Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 3692

• Deleted user 5 July 2018 14:46:21
    Good thing I watched Collateral before finding out that Cruise's ex-wife Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx are now dating. Don't think I could have separated fact from fiction every time Cruise gives Foxx a murderous look.
  • IronGiant 5 Jul 2018 16:14:05 5,821 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Addyb_V2 wrote:
    Ready player one.

Thought it was all a bit meh really and felt like switching it off half way through. Iron giant saved it from being a total shitshow.

6/10
    I did my best ;)
  • beastmaster 5 Jul 2018 16:18:05 18,818 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (3D IMAX) - 8/10

Very surprised by this. I think it's much, much better than the previous film, which I thought was poor. For me this is the second best one after the original Jurassic Park.

There are a lot of similarities between this and The Lost World. Without going into too much detail, I think you'll be familiar with certain parts of the film.

They changed director for this film and got in J.A. Bayona (A Monster Calls, The Impossible) and I think he a brilliant choice. He really knows how to crank up the tension. The opening ten minutes are superb. I really did enjoy a lot of the set pieces in this film. A proper summer popcorn flick if ever there was one.

What I did find really interesting is the direction the film went. Anyone worried that they've been the entire film from the trailers need not worry. That's probably about the first half of the film. Then it goes off into a much different direction...and it kind of doesn't.

Director J.A. Bayona also did The Orphanage, which I thought was an excellent horror film. He definitely brings some of that to this film. It's got some great moments of tension and a couple of great jump scares.

I do think the film has got one big, almighty problem though. However, I was having a lot of fun and it didn't bother me anywhere near as much as it should have done. Characters making utterly stupid decisions which go against all logic in order to drive the plot forward. This is probably one of the worst films I've seen for it. Really dumb, stupid things that I simply couldn't believe happened and the film's littered with them. Especially in the second half.

As I mentioned above, those didn't stop me from really enjoying myself. Perhaps because my expectation levels were very low going into it. Another thing I really enjoyed was this film made the T-Rex formidable again.

Edited by beastmaster at 16:36:56 05-07-2018
  • fontgeeksogood 5 Jul 2018 18:42:41 3,747 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    All the characters were stupid and unbelievable to make the flimsy plot make sense

8/10

Never change, beasty
  • Deleted user 5 July 2018 18:44:21
    IronGiant wrote:
    Addyb_V2 wrote:
    Ready player one.

Thought it was all a bit meh really and felt like switching it off half way through. Iron giant saved it from being a total shitshow.

6/10
    I did my best ;)
    You were the highlight in a mostly forgettable couldn't get invested in geeky film.
  • ChiefGB 6 Jul 2018 09:14:12 9,769 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah it all just devolved into a cgi shitshow towards the end. Big clashing noise and that stuff usually doesn't bother me but it felt very vapid in rp1.
  • RelaxedMikki 6 Jul 2018 09:44:31 2,986 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lady Bird

I liked this a lot. It is basically a mumble core version of High School Musical.

There is no great plot, but there is plenty of perfectly observed dialog and the key mother-daughter relationship is really well performed. The whole movie feels "real" without trying too hard to be "realistic", if that makes sense.

Recommended 82/100
  • Tomo 7 Jul 2018 12:01:48 16,180 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    The Body - 4/10

Hokey Spanish-mystery about a woman whose body disappears from the morgue. Pretty dull and the ending is completely over-explained and pretty lame to boot.
  • ModoX 8 Jul 2018 11:31:39 3,378 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RelaxedMikki wrote:
    Lady Bird

I liked this a lot. It is basically a mumble core version of High School Musical.

There is no great plot, but there is plenty of perfectly observed dialog and the key mother-daughter relationship is really well performed. The whole movie feels "real" without trying too hard to be "realistic", if that makes sense.

Recommended 82/100
    We watched this recently and really enjoyed it. Really felt like that mother was a mess and doing her best to completely ruin the kid though.
  • Load_2.0 8 Jul 2018 12:05:59 28,293 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Geostorm.

Bad. 2/10
  • beastmaster 8 Jul 2018 14:36:37 18,818 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Ocean's 8 - 3/10

Oh dear. What a shitshow!

One of the worst films I've seen this year. There's so much wrong with it. I had brief hopes that this film would not be terrible as it does have have a decent cast. There's no way the film could be THAT bad with that cast. Right?

Wrong!

I don't know if the film was trying to do it's own thing but the style and the way it's shot just seems like an extremely poor Channel 5 imitation film. Ok, I can understand the filmmakers wanting to do their own thing and try to make this something a bit different but it's not. I don't think there's anything new here at all. Did all the budget go into paying the star salaries and nothing on the script and production values?

The film does have a decent cast. It also features Rihanna who is always reliably terrible. I think almost everybody else is just as bad and completely wasted. Cate Blanchett is given nothing to do as are most of the cast. It's mostly Sandra Bullock and she sleepwalked through the role and almost sent mew to sleep.

The film does have one saving grace and that's Anne Hathaway. I think she stands out a mile in this film. She's got that star power quality that the rest of the cast are seemingly void of in this film. The film only ever gets good when she's on-screen which is sadly nowhere near enough.

Even the no surprise cameos which tie this film onto all the other Ocean's films are dull. Avoid.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 8 Jul 2018 14:49:23 17,182 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I can't believe they went with Rihanna. She's no Whoopi Goldberg.
  • alt-cmd-esc 8 Jul 2018 14:58:13 275 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Burn The Place You Hide

Music documentary about a Norwegian singer songwriter called Thomas Hansen. Knew nothing about it in advance, but really enjoyed the film and found it very moving. Available on Amazon Prime, and well worth a watch.

8/10

Edited by alt-cmd-esc at 16:56:24 08-07-2018
  • Tomo 8 Jul 2018 16:49:49 16,180 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Hereditary - 8/10

Wtf did I just watch... 0_o

Not quite as good as I'd expected, although the media hype was off the charts for this. Not particularly frightening, but gradually cranks up the weirdness to absurd, which was very enjoyable. A good flick for repeat viewing too. Toni Collette deserves an Oscar nomination at the very least, as does the son.
  • mangojoe 8 Jul 2018 16:51:20 2,153 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oceans 8

5.5/10

I really didn't think it was awful. I wasn't ever bored but it's extremely forgettable.
  • MadCaddy13 8 Jul 2018 20:42:26 2,996 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sweet Virginia

Good little film.
    Jon Bernthal stars as a motel manager caught up in some business with a woman who owes this slightly unhinged hitman.

70/100
  • MadCaddy13 8 Jul 2018 20:45:34 2,996 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wind River

I did enjoy this, nicely slow paced story, I do usually like Jeremy Renee especially when heís not slinging arrows at aliens.

80/100
  • Keivz 8 Jul 2018 21:20:43 2 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    A Quiet Place.

71/100

Novel ideal. Execution was a bit lackluster. Too many dumb decisions by the characters. Have a hard time taking John Krasinski seriously even with the beard. Wasnít terrible though. Pacing was decent, it kept my attention, and it ended when it should have.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 8 Jul 2018 21:22:15 17,182 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    A Quiet Place

Was always going to struggle to live up to the hype it's been getting but yeah it was good. I couldn't really stop the nagging feeling in my head that the whole premise didn't really work but the film itself was very well put together. Will be interested to see what the office guy does next.

RECOMENNDED
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 8 Jul 2018 21:27:01 17,182 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Keivz do you have a little clone that you take around with you?
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 8 Jul 2018 21:45:10 17,182 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'd just like to point out to everyone that that was a mini keivz joke. That's mini keivz.
  • anephric 8 Jul 2018 21:52:52 3,013 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I hate to be a pahty poopa but I was really disappointed by A Quiet Place: it was quite brave in its approach but the premise just fell to bits at the merest prod. I must have a faulty sense of wonder.
  • fontgeeksogood 8 Jul 2018 21:54:09 3,747 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Decks wrote:
    I'd just like to point out to everyone that that was a mini keivz joke. That's mini keivz.
    Didn't work for me, that one Clive

18/100
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 8 Jul 2018 21:54:47 17,182 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Fuck you, that's a good fucking joke. Mini keivz.
  • Khanivor 8 Jul 2018 21:58:59 43,941 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Iíve heard bad things about him. Like, heís a chicken, keivz
  • neems 8 Jul 2018 22:05:40 4,204 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Decks

I'll be honest it took me a moment, but the lol did eventually come. Let's call it 8/10 for concept, but 4/10 for execution. The payoff did elevate it slightly, so I'll go above the average and give it a (generous) 7.

Recommended, but only for fans of the genre.

Edited by neems at 22:06:34 08-07-2018
  • Load_2.0 8 Jul 2018 22:12:25 28,293 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Well I'm not happy.

What if we have new user named quiche?

Feels like we could have waited.
  • fontgeeksogood 8 Jul 2018 22:17:34 3,747 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    The surprise from me is that mini kievs made it to Newcastle like.

"Why aye Decks man, something in the middle of me turkey twizzler man, gan get the village elder and wor witch doctor like"
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 8 Jul 2018 22:38:17 17,182 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    You're living in America's Scotland.
  • fontgeeksogood 9 Jul 2018 05:08:18 3,747 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    If the USA got to the WC semi final I'd go Full Ecosse

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.