Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 3668

• Sharz 8 May 2018 08:33:56 1,811 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Valerian and the city of a thousand planets.

Nice and simple, fits into the enjoyable tosh category. Terrible script, ok ish special effects and some leaps of logic. But hey atleast it is colorful. Would probably rate it higher if I could understand the relationship sub plot. But asking someone to marry you who literally two scenes ago said they can't stand you just doesn't work.

4/10
  • Tomo 8 May 2018 15:52:03 15,881 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Sharz wrote:
    Would probably rate it higher if I could understand the relationship sub plot.

:D
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 8 May 2018 15:55:42 13,888 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Trying to get through all 146 Marvel films so I can watch the new one.

Doctor Strange

Shit character and Rumbledict Stumblebatch or whatever the fuck he's called is not a good actor. And his face bothers me on a few different levels.

4/10

Thor: Ragnarok

Some ugly CGI aside this was great. Probably the best Marvel film for me. Jeff Goldblum was great but Korg stole the show.

9/10
  • Sharz 8 May 2018 16:30:06 1,811 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Tomo wrote:
    Sharz wrote:

Just to be clear, it's not that I want a relationship sub plot in my sci-fi. But rather if you are going to have one it should atleast make sense.
  • thelzdking 8 May 2018 16:32:55 7,822 posts
    Seen 54 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I would like to have a relationship with Cara Delevignes sub-plot.
  • askew 8 May 2018 17:31:37 16,590 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Sharz wrote:
    Tomo wrote:
    Sharz wrote:

Just to be clear, it's not that I want a relationship sub plot in my sci-fi. But rather if you are going to have one it should atleast make sense.
    Whoosh?
  • thelzdking 8 May 2018 17:41:41 7,822 posts
    Seen 54 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What the hell is Sharz?
  • challenge_hanukkah 8 May 2018 17:43:24 6,349 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    What the hell is Sharz?
    A belkin with corrupt firmware.
  • thelzdking 8 May 2018 17:44:24 7,822 posts
    Seen 54 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    thelzdking wrote:
    What the hell is Sharz?
    A belkin with corrupt firmware.
    Glol
  • Tomo 9 May 2018 00:50:12 15,881 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Wolf Creek 2 - 7/10

Nasty, really fucking nasty outback horror. Really dark sense of humour running through it. Not quite as good as the first, but a decent follow-up. The final quiz scene was brilliant though, not seen anything quite like that in a horror flick before. The very final text epilogue was totally rubbish though. Complete cop out.

Edited by Tomo at 00:50:26 09-05-2018
  • David_Richardson 9 May 2018 01:53:22 1,078 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    Trying to get through all 146 Marvel films so I can watch the new one.

Doctor Strange

Shit character and Rumbledict Stumblebatch or whatever the fuck he's called is not a good actor. And his face bothers me on a few different levels.

4/10

Thor: Ragnarok

Some ugly CGI aside this was great. Probably the best Marvel film for me. Jeff Goldblum was great but Korg stole the show.

9/10
    The bottom with the pinnacle.

With hindsight, I'm starting to believe that Strange is the worst film they have produced given the experience gained since Thor 2 and Iron Man 3. So bland that it's almost offensive, and relying on Inception-like imagery to carry an entirely unnecessary origin story and a narrative that offered nothing until the final 20 minutes. That Strange as a character is so much more interesting in IW says it all.

Ragnarok is an absolute delight and continues Waititi's streak of films that should be seen by the largest audience possible. It just so happens to be a MCU film also. The man is a treasure and needs to be left alone to do whatever he wants.
  • David_Richardson 9 May 2018 01:55:17 1,078 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Oh, and Deep Blue Sea 2 is an absolute disgrace. It lives solely off the good, B-movie name of the original and even replicates some scenes entirely. Genuinely awful.

2/10 because 1 seems harsh.

Edited by David_Richardson at 01:55:59 09-05-2018

Edited by David_Richardson at 01:56:12 09-05-2018
  • MadCaddy13 9 May 2018 06:18:06 2,882 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thor Ragnarock

Watched this last Saturday, was going to watch IW but thought weíd better watch this first.
    Firstly, good film and everything but Iím a fan of the whole Planet Hulk comic series. This film loosely uses this premise. I kind of wish they did this properly but hey ho.

It definitely feels like a step away from the usual Marvel stuff (copying GotG of course though). Mark Ruffalo I felt was not right for this film but he had to be in it I guess.
    And what is with Hulks auto-tuned voice? It was horrible.

I loved the fact Korg was in it - would of liked to see the rest of the gang though but as mentioned, itís not a planet hulk film so...
    Didnít expect Korg to be like that! He was funny as hell though

Faults aside I did enjoy it

80/100

Edited by MadCaddy13 at 06:18:32 09-05-2018
  • sirtacos 10 May 2018 00:38:20 8,029 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Avengors Infinity Wars

I like to shit on Marvel films as much as anyone - recent output like Ragganarock, Age of Ultran, Guardians 2 and Civil War bored the shit out of me - but I really enjoyed Infinity War. Despite the huge cast and the sheer amount of stuff going on, it's not a bloated mess. It's well edited, solidly written, has a decent villain and the banter mostly doesn't fall flat.

Along with Spideyboy Homecoming, Capitan America Winter Solder and Black Painter, this is definitely one of the best Marvel films to date.

8/10

Edited by sirtacos at 02:06:34 10-05-2018
  • Mola_Ram 10 May 2018 06:20:02 17,777 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mom and Dad

It's about a weird radio static sound that gives parents an irresistible urge to kill their children. The main parents in the movie are played by Selma Blair and Nicholas Cage.

If those two sentences haven't already sold you the movie, then it's probably not for you.

8.8/10
  • dominalien 10 May 2018 07:46:37 8,550 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I used to like Selma Blair, but now she just reminds me of the awful Hellboy films and I canít get past that. So itís probably not for me, though it sounds delightful.
  • captbirdseye 10 May 2018 09:19:22 8,500 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's Nic Cage turned up to 11. I really enjoyed it.
  • Mola_Ram 10 May 2018 09:50:30 17,777 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, Nic Cage is the more crucial part of the equation. Which is no knock on Blair, she's just not Nic Cage.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 10 May 2018 11:03:55 6,502 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Annihilation

Second viewing. Going in knowing the end it really feels like a different more meditative film.

Pushing Arrival for best sci-fi film of the last few years/possibly decade for me.
  • anephric 10 May 2018 11:25:11 2,877 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    sirtacos wrote:
    Black Painter
    This sounds intriguing, is it from the 70s? Does it have Paul Barber competing with Robin Askwith for a home decorating patch and un-PC shenanigans ensue? With a cameo by a racist Spike Milligan?
  • Games_Should_Be_Fun 10 May 2018 11:46:54 4 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    3 Billboards

Amazing acting. A funny, emotionally charged and sometimes violent story of loss and hope. But everyone has already seen it so you know how good it is. 100/100
  • Load_2.0 10 May 2018 12:50:28 26,617 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    anephric wrote:
    sirtacos wrote:
    Black Painter
    This sounds intriguing, is it from the 70s? Does it have Paul Barber competing with Robin Askwith for a home decorating patch and un-PC shenanigans ensue? With a cameo by a racist Spike Milligan?
    Black Painter is a seminal 60's film documenting the Rolling Stones recording Aftermath at RCA studios in Hollywood.
  • brokenkey 10 May 2018 15:16:31 9,633 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Black Panther is an awful film.

Clarification. Its a nice bit of film making, but the plot is pathetic.

Edited by brokenkey at 15:18:05 10-05-2018
  • Dougs 10 May 2018 16:06:04 85,501 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Well, it is a Marvel film.
  • anephric 10 May 2018 20:56:44 2,877 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What's Black Panther? Is it like Black Painter? Does Linda Bellingham get her tits out?
  • anephric 10 May 2018 21:06:53 2,877 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Den of Thieves

Imagine you're a 14-year-old compulsive masturbator (I can, quite easily) that has seen Heat too many times and doesn't really understand anything in that film other than BANG BANG OOH TITS AND ROBBERS. Imagine that you owe Gerry Butler money, when he subbed you at the bookies that one time, ya wee baw bag.

Imagine that when you write the script, you have to have sexy prostitutes and bodybuilding bros in every other scene. Someone tells you 50 Cent would be good in that role, and you agree that would be a really good idea. Imagine then, ooh, you want to have a really shite twist because you also saw The Usual Suspects in between wanks and that was cool.

For some reason, they're already making a sequel. The mystery of Gerry Butler's enduring career in Hollywood continues, violently removed from any sense of merit and decency.

Ploppy Poo Pants/100
  • RyanDS 10 May 2018 21:18:59 11,807 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    brokenkey wrote:
    Black Panther is an awful film.

Clarification. Its a nice bit of film making, but the plot is pathetic.
    One thing to realise is that it has nothing to do with Africa. It is the African American version of Africa. It was fucking weird as someone who grew up in Africa loving to finally see my home get some love but also seeing it through a fucking American lens which was just.... both good and bad.
  • Tonka 11 May 2018 08:32:48 27,853 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Not only is it an African American idea of Africa, it's an African American idea of a fictional secret comic book country in Africa.

I remember when the first Thor film came out and everyone kept saying "Wow, this Norse religion is so cool!" or "I can't believe the Vikings worshipped aliens"

It felt like I had to spend months saying "Dude, it's fucking Marvel, not a history book."
  • nickthegun 11 May 2018 08:46:33 73,592 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nobody said that. Most people laughed at how Marvel tied themselves in knots making the Asgardians 'sufficiently advanced aliens' rather than facing the headache of making them de facto gods.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.