Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 4251

  • TechnoHippy 19 Nov 2020 19:43:03 18,076 posts
    Seen 14 seconds ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Nemesis

    I saw this recommended on a Cyberpunk group and as it's on Prime gave it a try, and it may be the worst film I've ever seen. It's a weird Terminator/Robocop/Cyborg knock off with no redeeming features - and yet I watched it to the end!

    And I see there are two sequels - how the hell did that happen?

    1/10
  • robthehermit 19 Nov 2020 21:12:39 8,049 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Die Hard 10/10

    Nothing bad to be said about this film. Absolute classic.
  • RawShark 19 Nov 2020 21:30:52 1,381 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    Just watched Jojo Rabbit too and I thought it was wonderful. One of those films that sure, you can pick holes and also argue it might be distasteful in certain respects, but I saw it more as a charming and beautifully made fantasy (albeit based on very real events). His fat little best friend was possibly my favourite character. 9/10
    He was brilliant. His little paper uniform
  • Decks 19 Nov 2020 21:34:23 27,689 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I enjoyed that Theon's role was basically just to stand around and look like a gay German.
  • nickthegun 19 Nov 2020 21:42:58 83,748 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The Hunt: a decent entry into the Rich People Hunt Poor People genre and has a very Cabin in the Woods vibe about it. It pushes the gore and violence to comical levels, has an almost lighthearted, meta tone and all the right people die.

    Its biggest problem is that it doesn’t really follow through with its political commentary and takes a bit of a ‘both sides’ stance. The whole thing is an allegory for ‘what if Twitter spilled out into the real world?’ but is seemingly afraid of offending anyone.

    But Liberty Belle is really good and, even if the meta-commentary stuff is a swing and a miss, it’s still a fun 90 minutes of people getting exploded.

    6/10

    A six+, even.

    Edited by nickthegun at 21:43:46 19-11-2020
  • nickthegun 19 Nov 2020 21:44:32 83,748 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I seem to be only watching Blumhouse at the moment. Are they the only people still making movies?
  • anephric 19 Nov 2020 22:16:20 4,569 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I didn't get that from The Hunt, I thought it took jabs at both sides of the political spectrum fairly evenly.
  • nickthegun 19 Nov 2020 22:30:47 83,748 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    That’s what I mean. It’s very ‘both sides’, which would be fine but it’s not exactly biting satire. It did feel a limp in that respect.
  • anephric 19 Nov 2020 23:02:27 4,569 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's mostly a gory romp with some satire chucked in, it's not trying to be Pasolini, innit.
  • fontgeeksogood 19 Nov 2020 23:56:26 11,269 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Die Hard 2: Die Harder

    Absolute dogshit. Starts off well (main baddie does naked callisthenics so you really hate him) but then gets really bad.

    Why was John McClane madly in love with a cunty 80s hair old frump?

    Anyway, the premise is daft, which isn't a problem but it's boring and the baddies aren't charismatic which is, considering how one dimensional the McClane character is.

    AVOID
  • fontgeeksogood 20 Nov 2020 00:01:13 11,269 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    They mailed the British airways scenes tho
  • Your-Mother 20 Nov 2020 00:06:09 5,442 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Where did they mail them to
  • Trowel 20 Nov 2020 00:11:53 23,963 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Imagine getting on a BA flight in the 80s and hearing an Irish voice over the tannoy claiming to be the pilot...
  • Mola_Ram 20 Nov 2020 00:15:50 24,906 posts
    Seen 14 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Its biggest problem is that it doesn’t really follow through with its political commentary and takes a bit of a ‘both sides’ stance. The whole thing is an allegory for ‘what if Twitter spilled out into the real world?’ but is seemingly afraid of offending anyone.
    This is pretty funny, because (if it's the film I'm thinking of) the whole marketing of it was based around how controversial it was, THE FILM *THEY* DON'T WANT YOU TO SEE, etc etc.

    Yeah, movie in big false advertising shocker, I know.
  • fontgeeksogood 20 Nov 2020 00:22:08 11,269 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Your-Mother wrote:
    Where did they mail them to
    Spoilers



    200 feet lower than they thought
  • fontgeeksogood 20 Nov 2020 00:23:26 11,269 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    Imagine getting on a BA flight in the 80s and hearing an Irish voice over the tannoy claiming to be the pilot...
    They cut out the bit where the stewardesses rattle a collection bucket for d'cause
  • beastmaster 20 Nov 2020 00:45:57 21,684 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    Die Hard 2: Die Harder

    Absolute dogshit. Starts off well (main baddie does naked callisthenics so you really hate him) but then gets really bad.

    Why was John McClane madly in love with a cunty 80s hair old frump?

    Anyway, the premise is daft, which isn't a problem but it's boring and the baddies aren't charismatic which is, considering how one dimensional the McClane character is.

    AVOID
    What is this blasphemy? You deserve to be thrown off Nakatomi tower for this!
  • fontgeeksogood 20 Nov 2020 00:51:35 11,269 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It's really bad beasty
  • anephric 20 Nov 2020 00:53:13 4,569 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The script is terrible but it gets by on Renny Harlin's ultimate 90s action movie chops.
  • anephric 20 Nov 2020 00:56:38 4,569 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What would a Canadian version of Die Hard be like? A Montreal cop comes to Toronto and is horrified no-one has white truffle shavings with every meal.
  • beastmaster 20 Nov 2020 00:56:59 21,684 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I’m in denial here. :-)

    One thing I do remember are the newspaper ads for Terminal Velocity back in the day which proudly stated that the Die Hard 2 trailer attached to it.

    The ejector seat scene is pretty damn good though.
  • anephric 20 Nov 2020 00:57:53 4,569 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So good Goldeneye nicked it.
  • fontgeeksogood 20 Nov 2020 01:01:37 11,269 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    anephric wrote:
    What would a Canadian version of Die Hard be like? A Montreal cop comes to Toronto and is horrified no-one has white truffle shavings with every meal.
    Someone hijacks a moose and drives it into the TD Centre
  • fontgeeksogood 20 Nov 2020 01:04:23 11,269 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    I’m in denial here. :-)

    One thing I do remember are the newspaper ads for Terminal Velocity back in the day which proudly stated that the Die Hard 2 trailer attached to it.

    The ejector seat scene is pretty damn good though.
    Fun fact, a few years after the movie came out, one of my best school buddies father had to eject from the plane he was navigating for, on the runway. It did not go as smoothly as John's did
  • nickthegun 20 Nov 2020 08:13:07 83,748 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    John grenade jumps out of the plane, so I’ll bet that was his problem.

    Also: Die Hard 2 was the best game on Die Hard Trilogy
  • retro74 20 Nov 2020 08:24:29 3,463 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Die Hard 2 is not a movie people should AVOID

    That review should be taken down. This thread needs more censorship to avoid a repeat of this type of thing
  • Drakesmoke 20 Nov 2020 08:24:56 695 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dr Sleep. 97/100. Loses the three on McGregor's accent.

    IMO both a brilliant flick and a great adaptation.
  • Trowel 20 Nov 2020 08:28:13 23,963 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    anephric wrote:
    What would a Canadian version of Die Hard be like? A Montreal cop comes to Toronto and is horrified no-one has white truffle shavings with every meal.
    Someone hijacks a moose and drives it into the TD Centre
    And that was the moment Due South jumped the shark.
  • fontgeeksogood 20 Nov 2020 08:30:22 11,269 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    retro74 wrote:
    Die Hard 2 is not a movie people should AVOID

    That review should be taken down. This thread needs more censorship to avoid a repeat of this type of thing
    Watch it again, and be truthful to yourself
  • Load_2.0 20 Nov 2020 08:36:42 32,306 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I seem to be only watching Blumhouse at the moment. Are they the only people still making movies?
    I like a lot of their stuff given their prolific output.

    Invisible Man was pretty solid, even their shit films like Fantasy Island are entertaining.

    The low budget strategy is probably pretty appealing in the current environment so I assume they have plenty more to churn out.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.