Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Sleeves are cool

#sleevegang4life
  • PrivateFloyd 26 May 2020 22:30:24 5,315 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @kentmonkey

Iíve gone with Dragon Shield sleeves (Amazon £5.50 for 100). And they are great quality.

Ref. Custom content as someone else has said make sure you only bother with ones that have gone through some rigorous play testing, I dabbled briefly but they made the game too imbalanced and it makes you realise the time and effort that must go into the ďofficialĒ packs.

The only custom pack Iíve really enjoyed is a suite of environment cards that tweak the official villain packs by adding a thematic twist. Theyíre really good and add some additional challenge.

Furlough has meant I have put ALOT of time in to MC this last few weeks and Iíve been really enjoying it.
  • kentmonkey 27 May 2020 08:10:45 23,564 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @PrivateFloyd thanks that's helpful.

Do those have Opaque backgrounds on?

There's one particular creator who I'm following that I'm going to try their packs to see. He's created Doc Ock, Wolverine, Daredevil and even Batman. About 15-20 villains and heroes, and a couple of schemes.

I've printed out a Doc Ock and Wolverine to test for a game to see.
  • Gregolution 27 May 2020 08:44:49 10,006 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DragonShields are probably the thickest and best shields but they're quite expensive. The maydays premiums I mentioned are 1.70 per 50 at bgextras.
  • Gregolution 27 May 2020 08:45:47 10,006 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    PrivateFloyd wrote:

Furlough has meant I have put ALOT of time in to MC this last few weeks and Iíve been really enjoying it.
    Nice. I've been able to wfh the whole time fortunately / unfortunately. At least no commute has been a very welcome change.
  • PrivateFloyd 27 May 2020 11:05:29 5,315 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Gregolution

Yep itís been nice. To be honest all this couldnít have come at a worse time. I work for pretty much the biggest contract caterer in the world, the site I manage had a planned demobilisation for end of May and the plan was for me to TUPE over to the new catering contractor (as I really like my client and itís close to home).

Anywho, COVID meant that the new caterer backed out of the contract leaving us all stranded a bit but Iíve convinced my client to take the whole operation in house.

All jobs saved as of yesterday, but itís meant Iíve spent a couple of hours a day writing up business plans, arranging new suppliers etc for the last month.

Kind of landed on my feet as my previous employer will be putting a load of people into consultation for redundancy once furlough ends as leisure/hospitality will not be bouncing back for some time.
  • PrivateFloyd 27 May 2020 11:07:35 5,315 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @kentmonkey

No theyíre clear but thatís what I wanted. But Iíve got custom dividers in my box that organises everything for easy access.

Check out my Instagram profile if you have it.

thirtysomethinggaming

Got a few pics of the dividers and other accessories Iíve bought. Thereís a company that do awesome acrylic tokens that Iíve replaced the standard ones with.

Iím fully in on this game, absolutely love it.
  • Gregolution 27 May 2020 12:39:03 10,006 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @PrivateFloyd

Well sounds like it will end well which is great.

I had my dream job offer given verbally in December (not a change of job, but moving to permanent from contract. They put me on a short term 30 day contract for January to get paperwork done. I'm still waiting!

So timing has been very poor for me too. Company wide hiring freeze just before the offer was due to be sent out and paperwork signed. Now I'm always 30 days away from unemployed.
  • Tonka 27 May 2020 12:42:08 30,824 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Anyone played Legacy of Dragonholt?
  • StarchildHypocrethes 27 May 2020 12:57:48 32,968 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Yeah, I have. It's a pretty decent attempt at a GM-less pnp rpg. Plays out like a more in-depth and involved choose your own adventure book / books. You create characters, level them up and have plenty of choices along the way.

There's a lot of reading and I probably wouldn't play with more than 2, as there be a lot of thumb twiddling, but I thought it was pretty good.
  • Tonka 27 May 2020 13:01:15 30,824 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I'd definitely play it solo. Is there score keeping? With a pencil and stuff?
  • Kernowgaz 27 May 2020 13:42:39 51 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Anyone getting Blood Rage on the PC today ?

Thereís 10% off and free Monsters DLC which I think was Kickstarter exclusive on release of the physical version.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 27 May 2020 13:57:44 32,968 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    I'd definitely play it solo. Is there score keeping? With a pencil and stuff?
    Along side tracking your character progression, you also track things like time, xp, fame etc. All indeed via the technical method of pencil.
  • McGeeza 27 May 2020 19:01:28 2,011 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I thought Iíd try Sleeve Kings for MC as I was ordering from BGExtras anyway, and Iím impressed. They are a premium thin sleeve, which was a requirement as I find thick sleeves annoying.
  • Slurmseh 27 May 2020 19:30:19 2,570 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Decided to try and get in to boardgames while I'm slowly going insane isolating.

I bought Carcassone, Catan, Pandemic, and Lords of Waterdeep to play with friends when everything is normal again. And then for solo I bought Arkham Horror LCG and I have Spirit Island on the way.

Are the AH expansions always sold out, or is this a result of the pandemic?
  • Gregolution 27 May 2020 19:33:09 10,006 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Slurmseh wrote:
    And then for solo I bought Arkham Horror LCG and I have Spirit Island on the way.

Those are some TOP choices brother!

Older AH Expansions can be hard to get but I believe they get reprinted every once in a while. I'd recommend sticking some stock notifications on at a few sites. Chaos cards and bgextras for example.

Spirit Island is one of my top 10 games, absolutely outstanding.
  • Slurmseh 27 May 2020 20:05:29 2,570 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    Slurmseh wrote:
    And then for solo I bought Arkham Horror LCG and I have Spirit Island on the way.

Those are some TOP choices brother!

Older AH Expansions can be hard to get but I believe they get reprinted every once in a while. I'd recommend sticking some stock notifications on at a few sites. Chaos cards and bgextras for example.

Spirit Island is one of my top 10 games, absolutely outstanding.
    Everyone seems to rave about Spirit Island. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow.
  • Nemesis 27 May 2020 20:18:46 19,711 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    They're usually pretty good at keeping AH:LCG in print (in the most part) however FFG have only just reopened again. As shipping goes to different regions, we got some stuff ahead of the US market which they were not happy about!

If it's out of print just be patient. It'll restock again, don't pay scalper prices.

I ordered the Young Adventurer's Guide books for D&D just for a bit of fun. They're illustrated books with each one on a different subject. Heroes of Asgard has arrived. I do enjoy a bit of Legendary Marvel so that'll be fun to get on the table. A bit less brain overhead compared to Champions. I have the core plus the MCU Phase 1 Core. People hate the MCU box as it's judt a reskin of the original Core with less characters, but I must say I'm very fond of it. It's a neat travel box, has a playmat, covers the Phase 1 heros and villains.
  • Your-Mother 28 May 2020 00:12:50 4,294 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    Anyone getting Blood Rage on the PC today ?

Thereís 10% off and free Monsters DLC which I think was Kickstarter exclusive on release of the physical version.
    PSA - do not buy it. Itís absolutely broken.
  • Slurmseh 28 May 2020 10:08:42 2,570 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Iíve also now added Scythe to my collection.
  • PazJohnMitch 28 May 2020 11:16:18 15,801 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Slurmseh wrote:
    Iíve also now added Scythe to my collection.
    Good stuff.
  • Slurmseh 28 May 2020 13:26:46 2,570 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I bought it to console myself that spirit island didnít arrive today.
  • danathjo 28 May 2020 16:39:03 8,259 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So new deluxe Terraforming Mars on Kickstarter June 9th. Anyone interested that hasn't bought it already? I am personally but it still feels a bit late, hopefully it isn't silly prices.
  • Your-Mother 28 May 2020 16:52:50 4,294 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Iím in two minds. It makes sense to deluxify the components given how terrible the production values are in the game, but at the same time it seems to be just 3D tiles, and isnít fixing the terrible artwork on the cards or the next to useless player boards - at least that I can tell. If it does do that then itís worthwhile, otherwise you might as well buy tiles and storage solutions off Etsy.
  • Grim 28 May 2020 17:44:15 97 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Ordered Too Many Bones Undertow earlier in the week, and it arrived today.

I know it's not cheap, but WOW!
    The compnents are good!
  • Gregolution 28 May 2020 19:40:41 10,006 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Grim Top game. You'll be looking at everything else soon enough :p

I just need my damn trove loot box to fit everything in.
  • Nemesis 28 May 2020 20:19:02 19,711 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    They keep redesigning that box and it gets crazier every time!
  • Nemesis 28 May 2020 20:19:08 19,711 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    In a good way

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.