Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 4384

• Gruff 30 Apr 2021 22:21:38 3,838 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    The Mitchells vs The Machines 9/10 Absolutely loved it, tons of genuine LOL moments, terrific animation and quirky moments. Outstanding.

On Netflix along with Stowaway 7/10 which I enjoyed plenty, tons of drama and knotty conundrum's to keep it spicy. Looked lovely and spacey (not him)as well. NF raising their game recently.

Edited by Gruff at 23:09:09 30-04-2021
  • BreadBinLidHero 30 Apr 2021 23:44:48 10,594 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Please tell me that Mitchells vs Machines is an Eastenders-Terminator crossover.

Edited by BreadBinLidHero at 23:45:06 30-04-2021
  • Ultrasoundwave 30 Apr 2021 23:46:12 6,371 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Without Remorse

Kind of disappointed by this, but I did go in with high expectations, mainly due to Taylor Sheridan being involved.

Michael B. Jordan is excellent and it has some really good action….but it’s all very predictable and there is nothing you haven’t seen before.

Rumour is they’re going to follow this up with a Rainbow Six movie, which I’d be curious to see.

6/10
  • TechnoHippy 1 May 2021 08:42:16 19,031 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Without Remorse

I didn't have as high expectations as Ultrasoundwave, but the end result is pretty much the same. It's a threadbare plot that's obvious even by Clancy standards. The action is fairly decent and the cast are mostly fine, but it doesn't really stand out in any meaningful way.

6/10

Edited by TechnoHippy at 08:42:32 01-05-2021
  • RawShark 1 May 2021 10:09:02 1,770 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Borat 2

There funny moments - it does seem this time around most of the participants are in on the joke, which I suppose makes it kinder, but also more artificial.

I still felt quite uncomfortable with some scenes - the visit to the synagogue I could have done without. Plus can anyone explain how his daughter got to many award nominations? It’s not exactly an acting tour de force?

6/10
  • Gruff 1 May 2021 10:20:16 3,838 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    BreadBinLidHero wrote:
    Please tell me that Mitchells vs Machines is an Eastenders-Terminator crossover.
    Actually, kind of. Dysfunctional family tasked with saving the world :)
  • QBX 1 May 2021 11:24:49 232 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hombre

Paul Newman is John Russell, a white man raised by Apaches who has to defend the passengers of a stagecoach.

This is the very definition of a slow build but all the better for it. The first half builds the characters and the racism faced by Native Americans but is contrasted in the second by the groups need of Russell to survive. The supporting cast are excellent and do most of the work as Newman doesn't say much and act as his moral compass.

It's beautifully shot and really quite powerful.

10/10
  • Load_2.0 1 May 2021 11:33:44 33,075 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Mortal Kombat

Bit surprised by the negative reviews, I thought it was entertaining stuff. yes there are gratuitous f-bombs dropped but hey 90% of them were from Kano and that's pretty bang on for an Aussie. He was also a pretty good comedy foil for the silliness of it all.

I'll admit the rules and regulations of the tournament seemed ambiguous at best and Hollywood needs to stop using plastic bags to make icy realms (MK isn't the only one guilty of this) but the casting was good the majority of the fight scenes were solid.

All in all it was enjoyable Kung Fu romp!

Worth 15 quid? Probably not but a good standard price rental.
  • TechnoHippy 1 May 2021 16:41:24 19,031 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    The Thirteenth Floor

The recent mention of this caught my attention as the subject matter is right up my street. I liked the premise and they executed well. The effects are a bit dated, but still fit. It also has the bonus of not being destroyed by awful sequels :-)

7/10
  • RawShark 1 May 2021 20:50:16 1,770 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Run (Netflix)

Surprisingly enjoyable thriller. Probably works best if you don’t hold the story to much scrutiny, Nice twists.

8/10
  • CrispyXUKTurbo 1 May 2021 21:22:25 3,095 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    The Thirteenth Floor

The recent mention of this caught my attention as the subject matter is right up my street. I liked the premise and they executed well. The effects are a bit dated, but still fit. It also has the bonus of not being destroyed by awful sequels :-)

7/10
    An underapprieciated film imo
  • TechnoHippy 1 May 2021 23:38:14 19,031 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    School of Rock

Silly, fun, amusing and all together a pleasant watch. Probably one of my favourite Jack Black films.

7/10
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 2 May 2021 00:04:03 17,587 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Barkley Marathons: The Race That Eats Its Young (99p rental on Prime)

A second documentary on this bonkers race I’ve watched this week. 130 miles in 60 hours and something ridiculous like only 15 people even finished in the first 25 years. The course is unmarked and altered every year and run by an eccentric old maniac.

The other film I watched was just about one guy but this one is about the race and its history and all kinds of people who are and have competed. Definitely the more interesting of the two. Brilliant stuff, this is ultra tough but its a lot more counter-cultural and left field than any big professional ultra running event which appeals to me.

9/10
  • Khanivor 2 May 2021 04:00:14 44,734 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Mitchell’s vs the Machines - 9/10

One of the funniest films, overflowing with glols, carried by the most creative animation since Spideyverse.

Just. A. Fucking. Treat
  • Khanivor 2 May 2021 04:00:51 44,734 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Oh, thank you for the recommendation. The household had the best time. Thank you
  • dfunked09 2 May 2021 08:03:44 2,001 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Without Remorse 6/10

Yeah, pretty much what everybody else said. Some good action scenes and Michael B Jordan was decent, but all just a bit too by the numbers.
  • MrFlay 2 May 2021 08:15:39 4,655 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    National Gallery - 9/10

Behind the scenes documentary filmed in the National Gallery in London. Very interesting and contemplative. There are no talking heads or voiceovers. Just a detached observation of the staff and members of the public. The most effective sequences film the paintings and the people looking at the paintings, contrasting the painted faces with the filmed faces. Board meetings are filmed. We see restoration of the paintings, the frames, planning of an exhibition and much else. Any information is delivered to members of the public rather than to camera. You can ignore most of that anyway. I would
    hate to live in London but the galleries and museums are fantastic. All that loot.

It's on Mubi btw.

Edited by MrFlay at 08:16:13 02-05-2021
  • dominalien 2 May 2021 09:25:26 10,476 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Resident Evil Vendetta on Netflix

What a shitshow. The troubled villain is deliciously insane and Rebecca looks very nice for the most part, but that's about it. The action is laughable and the dialogue is on a totally new level of terrible.

3/10
  • Rum_Monkey 2 May 2021 09:52:19 2,711 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Surely it can't top Jill sandwich?
  • IronGiant 2 May 2021 09:52:56 6,289 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Mitchell’s vs The Machines - 9/10 Kids loved it as did us parents, job done!
  • dominalien 2 May 2021 10:00:50 10,476 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Rum_Monkey wrote:
    Surely it can't top Jill sandwich?
    Yeah, not quite at that level of terrible after all.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 2 May 2021 10:04:58 17,587 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    Resident Evil Vendetta on Netflix

What a shitshow. The troubled villain is deliciously insane and Rebecca looks very nice for the most part, but that's about it. The action is laughable and the dialogue is on a totally new level of terrible.

3/10
    I watched the trailer for the Netflix original thats coming out soon and it genuinely had poorer graphics than the cut scenes in RE2 remake.
  • RawShark 2 May 2021 16:54:17 1,770 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I remember seeing the other Resident Evil animated film (Degeneration, I think?) when Sony let people rent it for free as part of their “we’re sorry we lost your credit card numbers and switched off multiplayer” event.

I mean, Resident Evil was never exactly theatre, but it was atrocious. Like user SEM says, sub cutscene level animation. It would have been more fun watching a letsplay.
  • Sheckelberg 2 May 2021 16:56:43 57 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 weeks ago
    PSYCHO GOREMAN
    10/10
  • souvlaki 2 May 2021 17:32:58 1,167 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    MrFlay wrote:
    National Gallery - 9/10

Behind the scenes documentary filmed in the National Gallery in London. Very interesting and contemplative. There are no talking heads or voiceovers. Just a detached observation of the staff and members of the public. The most effective sequences film the paintings and the people looking at the paintings, contrasting the painted faces with the filmed faces. Board meetings are filmed. We see restoration of the paintings, the frames, planning of an exhibition and much else. Any information is delivered to members of the public rather than to camera. You can ignore most of that anyway. I would
    hate to live in London but the galleries and museums are fantastic. All that loot.

It's on Mubi btw.
    Ooooh thanks - one that the wife will love. Thanks
  • JamboWayOh 2 May 2021 18:05:24 23,838 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Snowman (2016) with Fassbender

Fucking awful. I don't actually know what I've just watched.
  • stephenb 2 May 2021 18:11:25 3,545 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Sheckelberg wrote:
    PSYCHO GOREMAN
    10/10
    I do not care for Hunky boys! ......or do I?
  • Sheckelberg 2 May 2021 19:30:07 57 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 weeks ago
    stephenb wrote:
    Sheckelberg wrote:
    PSYCHO GOREMAN
    10/10
    I do not care for Hunky boys! ......or do I?
    Ha!! What did you think about it!! Instant masterpiece to me!!
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 2 May 2021 20:33:09 17,587 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    RawShark wrote:
    I remember seeing the other Resident Evil animated film (Degeneration, I think?) when Sony let people rent it for free as part of their “we’re sorry we lost your credit card numbers and switched off multiplayer” event.

I mean, Resident Evil was never exactly theatre, but it was atrocious. Like user SEM says, sub cutscene level animation. It would have been more fun watching a letsplay.
    Just look at it

• Technoishmatt 2 May 2021 21:24:22 5,163 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    The Snowman (2016) with Fassbender

Fucking awful. I don't actually know what I've just watched.
    The reboot with fassbender instead of aled Jones?
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.