Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 3860

  • Mola_Ram 13 Apr 2019 13:37:16 20,094 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    irrelevanthuman wrote:
    @Mola_Ram

    Jeff Fahey? Sold
    Yeah he's only in it for a couple of scenes, but he totally owns them. Love that guy.
  • Scimarad 13 Apr 2019 15:04:57 9,606 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Considering all the terrible reviews, I actually ended up quite liking Mortal Engines. I definitely see the criticisms but I still thought it was pretty good fun. Also; "Hey it's Bobbie from the Expanse!..Oh, she's gone again:("
  • Darth_Flibble 13 Apr 2019 15:08:05 3,423 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Aquaman

    While not as bad as Batman vs superman or suicide squad, its really dumb in the way that a 10 year old made it just bashing 2 action figures together. Momoa and Heard are really dull in this and so is Patrick Wilson (who might as well be cgi) Also laughably how many times there is scene where people are talking and there is wall breaching explosion. Surprised it made over $1 billion at the box office.

    4/10
  • Bichii 13 Apr 2019 16:24:55 1,693 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    Aquaman

    While not as bad as Batman vs superman or suicide squad, its really dumb in the way that a 10 year old made it just bashing 2 action figures together. Momoa and Heard are really dull in this and so is Patrick Wilson (who might as well be cgi) Also laughably how many times there is scene where people are talking and there is wall breaching explosion. Surprised it made over $1 billion at the box office.

    4/10
    I thought aquaman was the worst of the lot. Bats v super extended cut is sooo much better.
  • JamboWayOh 13 Apr 2019 16:27:01 13,158 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    Aquaman

    While not as bad as Batman vs superman or suicide squad, its really dumb in the way that a 10 year old made it just bashing 2 action figures together. Momoa and Heard are really dull in this and so is Patrick Wilson (who might as well be cgi) Also laughably how many times there is scene where people are talking and there is wall breaching explosion. Surprised it made over $1 billion at the box office.

    4/10
    I thought aquaman was the worst of the lot. Bats v super extended cut is sooo much better.
    It's like asking which one is better, eating shit with peanuts in it or eating shit with sweetcorn in it.
  • fontgeeksogood 13 Apr 2019 16:29:11 6,052 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Peanuts
  • fontgeeksogood 13 Apr 2019 16:29:35 6,052 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I don't like sweetcorn
  • Bichii 13 Apr 2019 16:56:53 1,693 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hmm I like both but probably prefer eating nuts.
  • Bichii 13 Apr 2019 18:35:46 1,693 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Fuck my life. I had to pop to shops, on the way out my bf says "shall I rent a movie on sky?". Sure why not I thought but on my return from the shop he has rented sky scraper. OMFG. I need to go back out and get booze.
  • Bichii 13 Apr 2019 19:30:07 1,693 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Mola_Ram 450million at box office. So plenty of profit now and talks on the sequel.
  • richarddavies 13 Apr 2019 21:19:46 6,708 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just got back from pet sematary.

    Sometimes dead is better.

    3/10
  • anephric 13 Apr 2019 22:30:32 3,223 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    HEY NOW.
  • nickthegun 14 Apr 2019 18:33:28 77,813 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hotel Artemis - maybe this really is the Deep Impact to John Wicks Armageddon but it does feel like someone thought 'that hotel for lowlifes thing is cool, maybe I could stretch that out to 90 minutes'.

    It's got a good cast who, sadly, do fuck all because whoever is doing the ripping off pretty much misses the mark about everything that made continental cool.

    4/10
  • Derblington 14 Apr 2019 18:56:53 31,614 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    multicolouredpoopoo wrote:
    Hellboy

    Some bits were alright, but it was mostly very meh. A few extremely gory scenes if that's your thing.

    7/10
    7/10 sounds better than "mostly very meh".
  • kentmonkey 14 Apr 2019 20:01:51 22,983 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Incredibles 2

    Well that was infinitely better than I thought it would be. My little boy and I both thought it was great, which is rare for a kids movie to not be too grown up for youngsters to enjoy, or not too basic for older demographic (i.e. me).

    Story was predictable, obviously, and you can tell some of the characters were designed purely for marketing purposes, but I really enjoyed it.

    As a family movie, it's a 9/10 for me.

    Edited by kentmonkey at 20:02:12 14-04-2019
  • crashVoodoo 14 Apr 2019 20:17:03 6,261 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Captain Marvel 8/10
    Predictable as hell but fun all the same. Power creep in the MCU is real ...

    Alita Battle Angel 5/10
    would've been higher if it wasn't for 'that ending'

    Polar 7/10
    Netflix's version of John Wick with added gratuitous torture scene.
  • spindle9988 14 Apr 2019 20:37:15 4,880 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    Captain Marvel 8/10
    Predictable as hell but fun all the same. Power creep in the MCU is real ...

    Alita Battle Angel 5/10
    would've been higher if it wasn't for 'that ending'

    Polar 7/10
    Netflix's version of John Wick with added gratuitous torture scene.
    His dare you compare that crap to the glorious John Wick.

    You have brought shame upon this family.
  • Mr_Sleep 14 Apr 2019 21:09:42 22,571 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @crashVoodoo it would have been better without the torture. I am really tired of torture scenes being used as entertainment.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 14 Apr 2019 21:32:55 19,735 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Incident In A Ghost Land

    Hadn't heard of this until it popped up on Now TV. It's really quite fucked up. Worth a watch if you done like your shit fucked up.
  • nickthegun 14 Apr 2019 21:49:54 77,813 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'd assumed it was a horror comedy from the name
  • wobbly_Bob 14 Apr 2019 21:51:04 5,086 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    @crashVoodoo it would have been better without the torture. I am really tired of torture scenes being used as entertainment.
    Agreed. This is just pure torture porn in this movie; It's not offensive, it's just boring. The movie is properly shit too.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 14 Apr 2019 21:58:03 19,735 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I'd assumed it was a horror comedy from the name
    Nah definitely not a comedy. Though I did laugh a few times at just how fucked up it was.
  • kingnothing12 14 Apr 2019 22:14:58 786 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    Incident In A Ghost Land

    Hadn't heard of this until it popped up on Now TV. It's really quite fucked up. Worth a watch if you done like your shit fucked up.
    Me and the other half just finished watching this. Indeed it is pretty fucked up.
  • dominalien 15 Apr 2019 06:05:04 9,129 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The Signal

    Two dudes on a road trip are tracking a hacker. Thereís also a girl.

    The main story arc is fine, but itís filled to the brim with random ideas and elements from lots of different films and they make no sensible whole. Itís fairly entertaining for as long as you donít know what is going on, but once you do and look back on whatís been going on before it falls completely apart.

    A generous

    4/10
  • nickthegun 15 Apr 2019 06:39:59 77,813 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Is that the one with Fishburne? In thought it was alright and I quite liked the ending.

    6/10
  • RichDC 15 Apr 2019 06:52:21 8,302 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The Man Who Killed Hitler and then the Bigfoot

    A mixed film that doesn't live up to the potential of its title. Mostly quite a slow drama dealing with the effects that taking a life can have on someone, with some a bit of humour and tension added in at points too.

    A bit dull and leaves you with questions. Just not very interesting ones.

    6/10
  • dominalien 15 Apr 2019 08:15:57 9,129 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Is that the one with Fishburne? In thought it was alright and I quite liked the ending.

    6/10
    Yeah, it's that one. The ending is fine (although a 100% rip off of Dark City and as such it can't be scored positively), it's all the events after the alien abduction that I take issue with.
  • wobbly_Bob 15 Apr 2019 13:16:54 5,086 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Since the Star Wars trailer dropped I have been feeling in a "galaxy far away" mood so put on Rouge One again. I actually enjoyed it more the second time around. It's a lean beast with very little screen time wasted. It's nice to see something that gets away from the characters we know and that makes it far better than Solo. I would like to see more stand alone Star Wars but let's do some interesting things and move away from the old core protagonists and even the more story. 9/10

    Edited by wobbly_Bob at 13:17:13 15-04-2019
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.