Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 3781

• beastmaster 5 Dec 2018 11:20:17 18,818 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Watched these on 4K HDR. All are excellent quality transfers imo.

Rambo: First Blood - 10/10

"Don't push it". One of Stallone's best films.

Rambo: First Blood Part 2 - 9/10

"You wish to test your strength? Good!'

I can't take this film too seriously after seeing Charlie Sheen use a chicken as an arrow. I was waiting for the moment with the explosive bow being shot into the gunship but that didn't arrive till...

Rambo 3 - 8/10

"You wish to test me? Good!"

Rambo joins the Taliban and takes on the evil Ruskies.

Rambo 4 isn 't out on 4K HDR yet. Different distributor but I'm sure it'll arrive soon enough. Stallone is currently filming Last Blood and the set photos see him in cowboy swagger. Which is kind of interesting as his film Homefront was an abandoned Rambo script. That was sort of cowboy but not really.

Creed 2 tonight. Looking forward to it.

Edited by beastmaster at 13:54:30 05-12-2018
  • KnuttinAtoll 5 Dec 2018 11:28:19 6,412 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rambo (4) has the best action, while First Blood is the best drama.

From 2 I only remember that sweaty guy, and from 3 that awesome non-Russian Russian chopper.
  • Bionic_Pixel 5 Dec 2018 11:36:56 176 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Batman & Robin

Quite a spectacle. Arnold's wooden acting skills suite Mr. Freeze perfectly. Ignore the 1/10 reviews on IMDb, as the film has alot to offer. Like most super hero films, the stories are never all that.
  • RyanDS 5 Dec 2018 11:41:46 12,275 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fearless Hyena

I didn't realise there were any Jackie Chan (or Jacky Chan as this movie is credited) films I hadn't seen. Apparently this was his directoral debut, he deliberately made it even more comical than normal as a push back against the people trying to mold him into the next Bruce Lee. Just arrived on Netflix.

Utter crap and yet so utterly brilliant. Like a lot of his movies. The choreography is superb, some action scenes go on far too long, the acting is tosh, the story is... well I think there is a story and Jackie Chan gurns his way through. A few scenes that really stood out, notably the whole chopsticks fight that Kung Fu Panda pretty much redid wholesale.

Probably a 7/10, or maybe a 10/10, or maybe a 6/10. It really depends on whether you find the silliness endearing or takes you out of the movie.

Also it has the best worst dubbing ever. Having all characters dubbed by English twits with bad upper class accents is amazing.
  • beastmaster 6 Dec 2018 09:30:28 18,818 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Creed 2 - 8/10

Excellent sequel which packs as much of an emotional punch as an entertaining one. About as good as a sequel could possibly be and I think it's on a par with the original.

As well as being Creed 2, I think it's Rocky IV 2. Yep, it's son of Drago vs son of Creed. What I've always loved about the Rocky series is that the boxing, as excellent staged as it is, is almost incidental to the story of the characters. I don't think this is any different.

The acting is superb from everyone and I really cared about the characters and what happened to them. The biggest feat was getting an excellent performance out of Dolph Lundgren as Ivan Drago. I was surprised how good he was in this.

This film had everything I wanted from it. Great performances and characters, as good a plot as you could get, a training montage, superbly staged fights and punches that sound like someone getting hit with a sledgehammer.

When the rousing musical score kicks in and a very brief segment of the Rocky theme comes blasting out, it was an absolute joy.

I wonder if Clubber Lang had any kids... :)

Edited by beastmaster at 09:32:02 06-12-2018
  • elstoof 6 Dec 2018 10:11:00 21,964 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    When Harry Met Sally

Still a good watch

1/1
  • Jyzzy-Z 6 Dec 2018 13:21:03 3,568 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    I wonder if Clubber Lang had any kids... :)
    That was going to be the plot for this at one point apparently. Not sure why they swapped to Drago.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 6 Dec 2018 13:24:20 12,885 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Because then it would be 'too black'.
  • elstoof 6 Dec 2018 13:29:19 21,964 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    How much screen time did Weathers actually have with T? Pretty clear why Drago would pack a much harder emotional punch
  • You-can-call-me-kal 6 Dec 2018 13:31:04 12,885 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah, not sure why the plot would ever have been him fighting Clubber Lang's kid. There's no story there.
  • beastmaster 6 Dec 2018 13:54:09 18,818 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I know. I was just messing around.

However, it has been rumoured that they are planning a Drago spin-off. Or at least itís an avenue the director is looking to explore. Unless itís reported by one of the Hollywood trades, then thereís nothing concrete.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 6 Dec 2018 13:57:22 12,885 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Drago 1 = Creed 3 = Rocky IX
  • Lukus 6 Dec 2018 15:11:18 21,481 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:

About as good as a sequel could possibly..

This film had everything I wanted from it. Great performances and characters, as good a plot as you could get...

b]Creed 2 - 8/10
    )
    Does not compute.
  • Your-Mother 6 Dec 2018 15:28:24 2,246 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    As good a good as can good.
  • JoelStinty 6 Dec 2018 15:51:08 7,012 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Was meant to see Shoplifters this afternoon. But my bus didn't turn up (for those outside london..or in civilisation we only get one an hour down in the far reaches of cornwall) so instead I watched Tale of Tales at home.

Which was decent, charming, if a bit clinical, and i'm not really sure what it was about other than the rich being able to take from and mock their subjects. But it was watchable and despite being off the wall, recognisable due to its fairy tale nature. The selma hayek thread was the strongest of the three, Toby jones and Vincent Cassels storylines had their highs but they weren't as rounded as the story of the two brothers. Worth a watch just because.

3/5

Edited by JoelStinty at 15:51:57 06-12-2018
  • robthehermit 6 Dec 2018 16:58:16 7,022 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @JoelStinty Not just the far reaches, I can see England from my office window and we still only get one bus an hour.
  • DUFFMAN5 7 Dec 2018 07:17:22 23,792 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Nativity Rocks (4) Cinema

Was very concerned going in as although I'm far from a fan of the previous films they have been "ok" and had a fair smattering of stars. This one had almost none of the original cast But my daughter and friend wanted to see it, see we watched it. It was ok even fun in places,I probably would recommend to dads and mums with younger pre-teen children. Very heavy with messages of love, tolerance and acceptance, but with singing and dancing. The new "Mr Poppy" was pretty funny.
    60%

The Humanity Bureau Netflix
    Absolutle shite film with Nic Cage

Wiki:
    In the near future war, climate, and political agendas have robbed America of its lush resources. Seeds rarely grow into vegetation, the water is mostly polluted, and people are obligated to work hard to earn their keep. Noah Kross (Nicolas Cage) is an agent of the humanity bureau, a government agency that determines a personís productivity. Krossís reports are key factors in deciding who stays in America and who is deported to New Eden.

nil/100%
  • elstoof 7 Dec 2018 14:38:44 21,964 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Creed 2

Cried a bit at the end which i donít usually do, losing parents, becoming a parent etc is close to home. Great film though, as good as the first

Creed 2/2
  • Load_2.0 7 Dec 2018 14:41:16 28,293 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Load_2.0 7 Dec 2018 14:41:31 28,293 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    Yeah, not sure why the plot would ever have been him fighting Clubber Lang's kid. There's no story there.
    Denzel wasn't available.
  • elstoof 7 Dec 2018 14:54:21 21,964 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Thread fixer
  • Bowtop 7 Dec 2018 14:57:59 3 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 2 weeks ago
    Hotel artemis.
    35/100
    Would have got lower if it wasn't for sofas fight scene in a sexy dress.
  • JamesUK 7 Dec 2018 15:33:06 749 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    mmm, I love a good bit of upholstery.
  • retro74 7 Dec 2018 15:53:04 2,576 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ralph Breaks the Internet

Very clever and quite funny. Enjoyed it loads

8/10
  • askew 7 Dec 2018 16:11:31 18,022 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    JamesUK wrote:
    mmm, I love a good bit of upholstery.
    I heard it was quite suite.
  • Lukus 7 Dec 2018 17:32:45 21,481 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    R.I.P.D

Basically Men in Black 4.

I knew nothing about this film going in other than it was meant to be rubbish. I was pleasantly surprised to find quite a fun film, albeit not exactly original in its tone or general concept.

6 out of 10
  • mangojoe 7 Dec 2018 23:00:01 2,153 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Spiderman- into the spidey universe

8/10

Really impressed.
  • ChiefGB 7 Dec 2018 23:29:56 9,772 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wreck it Ralph 2, donít think it was as fresh as the first but the characters did get some development. It was pushing the girl angle just a little too hard but was good natured enough. The ending ďbaddieĒ was a bit dull and I nearly zoned out.
    Gal gadot is also incredibly hot as a cartoon so that was nice 🤣🤣

73/100
  • DUFFMAN5 8 Dec 2018 06:26:34 23,792 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Bobby Robson More than a manager Netflix.
    Brilliant tribute to a brilliant man. I loved Bobby and they way he handled himself, even when NCFC lost any respect and "second team" love I had for them, when they sacked him.
    Everyone of us, of A certain age will remember 86,90 WC and just how unlucky we were.
    A very emotional documentary covering his entire (brilliant)career, not in a linear way but going back and forth. Some lovely tributes from ex players, fellow mangers. Even JM says a lovely sentiment about death and legacy.
    I was bleary eyed for most of the run but that was not just sadness, but also with joy and pride in the man.
    Beautiful
    10/10
  • Dougs 8 Dec 2018 07:06:45 87,395 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Spotted that the other day, look forward to it. Loved Bobby too.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.