Bloody Royal Mail! Page 5

• beastmaster 7 Jan 2011 11:08:40 21,931 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I just checked an order I have on Amazon (Bad Company 2 on the 360). Ordered it ages ago and it was due to arrive at the end of December. Taking into account the UK bank holiday I still thought it was taking too long. Checked the order and it's coming from the Amazon EU store (Luxembourg).

Hope it arrives soon. I want to go to 'Nam, man!
  • AceGrace 7 Jan 2011 11:10:25 3,408 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    boo wrote:
    Ha HA!

Thirty seconds after I posted that, they landed on my desk!

/thinks

I never win massive amounts of money of the lottery...

/crosses fingers

:-)

My postman has already been. :-(
  • senso-ji 15 Apr 2011 16:23:39 10,129 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Went to post some documents by recorded delivery this afternoon and the lady behind the desk asked me if I wanted to track the order. I asked her how much it would cost, and she told me 5.60, compared to 1.52 for posting it without tracking. As it was only A4 documents, I went with the cheaper option.

Her : "Are you sure you don't want tracking? Just peace of mind in case it gets lost"

Me: "But it'll be signed for when it arrives, so you'll have that on record, right?"

Her: "Yes, but what if it doesn't arrive?"

Me: "..."

So, the Royal mail are now trying to get you to buy more expensive services by basically telling you their cheaper ones are shit? What kind of customer service is that?
  • CosmicFuzz 15 Apr 2011 16:42:04 32,592 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Have the prices went up recently? Seems to be a bit more to post first class recorded these days. Also, did first class recorded ever include tracking or have they now separated if from signing? Have mailed a bunch of parcels out this week and each time they keep asking if I want tracking (and insurance/guaranteed next day/etc) bloody pushers...
  • X201 15 Apr 2011 16:44:36 21,392 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Have the prices went up recently? Seems to be a bit more to post first class recorded these days. Also, did first class recorded ever include tracking or have they now separated if from signing? Have mailed a bunch of parcels out this week and each time they keep asking if I want tracking (and insurance/guaranteed next day/etc) bloody pushers...

Prices went up on April 4th

Recorded is different to Tracked.
  • CosmicFuzz 15 Apr 2011 16:47:45 32,592 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I see. Cheers dude.
  • neilka 1 Aug 2011 20:11:10 23,802 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I've just had my second missing Amazon item in the last month. The first one was just a game which never turned up, which is almost understandable, but today Royal Mail delivered would should have been a new phone but was actually the empty Amazon packaging, sealed in a plastic bag printed with a note saying "sorry your item was damaged while in our care"...!

I'm sure things get lost (if we're being charitable) from time to time but delivering the fucking empty box?!
  • Dolly 1 Aug 2011 20:22:56 3,647 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Sounds like your thievin postie only has a small recycling bin, but still cares about the planet.

Sounds like his living room would also put Currys to shame...
  • BurnoutJunkie 1 Aug 2011 20:56:12 1,193 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Dolly wrote:Sounds like his living room would also put Currys to shame...
    Hahaha. Sad but possibly true?

;)
  • X201 1 Aug 2011 21:49:14 21,392 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    neilka wrote:

I'm sure things get lost (if we're being charitable) from time to time but delivering the fucking empty box?!

They have to deliver it by law.
    Its actually of benefit to you, because it strengthens your case when you report it to Amazon. You have evidence of the damaged packaging and Royal Mail stating it got damaged in transit.
  • neilka 2 Aug 2011 14:48:22 23,802 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Well, Amazon have sent out a replacement with no fuss. However they've sent it by Royal Mail again and this time it's not even Tracked like it was last time... Christmas has come in August for my postman!
  • neilka 6 Aug 2011 00:10:09 23,802 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Three days on from the replacement being sent out and... nothing whatsoever. What an absolute bunch of utter thieving cunts.
  • Deleted user 6 August 2011 00:53:13
    Oh dear. Amazon are top notch with this sort of issue though I have found. Just tell them exactly what happened they will sort you out.
  • Deleted user 6 August 2011 01:08:02
    They are really good, basically no questions asked.

I spilt whisky all over a brand new MS Ergonomic keyboard thing and killed it. I emailed Amazon saying it stopped working, they sent me out a new one first class the same day no charge.

They then picked the broken one up by courier for free at a date of my choosing. So yes i'm a lying bastard but the service was top notch!
  • neilka 1 Sep 2011 22:03:08 23,802 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Driver San Francisco sent first class on Tuesday, still no sign of it today. My postman must have just finished my copy of Alice Madness Returns and decided he needed something new.
  • X201 1 Sep 2011 22:15:25 21,392 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Neilka, where in the UK are you?
  • neilka 1 Sep 2011 22:16:59 23,802 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    East London...
  • Deleted user 1 September 2011 22:20:01
    Have to say was impressed today, Amazon delivery sent out yesterday 1st class arrived today. Wonders never cease.
  • X201 1 Sep 2011 22:24:47 21,392 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Ah... Mount Pleasant Sorting Office, say no more.
  • neilka 1 Sep 2011 22:29:27 23,802 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    Ah... Mount Pleasant Sorting Office, say no more.
    It sounds like you've got some stories to tell...?

I've actually been at this address for over six years and up until July this year things were fine, with only a couple of things going missing that I can believe were just lost. Since July four parcels have gone missing, although funnily enough everything that doesn't contain an Xbox game or a mobile phone seems not to get "lost"...
  • el_pollo_diablo 1 Sep 2011 22:29:56 3,092 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I'm in east London too, never had a problem. You must be in scabby shadwell! :-P
  • Deleted user 1 September 2011 22:32:34
    Wonder how much post gets ripped open by an evil postie, only to get dumped somewhere as it's yet another copy of Kevin and Perry Go Large on DVD
  • X201 1 Sep 2011 22:36:11 21,392 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Not me who has the stories, but have spoken to enough postmen who known about it.

Channel 4 did a Despatches program on it a couple of years ago.
  • el_pollo_diablo 2 Sep 2011 13:21:23 3,092 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Just reviving this thread to vent at the thicko Fed Ex delivery driver servicing east london this afternoon.

If you're reading this whilst eating your lunch, it was me who called your boss earlier and dropped you in the shit, you absolute twat.

Now I feel better.
  • sport 12 Dec 2011 09:20:06 16,678 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Maybe you guys can advise,

I needed to send my accounts to Companies House before the 1st Dec. They were finished on the 29th Nov, so went to my local Post Office and posted them "Special Delivery by 1". Got a printed receipt stating the tracking code, time of posting, and the service used.

Turns out it was delivered on the 6th Dec, a week later, and as a result, I got 150 fine for late accounts by Companies House.

I'm hoping I can phone Companies House and ask them to waiver the fine, as I have proof that I sent them "Special Delivery" before the cut off time - not sure if they'll even care, but I'll try.

But I really want to know if I got any case for compensation from Royal Mail?
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.