Friday night in? Page 3

Next Last
  • DUFFMAN5 18 May 2019 07:54:09 24,548 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @THFourteen

Morning TH, hope you got some good sleep and rest in mate :)

As for James, who knows mate, the beauty that is Autism Spectrum Disorder. He is on the extreme side of Autism which brings many issues and challenges.

I would think the only thing would be some sort of sedation, which we and especially my wife are not happy with, certainly not until he was 18 and over, even then unlikely.

It is very, very hard work. James is 11 and honestly never slept to a regular pattern. It is like having a new born in that regard.
  • ZuluHero 18 May 2019 09:22:05 7,410 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    greg_wha wrote:
    Iíve carpet cleaned the 3 staircases in my house.
    Half 9 hit and my better half ruined everything by announcing ďthat shitís too loud for half nine!Ē
    She went to bed and Iíve sunk a bottle of red and read my Kindle. Jesus Iím getting old.
    Tbf i think anything past 9 is too late for hoovering or other noisy chores. I was under the impression that you're not really allowed to make any loud noise after 8pm.

My partner is like you though, if she wants to do it, she'll do it, neighbours be damned. Who's old now? :)

Edited by ZuluHero at 09:24:19 18-05-2019
  • DUFFMAN5 18 May 2019 09:27:12 24,548 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Addy__
    Totally feel for you mate. Hopefully the day gets better for you and yours.
  • ZuluHero 18 May 2019 09:41:45 7,410 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

Sounds tough, really feel for you!

My own daughter has high functioning autism, with pathological demand avoidence being the main trait, and she really struggles with bedtime. I think she finally went to sleep at 11:45 last night.

She's also 11 and my partner still sleeps with her to see her through the night! I can't see that stopping for a long while yet :(
  • adamasunder12 18 May 2019 09:48:50 210 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    greg_wha wrote:
    Iíve carpet cleaned the 3 staircases in my house.
    Half 9 hit and my better half ruined everything by announcing ďthat shitís too loud for half nine!Ē
    She went to bed and Iíve sunk a bottle of red and read my Kindle. Jesus Iím getting old.
    Tbf i think anything past 9 is too late for hoovering or other noisy chores. I was under the impression that you're not really allowed to make any loud noise after 8pm.

My partner is like you though, if she wants to do it, she'll do it, neighbours be damned. Who's old now? :)

I thought is was 11pm though I couldn't tell you my source.

As a kid my mum would flip if anyone phoned after 9pm
  • ZuluHero 18 May 2019 10:01:52 7,410 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @adamasunder12

I think 11 is the absolute cut off.

I couldn't tell you my source either, I'm pretty sure all my beliefs, especially when it comes to laws, are down to whatever my parents used to say, and I've never really questioned it! Until now ;)
  • adamasunder12 18 May 2019 10:11:17 210 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    Haha! Yes, quite.

My mum was full of it. Sandwiches are only supposed to have one filling, milk is a food not a drink, happiness doesn't exist....

She's mad as a box of frogs. Stoic as the day is long though bless her
  • pacrifice 14 Jun 2019 01:13:05 4,769 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Lying in bed, division 2, eating fizzy cola bottles. Gonna get some OJ shortly. Might finally make a start on that horizon zero dawn dlc.
  • GuybrushFreepwood 14 Jun 2019 06:17:58 956 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    @pacrifice I know itís Friday and itís dark, but technically what you experienced was Friday morning.
  • pacrifice 14 Jun 2019 13:49:03 4,769 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @GuybrushFreepwood I know, was bit bored.
  • dominalien 14 Jun 2019 16:55:24 9,139 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    As far as I can tell, where I live youíre not allowed to make loud noises between 10 pm and 6 am. Builders love this, they schedule all the heavy work for first thing in the morning and everything goes quiet after 10 am.

I just got a new proj screen, so will be drilling some holes (before 10!) and hopefully getting some game time in once everyone stops trying it out.
  • GuybrushFreepwood 14 Jun 2019 19:47:46 956 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Iíve been cleaning all day none stop ( builder finished the bathroom and put a loft hatch in), so my Friday evening is going to be quite short and wonít involve much at all...staring blankly into space mostly with a break to watch the last of Good Omens.

Still, my bathroom looks like something from a posh hotel. Just need to get the rest of the house looking like it...
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.