Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 3604

• ModoX 3 Jan 2018 16:49:46 3,262 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Zerobob wrote:
    ZuluHero wrote:
    Talking about space films, I saw Passengers the other night and actually quite enjoyed it.
    Yeah I don't understand people's problem with that film. I thought the concept was tight enough and the character's motivations and responses were reasonable. The only massive shame was the derivative 'action movie' ending.
    Wait, it was reasonable she forgives a guy who ruins her life because she looked a bit fit?
  • brokenkey 3 Jan 2018 16:59:05 9,680 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    2old4disshit wrote:
    Can you stop using the word 'exposition' now?
    Why? It describes in one word the thing people are talking about.
    Bravo.
  • Bionic_Pixel 3 Jan 2018 17:03:10 145 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    American Honey 6.5/10

Girl joins a group of misfits, they head off to Kansas. Its no Wizard of Oz. This group of rednecks, drink, smoke, jump across fires, fight and fund their lifestyle selling magazine subscriptions, plus the odd sexual favour, when sales are flat. Has a fly on the wall raw feel. Was this a group of convincing actors, or a bunch of rednecks playing themselves?
  • thelzdking 3 Jan 2018 17:28:15 8,068 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    2old4disshit wrote:
    Can you stop using the word 'exposition' now?
    Why? It describes in one word the thing people are talking about.
    Judging by his past contributions he probably doesn't understand what we mean.

Or maybe he really is too old for that shit.
  • Blakester 3 Jan 2018 17:28:27 4,437 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    ModoX wrote:
    Zerobob wrote:
    ZuluHero wrote:
    Talking about space films, I saw Passengers the other night and actually quite enjoyed it.
    Yeah I don't understand people's problem with that film. I thought the concept was tight enough and the character's motivations and responses were reasonable. The only massive shame was the derivative 'action movie' ending.
    Wait, it was reasonable she forgives a guy who ruins her life because she looked a bit fit?
    I'd love to know how much Andy Garcia got paid for that movie.
  • askew 3 Jan 2018 19:40:46 16,713 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bionic_Pixel wrote:
    American Honey 6.5/10

Has a fly on the wall raw feel. Was this a group of convincing actors, or a bunch of rednecks playing themselves?
    Arf. I believe they are called actors.
  • JoelStinty 4 Jan 2018 18:24:23 6,517 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Paddington

What a delight this is. A light, breezy and funny family film. Perhaps the film is stronger in it's first half, and Nicole kidman's villain is a bit ...meh, but the rest of the film, its upbeat nature and paddington's 'set pieces' as he try to get a grip on human life over rule those little nit picks.

Look forward to seeing the second!

5/5
  • Dougs 4 Jan 2018 22:43:50 85,707 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    It's even better imo!
  • retro74 4 Jan 2018 22:58:47 2,334 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Must be a 6 out of 5 then!

I love the scores on this thread :)
  • spindle9988 5 Jan 2018 09:09:38 4,724 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted
  • spindle9988 5 Jan 2018 09:09:58 4,724 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    spindle9988 wrote:
    ModoX wrote:
    Zerobob wrote:
    ZuluHero wrote:
    I found the character extemely selfish and a bit kidnappy so couldn't get on with it.

Life 7.5/10

Much better than I was expecting and pisses all over the last 2 alien films.
    Edited by spindle9988 at 09:36:47 05-01-2018
  • Mola_Ram 5 Jan 2018 09:18:24 17,930 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Passengers... more like, Stockholm Syndrome, am I right.
  • JoelStinty 5 Jan 2018 09:57:32 6,517 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    FIX
  • Chug666 5 Jan 2018 10:29:43 428 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thor (the first one)

I lost interest in marvel movies pretty early on but really enjoyed this- silly and fun without too much self important guff, and what self important guff there was was camp enough to be entertaining. Maybe I was just in the right mood.

7/10
  • Derblington 6 Jan 2018 01:57:31 30,856 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Detroit - 8/10.

FN-2187 can act. It's a good film about a nasty event that made me feel uncomfortable throughout.
    Kathryn Bigelow is quite the director with a range of work that's fantastic and somewhat unique for a woman in Hollywood. She's not done that much considering an almost 40 year career but everything I've seen (6 total) I've enjoyed.
  • DUFFMAN5 6 Jan 2018 08:30:19 23,011 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    retro74 wrote:
    Must be a 6 out of 5 then!

I love the scores on this thread :)
    I think you will find in one of the only brethren who actually score correctly...looks up at thread title.

My response is 70/100 ;)
  • StarchildHypocrethes 6 Jan 2018 09:13:23 31,610 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    John Wick 2 - 7.5/10

That was pretty cool. More enjoyable than the first one overall. I swooned more at Keanu in this.
  • evild_edd 6 Jan 2018 13:22:46 3,939 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mad Max: Fury Road

I enjoyed it for the spectacle, and the over-the-top madness of it all (the dude playing the guitar!!!?!)

My wife wondered aloud whether it was a joke film about half way through... At that point I'd discovered that she'd never seen a MM film. I'm planning on showing her MM2 ASAP.

Should'veseenitatthecinema/10
  • macmurphy 6 Jan 2018 15:01:16 3,080 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hostiles

Christian Bale, Rosamund Pike and Wes Studi in a Western.

Itís a good movie, Baleís very good. Itís more about genocide and war and the possibility of redemption.

Good but not great, thereís a few points that didnít quite ring true that I canít spolier in my phone.

Very worth a watch. I think any movie with American landscapes and horses gets a 5/10, this had some great moments in amongst the average, so itís

8/10.
  • JoelStinty 6 Jan 2018 16:17:53 6,517 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Chug666 wrote:
    Thor (the first one)

I lost interest in marvel movies pretty early on but really enjoyed this- silly and fun without too much self important guff, and what self important guff there was was camp enough to be entertaining. Maybe I was just in the right mood.

7/10
    Out of all the early marvel movies i think Thor is probably my favourite too. Pretty much for the reasons you listed and the chemistry between Hemsworth and Portman. Basically the film as a lot more character than the other early movies. Imo anyway and that goes a long way.
  • richarddavies 6 Jan 2018 16:20:46 6,212 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah there is some good action in the first one.

• Zerobob 6 Jan 2018 18:37:22 2,064 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ModoX wrote:
    Zerobob wrote:
    ZuluHero wrote:
    Well her initial reaction wasn't to forgive him. Initially she was extremely angry and disturbed by what he'd done, as you'd expect. I thought she eventually forgave him because

a) she realised if he hadn't woken her up there wouldn't have been enough people available in order to execute the plan to save everybody on the ship, so she made peace with the idea that he'd "ruined her life" because, in fact, he'd unwittingly saved her life and everyone else's on the ship, and basically chalked it up to fate, and

b) she could still make a good life for herself on the ship and, as an author, it would give her the perfect story to write for people to remember her by, which was seemingly her main goal in life.

She may have also empathised with the fact that Chris Pratt's character was facing a lifetime completely alone, going slowly insane, and eventually admitted to herself that she might have been pushed to do the same thing in his position.
  • MadCaddy13 6 Jan 2018 18:45:58 2,892 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    evild_edd wrote:
    Mad Max: Fury Road

I enjoyed it for the spectacle, and the over-the-top madness of it all (the dude playing the guitar!!!?!)

My wife wondered aloud whether it was a joke film about half way through... At that point I'd discovered that she'd never seen a MM film. I'm planning on showing her MM2 ASAP.

Should'veseenitatthecinema/10
    Quite ironic as this is the one and only film Iíve seen more than once at the cinema!
  • Jyzzy-Z 6 Jan 2018 18:50:08 3,272 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I really wish I'd seen that at an IMAX or even a regular cinema. It's the best action film I've seen in decades.
  • retro74 6 Jan 2018 22:26:42 2,334 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Spider-Man Homecoming

I was looking forward to this, I seem to remember reading that it was quite good

It wasn't good, it was boring as fuck with terrible characters and very few interesting bits. Predictable, quite annoying and the presence of an animated protagonist throughout ruined any premise that real peril was involved

37/100
  • Derblington 6 Jan 2018 23:24:11 30,856 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Tom Holland actually did a lot of the Spider-Man stuff himself, along with stunt men.

But if an animated protagonist bothers you, Iíd question why youíd watch any superhero stuff?
  • Zomoniac 7 Jan 2018 00:05:33 9,687 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Moonlight

That was some very heavy going, and emotionally draining. Loved it, but itís hard work.

92/100
  • RelaxedMikki 7 Jan 2018 00:36:11 2,628 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sisters.

It's on Netflix, somewhere near the bottom of the barrel.

American comedy about two sisters in their 40s who throw a house party.

Gentle drugs, sex, bum and race gags.

I have a very low tolerence for 21st Century American comedies. But this was actually OK. A few funny bits.

59/100

Edited by RelaxedMikki at 00:37:18 07-01-2018
  • europeanbob 7 Jan 2018 01:08:03 220 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fish Tank - 9/10

Really enjoyed it. Reminded me a little of Goodbye Charlie Bright. The actress who plays the lead is brilliant, shame we haven't seen her in anything else since it came out (as far as I'm aware?)

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.