Bloody Royal Mail! Page 8

Next Last
  • Dougs 23 Feb 2021 22:24:27 99,066 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Generally not had a problem with things not arriving, but have noticed a few magazine subs arriving late on occasion. Annoying but not the end of the world. Different story when I lived in London though, the Streatham DO was a hive of scum and villainy, clearly. Barely had anything delivered.
  • Technoishmatt 23 Feb 2021 22:34:37 5,135 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I am just up the road, Brixton DO. We had some smaller issues at start of lock down, but now I have no issues. I know our posties on sight, we say hi etc. We get so many deliveries the DPD guy says hello and my name even when he doesn't anything for me that day.
  • Cappy 1 Mar 2021 23:00:50 14,291 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    It's actually getting worse. I see I've received a notification of delivery today for an item... The problem is that I have no idea where they delivered it. It's certainly not here.

They don't even bother leaving a card letting you know they left your package with a neighbour. The lady next door called yesterday, handed me a parcel and said she was tired of waiting for me to come and collect it after an entire week.

Let's take a moment for silent reflection on the hundreds of thousands of lives sadly lost to coronavirus before Post Office employees stopped dicing with death and posting cards through doors to let people know what was happening with their deliveries. They just couldn't continue to take such risks when coronavirus could be lurking in any letter box ready to run along the card and crawl up their sleeve.
  • Trafford 2 Mar 2021 05:19:25 9,202 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Seems a bit harsh, it's not their fault you're addicted to buying stuff online.
    Get yourself an allotment and chill out Cappy!
  • Dougs 2 Mar 2021 06:31:54 99,066 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I am waiting in anticipation to see whether I'm going to get clobbered by taxes for something that appears to be coming from Belgium via DHL. Terms and conditions said all taxes paid but I am not convinced....
  • fontgeeksogood 2 Mar 2021 06:54:42 12,913 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    At what price Sovereignty tho Dougs
  • Dougs 2 Mar 2021 07:26:07 99,066 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Innit.
  • fontgeeksogood 2 Mar 2021 07:34:23 12,913 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    No seriously how much
  • elstoof 2 Mar 2021 07:36:53 27,143 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Buy British sex arses in future Dougs
  • Dougs 2 Mar 2021 07:37:08 99,066 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Guess I'll find out later today or tomorrow!
  • Dougs 2 Mar 2021 07:38:36 99,066 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Buy British sex arses in future Dougs
    I wish. Some kind of curling tong things that my wife wanted. UK website but shipped from the EU.
  • Cappy 2 Mar 2021 14:33:07 14,291 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Trafford wrote:
    Seems a bit harsh, it's not their fault you're addicted to buying stuff online.
    Get yourself an allotment and chill out Cappy!
    The issue is that if it's recorded as delivered you'll have difficulty claiming a refund.

All I do is go to work and straight back home again practically uninterrupted now for an entire year. I'm reaching my limits.

Edited by Cappy at 14:48:55 02-03-2021
  • Cappy 3 May 2021 12:28:26 14,291 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Another two months pass and things don't seem to be getting any better.

At this stage I may have to just stop buying things, since brick and mortar alternatives seem to have disappeared. At this rate I could end up being refused service due to being put on some 'black list' of people who are constantly having deliveries go missing.

I guess I could make a formal complaint to Royal Mail since they handled all the deliveries that went missing, if people don't complain they simply won't bother even investigating the possibility of people in the delivery chain being thieves. It's not in their interest to be proactive in this respect, if they find thieves it's news and a greater reputational hit than an undefined number of people complaining about their stuff going missing. You can bet their numbers are massively under-reported, I've seen cases where they'll classify outright theft as damage.

Not even tracking seems to be any protection, the missing package simply has no delivery information so you have no idea where it is. Somebody probably nabbed it before it could generate a trail.
  • Dirt3 3 May 2021 13:01:20 1,616 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Can't you just circumvent royal mail by ordering everything on Amazon and getting it delivered to those collection boxes somewhere.
  • Cappy 3 May 2021 13:45:48 14,291 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Sadly, despite a reputation for selling everything Amazon don't actually have a lot of the things I want. Stuff you buy from Amazon gets carried by Royal Mail sometimes if it's a third party seller anyway.

Even buying direct from Amazon seems to be plagued with theft on the warehouse side, I've ended up getting an empty box in the past.
  • Nexus_6 3 May 2021 13:52:27 6,002 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    You seem to have great bad luck with deliveries.
    In all the time I have been buying off the internet, I have not had a single package go missing, not turn up, be damaged etc.

And we've been buying shit-loads of stuff in the last year. Are you just buying more tempting stuff than me?
  • Dirt3 3 May 2021 14:17:38 1,616 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    Sadly, despite a reputation for selling everything Amazon don't actually have a lot of the things I want. Stuff you buy from Amazon gets carried by Royal Mail sometimes if it's a third party seller anyway.

Even buying direct from Amazon seems to be plagued with theft on the warehouse side, I've ended up getting an empty box in the past.
    But even if it is royal mail, then I assume the weakest link is the delivery person, so it will get diverted to a pickup point without the delivery person even being involved.

I have ordered shedloads from Amazon and never once have I had something go astray. About 2 years ago I did have a game go missing though which was from Game and supposedly "delivered" by Royal Fail.

I think you really do need to report it. IME when I have reported to them in the past they have taken it pretty seriously.

The thing is, if you don't report it, then maybe the person doing the thieving is smart enough to have figured out that they can pinch anything that goes to your address without it having any negative consequences for them.
  • Dirt3 3 May 2021 14:21:03 1,616 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    I am waiting in anticipation to see whether I'm going to get clobbered by taxes for something that appears to be coming from Belgium via DHL. Terms and conditions said all taxes paid but I am not convinced....
    You can look like a pro for asking the seller in advance whether it is delivered DDP (incoterms).
  • Cappy 3 May 2021 14:27:39 14,291 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Well, with the endless lockdowns, besides groceries everything gets bought online now.

As long as you don't have a thief or two in your local delivery chain you'll seldom or never have packages go missing, that's the way it was for me for years. Since Late Summer last year I've had 12-15 deliveries go astray, it does occur to me that prices have been going nuts for videogames online lately and maybe that's what has started getting targeted as an easy money spinner. Since DVDs are practically worthless and Blu-Rays are not such a big format it's pretty easy to tell which packages will probably contain games anything that seems like it contains a DVD case is likely to be a game.
  • Nexus_6 3 May 2021 14:53:00 6,002 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Defo report it then silly billy!
  • Dirt3 3 May 2021 15:19:34 1,616 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Have you thought about setting up a sting operation.

Nothing illegal, just something to make them think twice about doing it again.
  • Rogueywon 3 May 2021 15:20:46 11,543 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Just report it. We've had thieving posties at two places I've lived in the past and in both cases they got caught eventually (in one case, half the local office was in on it).
  • Vortex808 3 May 2021 15:21:57 15,120 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dirt3 wrote:

Nothing illegal, just something to make them think twice about doing it again.
    Posting yourself a dvd case full of angry bees?

Clever.
  • Dirt3 3 May 2021 15:28:07 1,616 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I had a false application for a bank account in my name a few years ago.

I suspect they were going to intercept the PIN and card coming to my address which was rented at the time.

I complained to both the bank involved and the Post Office. The Post Office seemed pretty responsive to me about it all IIRC.

Even if they don't clap everyone in irons my guess is that they let everyone know that they are being watched and that shot across the bows is probably enough to stop them.
  • Cappy 3 May 2021 17:56:55 14,291 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Dirt3 wrote:

Nothing illegal...
    Oh... Nevermind then.

Thanks for the helpful suggestion everyone, I have decided to report it. Some of the stuff that's gone missing was quite rare so I should have kept them as saved ebay searches. I might have had an opportunity to buy my game back from the thief.

Stuff I buy from the US seems to reach me, I guess International mail goes through a different sorting office before going to the local sorting office, it's UK deliveries that are the problem.

I've had 4 Amazon deliveries go astray, with Royal Mail I'm honestly losing count.
  • addybV3 3 May 2021 18:12:43 225 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    At my old address i was constantly having issues with royal mail. Over a 2 year period i must have had 15 packages get lost in the 'system' Simplygames temporarily stopped sending to me as i reported that many missing.

Funnily enough all these missing packages were mostly videogames. Never did get it resolved. I started to think some cunt in the sorting office had it in for me. Maybe i bummed his wife/mum/dad or whatever.

Edited by addybV3 at 18:12:55 03-05-2021
  • Next Last
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.