Following Boardgames anyone? Page 418

• Tonka 13 May 2020 13:02:27 30,814 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    It varies. I think a lot of people are ordering boardgames right now, so they're probably a bit slower than usual.

That having been said... I've found that orders placed on a workday before 17:00 get packed up and dispatched (or at least registered with DHL etc) the same day. At least where I order them in Sweden.

But again, the times being what they are... with the global pandemic and all.
  • Lotos8ter 13 May 2020 13:03:08 2,992 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @ChiefGB Iíve used them recently and I wouldnít expect same day despatch in the current circs?
    I think they took about a week from order to delivery but they use Royal Mail, so you know...
  • SnackPlissken 13 May 2020 13:24:30 1,856 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    Iíve read up on the re3 ks in depth now and it actually has a number of interesting sounding mechanics, I think I can only really afford to go in at basic pledge currently but it does look well worth the money with plenty added.

Question though, those raccoon city tiles, are these replacements for the previous game? It doesnít really explain how they would be implemented into the new game which presumably has preset campaign tile layouts?

Anyway Iím in.
    Think they're replacement tiles you can use with RE2. I pledged the extra £8 as the original tiles are really poor.
  • Nemesis 13 May 2020 13:24:40 19,711 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    It wasn't a restock item was it?
  • ChiefGB 13 May 2020 15:01:08 12,490 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Nemesis nope both In stock and last I checked still both showing in stock.
    Iím not meaning to sound too entitled, just canvassing opinion (plus stuck at home eager to move my collection on) I get now isnít normal was enquiring in a general sense as well as Iíll likely be buying from them again or consider elsewhere if they are generally slow to dispatch.
  • ChiefGB 13 May 2020 15:03:57 12,490 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @SnackPlissken apparently usable for both according to one of their videos where they discussed it that I saw earlier. Doesnít sound like direct reprints of the older ones either possibly.
    I havenít added them but I assume Iíll have another chance to add later as they sound like value for money, even better for those that backed last time.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 13 May 2020 15:40:34 32,965 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Zatu are normally excellent and dispatch very quickly. Understandably slower now though and things seem to take a good few days or so to arrive when combined with slower postage.
  • RyanDS 13 May 2020 16:11:33 13,212 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I feel so sad. Got a couple of these delivered today:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07XWM246F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My Arkham Horror cards were getting difficult to manage so thought this would be a solution. I honestly enjoyed spending 2 hours sorting my cards out and filing them, then deciding to redo it to make space for expansions, then filing by card amount etc.

Most fun I have had in ages and I am embarrassed for myself for it.
  • Nemesis 13 May 2020 16:30:50 19,711 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    @Nemesis nope both In stock and last I checked still both showing in stock.
    Iím not meaning to sound too entitled, just canvassing opinion (plus stuck at home eager to move my collection on) I get now isnít normal was enquiring in a general sense as well as Iíll likely be buying from them again or consider elsewhere if they are generally slow to dispatch.
    I've only used them for a couple of bits and they've been OK; well worth dropping them a message!
  • Your-Mother 13 May 2020 20:10:49 4,276 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    I ordered Teenage Me his perfectly themed game at the weekend. It has all of the sexy planes!

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/213497/red-storm-air-war-over-central-germany-1987

It does, however, also look like the most complicated board game I have ever seen.

Iím both very excited and slightly terrified of it arriving.
    You son of a bitch, Iíve just ordered this now after reading up on it. When my girlfriend rolls her eyes at yet another game delivery Iím going to blame you.
  • Dougs 13 May 2020 20:15:38 94,063 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Bought OK Play for my son. Excellent family game, easy enough for my 7 year old to understand but strategic enough to keep us engaged.
  • Bleh 13 May 2020 20:51:26 418 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    So talking about gmt games, anyone experience with Tank Duel? I really shouldn't be buying new games but I'm still curious :p.
  • ChiefGB 13 May 2020 21:05:59 12,490 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @RyanDS I have been looking into sleeves recently so Iím quickly falling into all this.

In other news, my order has been dispatched so should be here for Friday.

So in the last two weeks Iíve gone from a occasional lurker here to having bought and played one game, ordered two more, on the hunt for two more, have backed a Kickstarter and feel like Iím just getting started.

Think I should take a breath and have a word with myself.
  • Tonka 13 May 2020 21:07:14 30,814 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @RyanDS it sounds like you had a great time.

I broke out the IKEA sewing machine and made a draw bag for zombie or ship tiles, to use with Dawn of the Zed's and Nemo's War respectively.

Even invented a clever way to make a flat bottom.

The way I see it, taking care of the components is pay of the joy.
  • ChiefGB 13 May 2020 21:14:52 12,490 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I wish I had the ability to paint, or knew someone to do it for me but I canít see myself managing to not fuck it up somehow or having the time and patience. But they really have the ability to bring it all alive.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 13 May 2020 21:17:21 32,965 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Citadel contrast paints are your friend.

I have no talent whatsoever, but they even make my fumbled attempts look half decent

Edited by StarchildHypocrethes at 21:17:36 13-05-2020
  • Your-Mother 13 May 2020 21:22:50 4,276 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah, white primer coat and dab with contrast paints = entire armies in minutes. Remember that youíre painting to have them on a tabletop, not to win Golden Demon painting awards.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 13 May 2020 21:27:21 32,965 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Your-Mother wrote:
    You son of a bitch, Iíve just ordered this now after reading up on it. When my girlfriend rolls her eyes at yet another game delivery Iím going to blame you.
    Haha, I'm sorry!

It does look very cool though.

Couldn't find many videos, but watched a play through of the previous Downtown game, and it looks awesome. Hours of a mispent youth planning missions in Falcon 3.0 and EF2000 came flooding back.

Gone for some of these too, to give the charts a bit of life. No idea when they'll turn up though:

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/red-storm-aircraft-sam-cards
  • Your-Mother 13 May 2020 21:41:17 4,276 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    These are some finished models primarily using contrast paints, so you can see what they end up looking like. The guy in the middle was contrast paints + quick shade. Some minor details and dry brushing for highlights. The guy on the right the same without quickshade. The licker on the left is 100% contrast paints.

These two are in-progress, but again mostly using contrasts

I really need to start filing out the mold lines.
  • ChiefGB 13 May 2020 22:53:22 12,490 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Very cool, Iíll send you all mine ;)
  • Tonka 14 May 2020 07:12:12 30,814 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Wow, that looks really good. I loved painting minis back in the mid 90's. But I have shaky hands so I was never very good at it.
  • rice_sandwich 14 May 2020 08:06:08 6,436 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bleh wrote:
    So talking about gmt games, anyone experience with Tank Duel? I really shouldn't be buying new games but I'm still curious :p.
    This guy knows what he's talking about as far as wargames go:

• Bleh 14 May 2020 10:56:29 418 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @rice_sandwich
    Thanks, watched a few but will watch this one for sure.
  • ChiefGB 14 May 2020 12:06:41 12,490 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Annndd, now Iím watching miniature painting tutorial vids on YouTube.

Christ I have too much time on my hands at the moment.

Also blackwash is literally magic in a pot.
  • ChiefGB 14 May 2020 14:41:20 12,490 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Bleh ordered the villain pack for lotr as Iíll be able to use them over the two campaigns anyway and possibly beyond. Itís nice to add a bit of character to the game, hopefully flesh out things with named baddies and play it to itís fullest.
    All arrive tomorrow, and Iím getting a bit hyped now.
  • Gregolution 14 May 2020 15:22:24 10,006 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @ChiefGB

hahaha, as I suspected - the hobby has got hold of you quite quickly :)
  • rice_sandwich 14 May 2020 15:43:22 6,436 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    @ChiefGB

hahaha, as I suspected - the hobby has got hold of you quite quickly :)
    But sadly no farming or castle building in 15th century Germany amongst his collection. Get with the proper games rather than the faux video game replacement boardgames 😁
  • Your-Mother 14 May 2020 15:48:21 4,276 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah, letís celebrate when heís bought his first Uwe Rosenberg game.
  • rice_sandwich 14 May 2020 15:51:10 6,436 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    A Vital Lacerda game is also acceptable.
  • Gregolution 14 May 2020 17:06:37 10,006 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    rice_sandwich wrote:
    A Vital Lacerda game is also acceptable.
    even better IMO :)

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.