Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 4062

• beastmaster 30 Mar 2020 22:08:40 20,431 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    anephric wrote:
    Live and Let Die is the only Bond film that has anything supernatural going on in it (Solitaire totally has psychic powa until she gets Rogered some Moore and Baron Samedi is the MAN who CANNOT DIE!) so I'd hesitate to call it one of the more realistic Bonds.

Bond sports a Hamilton Pulsar in this, which is EASILY the best Bond watch.
    Yeah, you're obviously right. I was just thinking of world domination plans.

Come to think of it, having a new Bond film with this kind of angle would be pretty damn good.
  • fontgeeksogood 30 Mar 2020 22:24:10 9,452 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Bond needs to be unrealistic though, the newer ones all suffer from it because the baddies have to be dialled up to fucking ridiculous to make you even slightly root for Bond because he's such an irredeemable cunt without any of the whimsy.

Also the Omega Seamaster 300 in the shitty Brosnan films is the best Bond watch because I've got one
  • beastmaster 30 Mar 2020 22:30:03 20,431 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    Bond needs to be unrealistic though, the newer ones all suffer from it because the baddies have to be dialled up to fucking ridiculous to make you even slightly root for Bond because he's such an irredeemable cunt without any of the whimsy.

Also the Omega Seamaster 300 in the shitty Brosnan films is the best Bond watch because I've got one
    I've got one too. Latest one from Q branch!

No Time To Die would have been out this Thursday. Oh well.
  • anephric 30 Mar 2020 22:37:07 3,854 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    James Bond stars in Ian Fleming's... The Man with the Wizard's Sleeve.

Cmdr Bond, fresh back from his most recent drinking binge/facelift, discovers he has been cursed by a nebulous Russian Cossack who is only known as THE WIZARD'S SLEEVE. THE SLEEVE has a murky past that intertwines with Bond, possibly from that time he got taken in as an orphan by yet another friendly family with a murderous jealous child, after the first time round went tits up.

This time THE SLEEVE (who cries tears of magical Russian glitter when thinking about something evil, which is a dead giveaway. Also, he wears traditional Cossack dress at all times) plans to dominate the world by manipulating MYSTIC MEG into convincing old people to spend FIVE POUNDS A TIME ringing up a horoscope line.

Bond checks in with OFCOM. Their regulatory powers not being eldritch, Bond then has to descend into the shadowy international cabal of MONETISED TELEPHONIC SPIRITUALISM in order to expose THE WIZARD'S SLEEVE.
  • barchetta 30 Mar 2020 23:11:55 2,335 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I Don't Feel At Home In This World Anymore - Netflix

80/100

Bit of a unexpected gem, this one. It looked like it would be something of a leftfield indie goof movie. Turned out to have quite some black humour with a couple of wtf moments.

Like an early lo-fi Coen-brothers film - oddball characters getting deeper into situations than they expected.

Well worth a watch.

Edited by barchetta at 23:30:58 30-03-2020
  • RGeefe 30 Mar 2020 23:21:09 829 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    barchetta wrote:
    I Don't Feel At Home In This World Anymore - Netflix

80/100

Bit of a unecpected gem, this one. It looked like it would be something of a leftfield indie goof movie. Turned out to have quite some black humour with a couple of wtf moments.

Like an early lo-fi Coen-brothers film - oddball characters getting deeper into situations than they expected.

Well worth a watch.
    Think it's Macon Blair's directorial debut and he's clearly learned off the bloke he did Blue Ruin and Green Room with. It's not up to their quality but it's more light hearted. Elijah wood trying to pull a throwing star out of a wall is great.
  • barchetta 30 Mar 2020 23:28:10 2,335 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @RGeefe Most definitely lighter than Green Room which was pretty nasty as I recall. More comic moments bring some levity - think a rewatch of GR would be too dark for me right now.
  • freddymercurystwin 31 Mar 2020 01:58:38 2,052 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @barchetta that's a great little film, the throwing up scene had me in stitches!
  • barchetta 31 Mar 2020 10:50:04 2,335 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @freddymercurystwin Yeah, my wife was in hysterics at that. Shades of Mr Creosote!
  • EMarkM 31 Mar 2020 10:55:51 4,922 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Jumanji Welcome To The Jungle.

A solid and fun romp which deserves a 70/100.

I liked the cast (both “parts”) and the lack of a proper story doesn’t matter in the least.

It would have been too “old” for our eight year old, and has been well rated as a “12” certificate.
  • Jono62 31 Mar 2020 11:12:27 24,753 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I hope the next Jumanji is subtitled Karen Gillan Adventures.
  • EMarkM 31 Mar 2020 11:29:57 4,922 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    I hope the next Jumanji is subtitled Karen Gillan Adventures.
    She is rather lovely.
  • jimnastics 31 Mar 2020 12:15:20 1,803 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:

I liked the cast (both “parts”) and the lack of a proper story doesn’t matter in the least.

It would have been too “old” for our eight year old, and has been well rated as a “12” certificate.
    I let my 4 and 7 year olds watch that the other day, not thinking about rating... what have I subjected them to??
  • richarddavies 31 Mar 2020 12:17:32 7,579 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    jimnastics wrote:
    EMarkM wrote:

I let my 4 and 7 year olds watch that the other day, not thinking about rating... what have I subjected them to??
    It was alright generally. The hardcore sex scene between Jack Black and Kevin hart just kinda comes out of nowhere though.
  • EMarkM 31 Mar 2020 12:29:27 4,922 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    richarddavies wrote:
    jimnastics wrote:
    It was alright generally. The hardcore sex scene between Jack Black and Kevin hart just kinda comes out of nowhere though.
    Yeah, I could have lived without the rhino snuff bit too, but it would have left a massive hole in the plot.
  • EMarkM 1 Apr 2020 09:27:45 4,922 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Kingsman: Secret Service

We’d heard good things about this movie and had seen the trailers when it first came out, but hadn’t really given it a thought since.

It deserves at least an 80/100 score. It’s excellent.

There’s more technology in it than we had anticipated, and the fight scenes are magnificent, although totally unbelievable. The main villain casting is curious and slightly unsettling at first but beds in rather nicely.

There’s enough story to keep you interested until the end, an absolutely marvellous cast with quite a few “wait, they’re in this?!” moments and the line spoken by the princess near to the end raised a knowing cheer in the room.

Adults only!

Good stuff.
  • Rum_Monkey 1 Apr 2020 09:29:27 607 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Don't bother with the sequel. Bigger doesn't equal better in this case.
  • ChiefGB 1 Apr 2020 09:32:28 12,388 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Reading through I was just about to say the same, the sequel is fucking dreadful.
  • EMarkM 1 Apr 2020 09:32:56 4,922 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Rum_Monkey wrote:
    Don't bother with the sequel. Bigger doesn't equal better in this case.
    Thanks, we’ll bear that in mind. We knew there was one, but we’ll send it to the bottom of the pile for now. :)
  • freddymercurystwin 1 Apr 2020 09:49:54 2,052 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:

Really? I can't think of much in it that's that scary, my 6 year old has seen it, he might have even seen it in the cinema so he would have been 4, its 12A BTW. He watched Jaws the other day, loved it, cheesy romp that it is.
  • EMarkM 1 Apr 2020 09:58:30 4,922 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @freddymercurystwin Not scary as such, I never said so.

It depends upon how liberal you are with the little ‘uns hearing the odd swear and slightly sexual biological reference.

A couple of the more intense action scenes would have been a bit much for our eight year old girl.

:)
  • freddymercurystwin 1 Apr 2020 10:17:10 2,052 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Fair enough, I guess my 6 year old lad is a ballsy and balshy little tearaway!

Hmm perhaps I should lay him off the scary action films. :)
  • EMarkM 1 Apr 2020 10:43:04 4,922 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @freddymercurystwin :D
  • Dougs 1 Apr 2020 13:09:11 93,552 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    freddymercurystwin wrote:
    Fair enough, I guess my 6 year old lad is a ballsy and balshy little tearaway!
    Or hasn't quite learned to process things in the same way yet as slightly older kids. I certainly found that - what didn't bother my 10 year old at age 6 suddenly seemed to affect him at age 8. They just let it wash over them when slightly younger but as soon as they can put it together....
  • Khanivor 1 Apr 2020 16:11:09 44,382 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Knives Out - 8/10

Right from the opening bar of music you know you’re in for a treat. Great fun with some truly lol moments. Great cast all having the time of their lives. Trying to determine if Daniel Craig face looking like he had died 15 hours ago throughout the whole film is of significance or if he just let himself go after Bond
  • Derblington 1 Apr 2020 20:12:43 32,900 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Venom - 4/10

Absolute shite. Sony really have no idea what to do with their Spider-man license. Literally 5 mins in I knew it was awful. It’s a weird bastardization of the character that doesn’t work standalone with Spidey.
    I’ve seen good films by the director, and Hardy and Williams are both decent actors, but nothing about this film worked, including their participation.

I think the only superhero film I’ve seen worse is Suicide Squad.
  • Lukus 1 Apr 2020 20:18:18 23,104 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    IT Chapter I

Not bad. I liked the visual trickery and set pieces for the most part. The projector bit was especially good.

I didn't really like any of the kids though. Stranger Things boy was especially annoying and can't really pull off the whole Jay from the Inbetweeners bantz. Neurotic germophobe kid was a dick too and I found the constant F-bombs unnerving.

Entertaining otherwise, if too long.

7 out of 10
  • JamboWayOh 1 Apr 2020 20:48:27 18,736 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    Venom - 4/10

Absolute shite. Sony really have no idea what to do with their Spider-man license. Literally 5 mins in I knew it was awful. It’s a weird bastardization of the character that doesn’t work standalone with Spidey.
    I’ve seen good films by the director, and Hardy and Williams are both decent actors, but nothing about this film worked, including their participation.

I think the only superhero film I’ve seen worse is Suicide Squad.
    I've seen Justice League. I've also seen Spider-Man 3.
  • richarddavies 1 Apr 2020 21:02:35 7,579 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Booksmart

I love superbad and movies in the same ilk but I'm 30 minutes in now and it's been about as funny as the news at ten is at the minute. Does it pick up?
  • Dougs 1 Apr 2020 21:15:47 93,552 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    No.

Edit: I'm not sure I was the target audience

Edited by Dougs at 21:16:37 01-04-2020

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.