 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    note to self: scratch postman off of dream job.

The idea of walking around the streets on my own was appealing, think I'll give it a miss though reading that. :/
  • ScoutTech 30 Sep 2007 23:23:05 2,428 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Well as the saying goes, you don't like you deliver your mail for 28p

I would like to say thank yo to Royal mail as I haven't had any problems with them, we get on with our mail guy nad he knows where to put our post if it won't fit the letter box oso it is safe. My boss gets his important mail delivered to work by the local mail guy as he knows he works here and it is on his round and to too much hassle.

PLus my dad is one so shove off :p
  • Deleted user 30 September 2007 23:24:29
    It's actually my fault; it seems that whenever I order something from play.com, there's a postal strike within the next few days.

Don't ask me to explain it, but it seems to me to be a pretty clear cause-and-effect.

/waits three weeks for his order
  • spindizzy 30 Sep 2007 23:28:14 7,755 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    ScoutTech wrote:
    Well as the saying goes, you don't like you deliver your mail for 28p
    Eh?

I would like to say thank yo to Royal mail as I haven't had any problems with them, we get on with our mail guy nad he knows where to put our post if it won't fit the letter box oso it is safe. My boss gets his important mail delivered to work by the local mail guy as he knows he works here and it is on his round and to too much hassle.
    EH?
  • Deleted user 30 September 2007 23:28:42
    Looks like I wont be getting FFT anytime soon, delivery from play is slow enough at the best of times. I dont know how much they are paid or what shit they have to put up with so I dont know if I blame them or not. Its still annoying though.
  • IMadeThis 30 Sep 2007 23:34:16 1,298 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Are there any decent games out this Friday where pre-orders are gonna be delayed? I don't think I've got any ordered.
  • Aretak 30 Sep 2007 23:56:32 10,391 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    IMadeThis wrote:
    Are there any decent games out this Friday where pre-orders are gonna be delayed? I don't think I've got any ordered.
    Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions is the one I'll be waiting on. I also ordered Jeanne d'Arc from Movietyme yesterday, so that'll be caught up in this as well.
  • Deleted user 1 October 2007 01:09:06
    Is it the actual people that do the rounds that are striking or everyone? I guess we dont know the conditions and pay of people in the sorting office,etc.
  • First Previous
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.