Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 3670

• the_milkybar_kid 14 May 2018 11:02:57 6,885 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Baby Driver.

Was pretty good. The cuts during the car chase scenes easier to follow than films that are really badly cut so you can't tell what the hell was going on, just wish there were more of them. I'm less willing to sit through a film if it doesn't grab my attention these days, I could have had a good few hours on my PS4 which I haven't had the time for due to kids / being too tired, but watched this instead. Syncing everything with the music was a nice touch.

8/10.

Edited by the_milkybar_kid at 11:05:39 14-05-2018
  • Tonka 14 May 2018 12:15:17 27,853 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    What we do in the shadows
    Mockumentary about a den of vampires in New Zeeland. Made by the guy who made the excellent Hunt for the Wilderpeople and it shows. It has the same warm kind of humour and absurdities.

After about 15 minutes I thought "OK, this is cute but how far can he go with this premise?" Pretty far it turned out. Full of unexpected twists and turns.

I enjoyed it (but it aint a match for Hunt for the Wilderpeople in my book)

Might even consider watching THOR RagnarŲk now.
  • JiveHound 14 May 2018 12:19:28 9,423 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I need to watch wilderpeople as WWDITS is fucking brilliant.

As for Baby Driver, I was actually pretty disappointed with it. The ending felt like a cop out and the lead just lacked something for me. Charisma possibly.

I expected more after the hype. Scott Pilgrim remains Wright's best work for me.
  • thelzdking 14 May 2018 12:25:30 7,822 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    What we do in the shadows
    Mockumentary about a den of vampires in New Zeeland. Made by the guy who made the excellent Hunt for the Wilderpeople and it shows. It has the same warm kind of humour and absurdities.

After about 15 minutes I thought "OK, this is cute but how far can he go with this premise?" Pretty far it turned out. Full of unexpected twists and turns.

I enjoyed it (but it aint a match for Hunt for the Wilderpeople in my book)

Might even consider watching THOR RagnarŲk now.
    Do it, it's the most worthwhile Marvel film I've seen by a long way. Watch Boy as well.

Edited by thelzdking at 12:26:12 14-05-2018
  • Tonka 14 May 2018 13:47:20 27,853 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    JiveHound wrote:

As for Baby Driver, I was actually pretty disappointed with it. The ending felt like a cop out and the lead just lacked something for me. Charisma possibly.

I expected more after the hype. Scott Pilgrim remains Wright's best work for me.
    Since I fully agree with your opinions on Baby Driver and Scot Pilgrim you havea high chance of liking Hunt for the Wilderpeople.

It's not a comedy though. A straight feel good moovie. But it has the funniest scene I've ever seen in a movie. Glad I didn't watch it at the cinema cause I laughed so hard and long I had to pause and calm down.
  • Mola_Ram 14 May 2018 13:52:03 17,777 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I liked Baby Driver more than Scott Pilgrim. In that, while I didn't exactly *like* the lead character in Baby Driver, I didn't spend the majority of the movie wanting to punch him.
  • thelzdking 14 May 2018 13:59:40 7,822 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    JiveHound wrote:

Since I fully agree with your opinions on Baby Driver and Scot Pilgrim you havea high chance of liking Hunt for the Wilderpeople.

It's not a comedy though. A straight feel good moovie. But it has the funniest scene I've ever seen in a movie. Glad I didn't watch it at the cinema cause I laughed so hard and long I had to pause and calm down.
    Coke Zero?
  • Youmans 14 May 2018 14:01:53 2 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 2 weeks ago
    Terminal (2018)
  • JamboWayOh 14 May 2018 14:03:39 6,847 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I like this guy. Brief and to the point.
  • Jono62 14 May 2018 14:23:52 19,872 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's the anti-beastmaster.
  • captbirdseye 14 May 2018 14:35:00 8,500 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Youmans Is that you Superbob?
  • challenge_hanukkah 14 May 2018 14:39:36 6,349 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yous the man Yousmans.
  • Tonka 14 May 2018 18:31:06 27,853 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    Tonka wrote:
    you havea high chance of liking Hunt for the Wilderpeople.

Coke Zero?
    Yep.
  • beastmaster 14 May 2018 18:37:29 18,187 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Youmans wrote:
    Terminal (2018)
    I really want to see this but Iíve heard itís truly awful. Your review was quite...terminal.
  • beastmaster 14 May 2018 21:03:57 18,187 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Killing Gunther - 2/10

"From the mind of Tram Killam" the trailer boasts. I don't know who the fuck this guy is but he obviously thinks he's way fucking smarter, cleverer and funnier than his fucking is, as I think this film is fucking shit!

They say all the best bits are in the trailer. No fucking kidding! Almost ALL the fucking Arnie bits are in the fucking trailer! He shows up for about 7 minutes towards the end. Tops.

I don't think it's a bad idea for a film. A Spinal Tap style mockumentary following a group of hitman as they try to find and kill the legendary hitman Gunther. But...well...none of the jokes are funny. At all.

HOWEVER...

It has Arnie giving it all over the end credits singing Country and Western. And here it is. The Austrian Oak sings Earthquake Love. Fucking brilliant!!! :)

• Your-Mother 14 May 2018 23:18:46 1,456 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Fucking fucking fucking right fuck fuck right fuck fuck something it's a fucking fuck fuck

7/10
  • JiveHound 15 May 2018 01:39:51 9,423 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    JiveHound wrote:

It's been on my list for an age but I had no idea it was the same guy. Shall watch post haste.
  • JiveHound 15 May 2018 01:44:54 9,423 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    I liked Baby Driver more than Scott Pilgrim. In that, while I didn't exactly *like* the lead character in Baby Driver, I didn't spend the majority of the movie wanting to punch him.
    Scott is supposed to be a douche, whereas Baby is supposed to be a straight up likeable hero but I could see someone getting that but still finding the former irritating.

For me it is one of the most joyous celebrations of video game culture consigned to film as well being Wright's best form of visual story telling so far. Baby Driver felt a bit gimmicky to me in contrast.
  • Mola_Ram 15 May 2018 01:54:16 17,777 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It didn't help that Pilgrim had all the charisma of a wet fish. As did his girlfriend. I guess they were made for each other after all?

I'm also not a fan of Michael Cera's characters in general, so there's another thing. I have similar problems with characters played by Jesse Eisenberg.
  • dominalien 15 May 2018 05:27:43 8,550 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Intrigued by Tomoís Wolf Creek 2 review a couple of pages back...

Wolf Creek

They say itís a horror film, but it really isnít. Itís all done so very matter-of-factly thereís no tension, even though the things it shows (and especially the bigger picture it paints) are truly horrific. I think I liked it very much, but for now Iím satisfied with what Iíve seen and wonít be going for WC2 soon.

7/10
  • challenge_hanukkah 15 May 2018 05:44:49 6,349 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Your-Mother wrote:
    Fucking fucking fucking right fuck fuck right fuck fuck something it's a fucking fuck fuck

7/10
    It wasn't as good as the original.
  • DUFFMAN5 15 May 2018 07:22:20 22,834 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Prisoners & End of Watch

Had a Jake Gillygallyhaal double on Sunday! (no mention of BBM please;) )

Prisoners was good, Hugh put in a good turn as did the afore mentioned JG. A thriller about two girls being kindnapped and held prisoner...I see what they did there! it also explores what you might do or not do if you thought you had caught the "perp"
    70%

End of Watch
    Second time seeing and I love the film. We are basically following two beat cops (Michael PeŮa and Jake Gyllenhaa)l on their shift over several days/weeks/months in Central LA. All the while them also recording events on their cameras. During their watch we see them get involved albeit not on purpose, with a Mexican cartel.
    90%
  • JiveHound 15 May 2018 11:32:47 9,423 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    It didn't help that Pilgrim had all the charisma of a wet fish. As did his girlfriend. I guess they were made for each other after all?

I'm also not a fan of Michael Cera's characters in general, so there's another thing. I have similar problems with characters played by Jesse Eisenberg.
    Yeah, that's fair enough.
  • The_Goon 15 May 2018 11:46:54 850 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    the_milkybar_kid wrote:
    Baby Driver.

Was pretty good. The cuts during the car chase scenes easier to follow than films that are really badly cut so you can't tell what the hell was going on, just wish there were more of them. I'm less willing to sit through a film if it doesn't grab my attention these days, I could have had a good few hours on my PS4 which I haven't had the time for due to kids / being too tired, but watched this instead. Syncing everything with the music was a nice touch.

8/10.
    Just finished this on my commute this morning. I enjoyed it but feel it could have been a lot better. The music didn't really get me in the way that I loved the GotG soundtrack or others, and I could have done with a bit more of the driving because the driving in the opening sequence was awesome. Not sure I would recommend over other movies around necessarily but it is a thousand times better than Drive in any case.

Anyone else feel a little uncomfortable watching stuff with Spacey et al. now? Can we watch/listen to stuff from molesters, rapists, abusers etc. without conscience? I felt stupid thinking it but the fact Spacey was in the movie made me a little uncomfortable.
  • The_Goon 15 May 2018 11:49:08 850 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    End of Watch
    Second time seeing and I love the film. We are basically following two beat cops (Michael PeŮa and Jake Gyllenhaa)l on their shift over several days/weeks/months in Central LA. All the while them also recording events on their cameras. During their watch we see them get involved albeit not on purpose, with a Mexican cartel.
    90%
    I really enjoy Michael Pena's stuff. He does comedy bloody well, and has the chops for the more serious stuff too in my opinion.
  • JYM60 16 May 2018 12:38:18 17,516 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    Intrigued by Tomoís Wolf Creek 2 review a couple of pages back...

Wolf Creek

They say itís a horror film, but it really isnít. Itís all done so very matter-of-factly thereís no tension, even though the things it shows (and especially the bigger picture it paints) are truly horrific. I think I liked it very much, but for now Iím satisfied with what Iíve seen and wonít be going for WC2 soon.

7/10
    This confuses me. I haven't watched it for a long time, but from what I remember I really liked it (because I'm a big horror fan) and it was a fairly standard horror film.
  • JamboWayOh 16 May 2018 12:47:57 6,847 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I didn't even find that scary tbh. Although I remember my housemate at uni watched it on a date and had to leave the cinema because it was too scary.
  • mrpon 16 May 2018 20:28:50 34,371 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The date?
  • JamboWayOh 16 May 2018 20:37:47 6,847 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Probably, he was a proper double glazed window at times.
  • Tomo 16 May 2018 21:44:07 15,881 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I'm quite keen to watch Wolf Creek again having watched the second. I do remember it being pretty harrowing and wonder if it still has that impact.

The second is definitely worth a watch if you liked the first. Like Aliens to Alien, kinda thing.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.