Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    What link? What blog?

Edited by boo at 11:03:03 05-04-2021
  • Nexus_6 5 Apr 2021 11:16:10 5,989 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Exactly!
    Sorry if I came across as a bit aggressive there old chap. Just keen to see the fucking blog updated. Or the fucking link removed.

And where is this Falcon review eh?

Edited by Nexus_6 at 11:16:53 05-04-2021
  • boo 5 Apr 2021 11:28:21 13,796 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Oh! The Lego blog. I'm with you now.

Is there a link somewhere? I think I used to have it in a signature on here, but I haven't used that in years!

And I have been thinking of starting the blog up again but I didn't think anyone was reading it. Ok - to the keyboard!
  • Nexus_6 5 Apr 2021 11:37:28 5,989 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    YES! The link is in your signature at the bottom of each post - taunting us all.
    Think of the man hours lost from people clicking this link each time you post, just to be disappointed by lack of update beyond the 'reboot' post of 2018!
  • boo 5 Apr 2021 11:59:46 13,796 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Soz - I've got sigs switched off, and assumed that meant mine wouldn't be displayed for others.

I'm on it!
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 5 Apr 2021 15:54:48 17,423 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Peter Rabbit

Domhnall Gleeson acts the shit out if this and gives a completely brilliant performance that the rest of the film absolutely doesnít deserve. Raging physical comedy, slapstick, turn on a pinhead mood shifts. Tremendous.

The rest?

James Corden voices a CGI rabbit who kills Sam Neil and then dances to Steal My Sunshine by Len on his corpse.

Domhball / 100
  • johnnyrocketfingers 5 Apr 2021 16:04:24 373 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Zilla Kong film - 100.
  • JoeBlade 5 Apr 2021 18:57:18 6,031 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Gemini Man

(showed up on Netflix, wouldn't know why else I'd watch this)

Well, that was... a thing. Lovely Mary Elizabeth Winstead was in it, I guess that's a plus.

Not much else to be said about it. If you like Will Smith there's a lot of Will Smith in this flick. Um, so, yeah.
  • anephric 5 Apr 2021 18:59:45 4,983 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Gemini Man is only worth watching in 60fps for the novelty factor.
  • TechnoHippy 5 Apr 2021 19:11:58 18,993 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Wonder Woman 84

That stretched time like being sat on the event horizon of a black hole - it was just so dull. I did like the idea of the big bad, but it just took so long to get anywhere. There wasn't enough actual Wonder Woman and the ending felt trite and overly convenient.

4/10
  • MasterOfSpin 5 Apr 2021 20:24:03 57 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Beneath on Netflix. 1/10 - awful.
  • nickthegun 5 Apr 2021 22:14:25 86,356 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Xmen: Dark Phoenix

Didnít actually realise it had dropped onto Disney+ and, yeah, itís a real turd. It feels like not a single person could really be arsed with it.

I think I might actually prefer that shitty Brett Ratner one because at least it knew it was stupid.

3/10
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 5 Apr 2021 22:17:55 17,423 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @nickthegun Iíve got it queued up for later in the week. I love the X-Men and theyíre my favourite superhero franchise in comic form but its pure morbid curiosity when it comes to this film.
  • creepiest-lizard 5 Apr 2021 22:23:44 2,383 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It really is shocking. Worse than X-men:last stand...?
    It actually might be.
    Nah, at least it didnt shit all over two previous very good films.
  • General_Martok 5 Apr 2021 22:33:41 2,191 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I didn't mind it...Dark Phoenix. It's not good though.
  • creepiest-lizard 5 Apr 2021 22:48:19 2,383 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    One of the problems I have with the later X-men films is that they feel like they exist in this lonely bubble outside of the real Marvel universe where all the fun stuff is going on.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 5 Apr 2021 22:58:45 17,423 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I felt like First Class was a nice way to soft reboot the franchise but they made an absolute mess of the continuity with Days of Future Past and Apocalypse. It was like each film was written by someone who hadnít seen any of the previous entries
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 5 Apr 2021 23:00:00 17,423 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nor read the comics

and had the execs demanding more Jackman at ever turn
  • nickthegun 5 Apr 2021 23:17:16 86,356 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    creepiest-lizard wrote:
    It really is shocking. Worse than X-men:last stand...?
    Objectively, no. Last stand is rubbish. But this is just so po-faced and boring. At least magneto lifted the Golden Gate Bridge in that one. This just felt like the final death rattle of something made with all the love of someone working their months notice.

Edited by nickthegun at 23:22:24 05-04-2021
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 5 Apr 2021 23:25:49 17,423 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @nickthegun when youíre looking at whatís happening over at Disney its probably easy to just give up if youíre working on any other superhero franchise
  • barchetta 5 Apr 2021 23:26:11 3,216 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    The Iron Giant. 90%

Hadn't seen this for a good few years, not since the kids were at infants/junior school. Now sitting GCSE and A levels. They remembered some scenes but it was great to revisit it, even with the odd added scene.

Really great blend of 2D hand drawn animation and 3D CG work. Runs at a fair clip and doesn't have any sag.

Fantastic design for the big dude and a great 50's cold war vibe.

Definitely up there with Incredibles and Ratatouille in Bird's CV even though it had to battle with budget constraints and woeful marketing efforts.

Edited by barchetta at 23:29:51 05-04-2021
  • eleven63 5 Apr 2021 23:30:24 2,921 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Logan.

Dark.

Sad.

Brilliant.

Too long.

8/10.

Must watch.
  • BreadBinLidHero 5 Apr 2021 23:30:52 10,570 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Last Stand is better than Dark Phoenix and Apocalypse IMO. All terrible though.
  • JamboWayOh 5 Apr 2021 23:38:27 23,750 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    BreadBinLidHero wrote:
    Last Stand is better than Dark Phoenix and Apocalypse IMO. All terrible though.
    I suppose it's like saying which STI is better.
  • dfunked09 5 Apr 2021 23:49:22 1,991 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @JamboWayOh

Public lice, hands down... Because they're itchy.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 6 Apr 2021 00:30:58 17,423 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    barchetta wrote:
    The Iron Giant. 90%

Hadn't seen this for a good few years, not since the kids were at infants/junior school. Now sitting GCSE and A levels. They remembered some scenes but it was great to revisit it, even with the odd added scene.

Really great blend of 2D hand drawn animation and 3D CG work. Runs at a fair clip and doesn't have any sag.

Fantastic design for the big dude and a great 50's cold war vibe.

Definitely up there with Incredibles and Ratatouille in Bird's CV even though it had to battle with budget constraints and woeful marketing efforts.
    I prefer it to either of those films

Supe-er-man :í( :í( :í(
  • dominalien 6 Apr 2021 06:36:20 10,455 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker on Disney+

Iíve now completely given up on the plot of the main SW saga and wasnít even trying to make it all fit in my head. Itís just a jumble of random scenes and plot elements.

Itís much better than the previous one, if only for the huge sith temple, which is the sort of thing that would only happen in a sw game so far and those are always my favourite parts.

The rest is meh, SW is just irrelevant and has no magic left in it.

5/10
  • Saul_Iscariot 6 Apr 2021 08:08:31 4,313 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @dfunked09 if the hands are down, you could alleviate with a good scratch?
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 6 Apr 2021 09:27:24 3,013 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Godzilla Vs Kong.

I thought this was supposed to be good? Utter gash. The 10 minutes or so through the film where they go at it are good, but every single second of the rest is garbage. All the human stuff could be edited out and it would make zero difference to the plot. Maybe the little girl stuff could stay, but literally everything else could be removed. The plot is nonsensical and devoid of any kind of logic or reasoning.
    The wife said "Well you don't expect Shakespeare with this sort of film, do you?"
    No, I don't. And maybe that's the problem. If no one expects the plot to be logical or humans to act like actual humans really do, then why bother?
    I just wouldn't mind if they put the smallest amount of effort into the plot.
    I also think that not seeing it in the cinema has an impact as well. I can imagine the monster fights being way more exciting on the big screen. But that still won't help the other 80% of the film being shit.

A generous 3/10
  • Bambot 6 Apr 2021 09:46:43 2,050 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Daddy-Doom-Bar wrote:
    Godzilla Vs Kong.

I thought this was supposed to be good? Utter gash. The 10 minutes or so through the film where they go at it are good, but every single second of the rest is garbage. All the human stuff could be edited out and it would make zero difference to the plot. Maybe the little girl stuff could stay, but literally everything else could be removed. The plot is nonsensical and devoid of any kind of logic or reasoning.
    The wife said "Well you don't expect Shakespeare with this sort of film, do you?"
    No, I don't. And maybe that's the problem. If no one expects the plot to be logical or humans to act like actual humans really do, then why bother?
    I just wouldn't mind if they put the smallest amount of effort into the plot.
    I also think that not seeing it in the cinema has an impact as well. I can imagine the monster fights being way more exciting on the big screen. But that still won't help the other 80% of the film being shit.

A generous 3/10
    Review can be pretty easily ignored. Might as well have ordered a McDonalds delivery and complained that it arrived cold, the bun was soggy, the chips were limp, there wasn't any silver cutlery, the table service was non-existent, there wasn't even a wine menu.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.