Following Boardgames anyone? Page 430

Next Last
  • jagg3r 30 Jun 2020 10:01:35 1,345 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    Anyone in for jaws of the lion? Unsurprisingly itís creating some excitement and certainly seems an affordable entry point to the franchise.
    I canít quite find when itís being released, but itís obviously due. I wonder whether the us target exclusive is holding anything else up?
    managed to order two online from target last week (one for a friend). I have a us postal box through the Irish postal services, costs about Ä15-Ä20 for postage from the states which is pretty good, hoping to have it sometime next week. I mainly play solo, so fairly exicited for this , dig the small form factor as original gloomhaven is just too big and daunting for me
  • PazJohnMitch 30 Jun 2020 10:31:12 15,801 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Having comprehensively beaten my wife 5 times in a row at Wingspan there does appear to be some skill to it. Even if it does seem very minor to me.

Unfortunately with this run of wins it does now look unlikely that she will play it again.
  • ChiefGB 30 Jun 2020 17:41:05 12,492 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    In light of the story on the front page about wonderful 101 backers having been charged import taxes.
    Is this a thing for ks board games from abroad then? I assumed Kickstarter shipping fees (high in themselves) and the way these are only distributed this way would somehow be included in this?
    Naive perhaps? Or no reason to worry?
  • Tonka 30 Jun 2020 17:43:52 30,824 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @ChiefGB most Kickstarter campaign are EU friendly (etc) meaning no tax.

They put labels on the campaigns that show which regions will be import tax free.

Look at the little badges on the top graphic of this excellent card game as an example.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pleasantcompanygames/the-dead-eye

Edited by Tonka at 17:45:00 30-06-2020
  • ChiefGB 30 Jun 2020 17:47:21 12,492 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah yes, Iíll pay even closer attention for that In the future, tanks tonks.
    Are we sure that isnít your project 🤣🤣
  • Tonka 30 Jun 2020 17:58:05 30,824 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I'm a proud backer.

It's gotten enough to reach the "hang behind your glasses" 3D glasses level now, so I actually have no reason to pimp it.

Still, would want you lot to miss out on this awesome future classic.
  • ChiefGB 1 Jul 2020 02:40:36 12,492 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I may take a look properly lol.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 1 Jul 2020 13:46:43 32,968 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Stuck a preorder in for Jaws of the Lion.

Iíve got Gloomhaven, but the sheer dread I get thinking about setting it up means I never play it. This looks much more likely to actually get played. The linkable map books are ingenious.
  • Gregolution 1 Jul 2020 20:03:13 10,006 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    new expansion for civ a new dawn. Does this mean I should buy the game?
  • danathjo 2 Jul 2020 12:30:31 8,259 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    No, no it doesn't.
  • Tonka 2 Jul 2020 12:43:58 30,824 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Got my shipping notice for Ride the Rails, which means it will arrive next week.

We're away from home for the weeks starting Saturday...

First time this year.
  • BearFishPie 2 Jul 2020 20:13:38 806 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone else backing Intrepid on KS? Looks like a neat puzzly asymmetric co-op, with a load of dice manipulation (and stress).

Itís by Jeff Beck (not that one - the Burgle Bros co-designer). Iím not particularly in love with the art style, though I appreciate thatís a wholly subjective issue. As long as the graphic design is clean (which it looks like it will be), happy days.
  • Tonka 5 Jul 2020 08:03:05 30,824 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Expansion for Undaunted Normandy and North Africa on the way. Will add co-op and (more importantly) SOLO rules.

https://www.dicebreaker.com/series/undaunted/news/undaunted-expansion-reinforcements-announcement
  • Tonka 5 Jul 2020 08:04:14 30,824 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Also, in other good news, I could change the delivery address of my Ride the Rails copy, so it's on its way to me at my vacation place. Will play it with my brother.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.